Who are the 3 heads of the dragon?

dave95

Daenerys, Aegon, and Jon.

Aegon is either 1.) legit, but has to deal with suspicions of his identity for the rest of his life or 2.) is a Blackfyre/Brightflame/whomever and will be the "dragon" that heals the old Targaryen/Blackfyre wounds. I believe the former more than the latter because I think the story is setting him up for no one believing Aegon is who he says he is.

Daenerys will ride Drogon, as she already is.

Still indecisive about Aegon and Jon's dragons. However, I think Rhaegal and Viserion will parallel "The Greens" and Sunfyre from the first DoD, and I think Aegon and Jon will side against Daenerys, at least for a time. (The Greens was the political faction that supported Aegon II, and Aegon II rode Sunfyre, a gold dragon; Aegon II's personal banner was a gold dragon on black.)

Rhaegal has a temper, while Viserion is more laid back which leads me to believe that Aegon will have Rhaegal and Jon, Viserion. However, conquest and near death/resurrection might change both boys more than we know.

Viserion will have three riders by the end of the story; this is what his three horns represent. Viserion is likely the dragon to continue the family line of dragons, per imagery in the text. ("Her" egg was placed between Drogo's legs on his funeral pyre. In ADwD (or ACoK?), "she" is found in a coil around a pear tree, the coil representing continuity and the pear representing sexuality.) Therefore, I also believe whoever ultimately rides Viserion will also continue the Targaryen line.

I really like this! But is Viserion rider is the one to keep the Targaryen family line going than Jon (being a half targ) is the only one that can keep that family name going but hes a member of the NW. He may never have children of his own. Aegon may be fake but he still has the Targaryen last name (for now at least) so wouldn't he be the one to keep the family name going?? I hope Danys Moonblood from her last chapter in ADWD tells us shes having a miscarriage and can really conceive when were lead to believe she cant. I know that doesn't mean she'll make it full term but she might if she sleeps with a Targaryen (or at least half targ).

I really don't want Tyrion to be a Targaryen but i don't mind him being a rider of one of the dragons. He loves dragons and knows how to make saddles. I feel like this will definitely happen. I also hope Jon will be the other and we all know Dany is already one. Bran may ride an ice dragon or warg into one of danys dragons but will never "Ride" one.

I really like this! But is Viserion rider is the one to keep the Targaryen family line going than Jon (being a half targ) is the only one that can keep that family name going but hes a member of the NW. He may never have children of his own. Aegon may be fake but he still has the Targaryen last name (for now at least) so wouldn't he be the one to keep the family name going?? I hope Danys Moonblood from her last chapter in ADWD tells us shes having a miscarriage and can really conceive when were lead to believe she cant. I know that doesn't mean she'll make it full term but she might if she sleeps with a Targaryen (or at least half targ).

I really don't want Tyrion to be a Targaryen but i don't mind him being a rider of one of the dragons. He loves dragons and knows how to make saddles. I feel like this will definitely happen. I also hope Jon will be the other and we all know Dany is already one. Bran may ride an ice dragon or warg into one of danys dragons but will never "Ride" one.

My overall opinion is that Aegon rides Viserion and continues the Targaryen name through his wife, who will most likely be someone else other than Daenerys.  Daenerys parallels Rhaenyra and this Aegon, Aegon II, but the inheritance would be reversed: Daenerys' line discontinues and Aegon's continues.  Daenerys never stops having a menstruation throughout the series, but at the end of ADwD, she realizes she doesn't remember when she last had one.  She estimates up to two months ago.  I personally believe she never lost the ability in the first place, or perhaps was always only capable of producing children like that she produced in AGoT.  Maegor and Rhaenyra both had children with such deformities.  Maegor never had a living child and Rhaenyra never had any more children after having such a stillborn girl.

I think Targaryen blood is not as necessary as history would have us believe, so I don't see Tyrion bonding with one, at least for a time, impossible.  I don't see it likely, although perhaps BBP and Tyrion could ride together?

