[Book Spoilers] EP509 Discussion

Ran

I'm sure it will happen in the books too, just weird that all it took was a single episode of bad weather and 20 bolton men to turn stan from "I brought every healer I could find to fix your greyscale because you're a baratheon" to "ehh fuck it I'm cold roast the bitch." laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

I've never had a problem with this show. Everything people moaned about in the past was just 'meh' to me BUT this? Stannis would've let the WHOLE army starve before buring his OWN daughter Shireen of House Baratheon. She's the Baratheon heir for f's sake!! Ridiculous

I sincerely doubt the showrunners would change something that important just because they wanted to. Sure, Stan himself won't burn shireen, but like as not she'll meet a similar fate in the novels. It's not nice at all, but I'd bet on it happening.

If Stannis going to die anway in the books (at some point), then sure the showrunners can change this.

Well, they said GRRM told them stannis burns Shireen. I guess we'll find out if they're lying or not 10 years from now when Winds comes out.

Did they say that Stannis would burn her? Or just that she would burn? They're two vastly different things (And Stannis is nowhere near her early in WoW).

First post, started watching when season one began, have followed this website but decided to sign up today.

I cannot bloody believe Stannis burned his own daughter.

This show is going rogue from the books it is astonishing. The books may do something like this in the future but wow, I am stunned.

I was stunned when Sansa married Ramsay and was less so when he raped her, that was forseable but this takes the cake. I could see Selyse burning Shireen but not Stannis. However, does anyone think that maybe, just maybe it was a glamour and Davos switched places with Shireen with Mel's blessing? Probably not but OMG

I have On Demand on fast forward right now, and I'll be happy to come back with some exact quotes from the Inside Epi BS at the end. There is no way I believe that Stannis would burn Shireen for no reason but....to make it to WF?? I call BS on Stannis being involved in such in the books, and for nothing more than finishing his trip to Winterhell.

Did they say that Stannis would burnher? Or just that she would burn? They're two vastly different things (And Stannis is nowhere near her early in WoW).

+1.

It's not D & D's place to say this is exactly from the book ["Stannis burning his daughter and watching"].

killing him or him killing her would be a change in the relationship...

also who will shadow baby kill, roose, or ramsey...or will it be a bad enough baby to kill both?

Man I hope not..this shadow baby crap sucks and is such an easy get out card from having a true battle take place. Part of the reason I cant stand Stannis and Mel.

SO THEY MADE THE WHOLE THING ABOUT SAVING DANY THE DAMSEL IN DISTRESS AND NOT ABOUT HER FINDING OUT HER TRUE SELF I HATE YOU HBO! I FUCKING HATE YOU FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU HBO SHES THE MOST POWERFUL WOMAN OF THE WORLD SHE NEEDS NO FUCKING SAVE! DIE DIE DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What are you talking about ? Find her true self how?