Who are the 3 heads of the dragon?

dave95

I do not think that the 3 heads of the dragon are the same people as the 3 dragon riders.  The way I see it is that the dragon heads are going to be Daenerys and two of her advisors (most likely Jorah and potentially Barristan, though hopefully not Barristan since he doesn't want to actually give advice).  The reason is that the head is usually related to the brain so having it be her trustworthy council makes sense to me.

But another reason why I don't think that the 3 heads are the same as the 3 riders is that I'm under the impression Aegon will steal a dragon (my bet is on Rhaegal) and use it to fight against Dany in the supposed upcoming 2nd Dance of Dragons.  If Aegon is one of the riders and an enemy of Daenerys, then the riders and the heads have to be different since the 3 heads are always treated as Dany's staunchest allies.

I think that the dragons' namesakes are going to be important in deciding who their rider is.  The three riders are thus:

Drogon - Dany (Drogo's wife)

Rhaegal - Aegon (Rhaegar's son, yes I believe that Aegon is legitimate)

Viserion - Jorah (One of the few people around who actually knew Viserys.  Plus Viserion seems to like him, though Viserion seems to like everyone.  Also given that Viserion is just a big sweetie, for a dragon, if any won't care about Targaryen blood it will be Viserion) Another potential is Arianne since she was Viserys' betrothed.

I personally think that if it comes out that the Lannister Breedings are Targaryens, that would be the worst writing possible which is why i don't think this will ever happen. GRRM is not the best writer, but he is pretty good. We can say for sure, that Jon is a (half) Targaryen. Now, revealing another one- or in that case 3 of them- would be just lame. "Oh heres a Targaryen, and here is another one, oh and that's a Targaryen". That would be a Targaryen Deus-ex-Machina, that solves every problem. That's just awfull. So I can say for sure that Tyrion is not a Targaryen. And he doesnt have to be.

Now in my opinion, to answer the question who are the three headed dragon, we should consider the tritity of the Saviour-Myth. We have three stories: Azor Ahai, tPtwP and the Last Hero.

And we need three persons for the three headed dragon.

Now many people think that the Myths are about the same person only differently told (in different areas of the Continent). I think that's only half true. I think there will be three people, each of them taking one part. Thus you will have the three headed dragon. One beeing- if you will- but with three heads. One Story that combines them, with three different people. And here is who i think this persons will be:

Jon - Azor Ahai. He will be reborn. And Melidsandre saw him as Azor Ahai in the fire.

tPtwP: Danny. It is said that he will be from the line of Aerys. Now Aemon allready explained why the prince doesnt have to be male. That's crucial. And she is from the direct line of Aerys. Also, the story of tPtwP is a Targaryen story. Thus it must be a full Targaryen. Jon is only halftarg. He fits in the role of Azor Ahai. And he died.

The Last Hero: Bran. Its a story from the north. A Stark Story. A guy who walked allone in the cold and got help from the Children of the forest to defeat the others. That's basically Bran. He is the connection to the other races of westeros.

All three will be neaded to defeat the others.

The other characters will of course play a role, but their role will be different.

Interesting take on this.

Jon and Tyrion being along with Dany three riders is such an easy way to do it, which makes me doubt it. Of course D&D might go for it,because (f)Aegon is not in their story, Barristan too and Jorah with his greyscale hardly.

Archived