Dany and Aegon for one I can't think of who the third rider will be,I don't think it will be jon because he's too far away and he has ghost plus he's place is at the wall not other parts of westeros,I think the third rider has to be someone that will help dany in her coming conquest of the seven kingdoms,some people say that tyrion will be the third rider because he's a targaryen,well tyrion is not a targaryen,even if aerys is his father(which I don't think he is),he'd still be a bastard,he will be tyrion hill not targ,jon is also a bastard even if he's rhaegar's son.

I really don't get why so many people in this thread think that Aegon is one of the heads. He is most likely fake, and IMHO AFFC/ADWD has set up a Dany vs Aegon/Martell situation, not an alliance.

I think that Dany, Victarion and Tyrion will ride the dragons to Westeros. What happens next - no idea.

I really don't get why so many people in this thread think that Aegon is one of the heads. He is most likely fake, and IMHO AFFC/ADWD has set up a Dany vs Aegon/Martell situation, not an alliance.

I think that Dany, Victarion and Tyrion will ride the dragons to Westeros. What happens next - no idea.

Even if Aegon is a Blackfyre, he has Targaryen blood - maybe even more "blood of Old Valyria" than Daenerys.

Also, AFfC/ADwD setting up conflict instead of an alliance would be part of the point. GRRM has states that there will be a 2nd DoD.

Even if Aegon is a Blackfyre, he has Targaryen blood - maybe even more "blood of Old Valyria" than Daenerys.

Also, AFfC/ADwD setting up conflict instead of an alliance would be part of the point. GRRM has states that there will be a 2nd DoD.

oh, I totally think that there will be a dance of dragons... I just think that we won't have dragons on both sides, just black dragon vs red dragon. I can't imagine how fAegon could get a dragon without Dany giving him one (which she won't do).

oh, I totally think that there will be a dance of dragons... I just think that we won't have dragons on both sides, just black dragon vs red dragon. I can't imagine how fAegon could get a dragon without Dany giving him one (which she won't do).

Dragons choose the rider, not the other way around. Daenerys won't have any say in regards with whom Rhaegal and Viserion bond.

Dragons choose the rider, not the other way around. Daenerys won't have any say in regards with whom Rhaegal and Viserion bond.

Rhaegal and Viserion are currently in Essos. Aegon is currently in Westeros and will stay there. So, in order to connect with Aegon, they have to follow Dany to Westeros. This is only possible if either a) they accept Dany as their ruler/mother... or b) they are controlled by dragonbinder... or c) they bond with someone who is currently in Essos.

It is very unlikely that they would let someone ride on their backs the whole distance from Essos to Westeros and then suddenly change sides to Aegon.

• 2 months later...

No, it says there were Targaryen bastards who rode dragons.

I read it last month dude, if I'm not mistaken Aegon or Rhaenyra, I don't recall which one's war against his/her sister/brother left him/her with more dragons than riders so they put out a decree that anybody that can successfully bond a dragon would get a lordship. Yes there were bastards but there were also a few common folks. I don't have the book anymore but there was one famous commoner who let the power get to his head and did something foolish that got him killed on the back of his dragon.

The first one is Adamm Hull (not sure ) and the other one is thw girl Nettles who fed the dragon sheep until it bonded with her. They bonded with the wild dragons.

Allow me to counter your argument with textual evidence. The quote below is often used to claim that Aegon is a Blackfyre. A black iron sign in the shape of a dragon is chopped up and tossed into the water. This is a clear metaphor for the Blackfyre line, which is smashed with Daemon's death and then cast across the Narrow Sea with Bittersteel. However-

"One of the dragon's heads washed up on the Quiet Isle many years later, though by that time is was red with rust."

Notice that even though it is truly a black dragon, merely covered in rust to appear red, it is still "a dragon's head". The dragon must have three heads, and it appears one of them is black.

Allow me to counter your argument with textual evidence. The quote below is often used to claim that Aegon is a Blackfyre. A black iron sign in the shape of a dragon is chopped up and tossed into the water. This is a clear metaphor for the Blackfyre line, which is smashed with Daemon's death and then cast across the Narrow Sea with Bittersteel. However-

"One of the dragon's heads washed up on the Quiet Isle many years later, though by that time is was red with rust."

Notice that even though it is truly a black dragon, merely covered in rust to appear red, it is still "a dragon's head". The dragon must have three heads, and it appears one of them is black.

Or Lannister's red...

Archived