[Poll] How would you rate episode 509?

Ran

How would you rate episode 509?  

980 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

RIP Shireen. Stannis, I hope it was worth it. I gave it a 5. I would like to hand over that Red Witch to Ramsey. I would take great pleasure in her torture.

Edited by Eve

8/10. The flying scene was not as intense as I hope it to be be, but still good. My heart goes out to Shireen. Can't believe Selyse showed more emotion than Stannis.

Can't believe they bothered to show a different side to Stannis just to create an impact for that scene only. Totally bogus, when they go back and force Stannis to become a complete villain anyhow.

Hard for me to like Stannis as even a book character now, seeing as how GRRM basically allowed this to happen.

I quit with the show and probably with the books to.

I do not diserve this as a reader and as a customer. Last time I checked stannis was days away from shireen, melissandre and selyse, asking Massey to put her daughter in the throne if he died.

Now brianne will chop him and he will go down as the most evil villan the book has ever had.

Easily one of the most anticlimactic, penultimate episodes of GoT ever. A terrible follow-up to Hardhome. I can't understand what I just watched, so I'm going to watch it again to make sure it really was the letdown I thought it was. Then I'll never watch it again.

A provisional 8. Need to rewatch in the morning when more awake, and mull it over a bit more. I'm with you Phoenix that the Drogon scene wasn't entirely what I wanted it to be, but I admit it was still stirring... stirring enough that it took awhile to realize that Dany had abandoned her friend, her lover, her new advisor, and her old protector to their fates while they were surrounded by sons of the harpy...

As to the Shireen thing, horrifying and tragic. Amazing performances all around. I don't think D&D really earned the moment, though, I think they really failed to make the real desperation of the situation obvious, so I think a lot of people will balk at that. That said, I've always seen Stannis as Agamemnon to Shireen's Iphigenia, and have always supposed that Stannis would be faced with the decision of sacrificing his own daughter. His vision of a king with a fiery crown being burned to ashes may well have a glimpse of the past, re: Viserys, but to me it says that Stannis will ultimately be destroyed by what he's doing, and to me there's a lot of emotional resonance in his sacrificing his own daughter. The only reason he didn't burn Edric, besides the fact that Davos got the boy away, was being convinced that he was doing it for the wrong reasons and needed to focus on saving the realm from the Great Other.... but if at the end of things he has nothing left to win the war but the promise of what the sacrifice of king's blood can offer... well.

I'll give it a 6. That burning scene was nightmare inducing. I think I hate it. Dorne for a little bit was OK, had some quirky moments, and Alexander Siddig is good, but dreadfully misused. But most of it was very meh. The Sand Snake scene was cringeworthy. Arya was OK... I guess? That was very anticlimactic TBH. I thought for sure she was going to change face and be one of those whores and kill Meryn, but no. Thank god they didn't do an Arya rape scene. Jon was alright. Very mediocre for an episode 9. The glorious pit scene saved it. Really awesome work there. Otherwise, very meh.

I quit with the show and probably with the books to.

I do not diserve this as a reader and as a customer. Last time I checked stannis was days away from shireen, melissandre and selyse, asking Massey to put her daughter in the throne if he died.

Now brianne will chop him and he will go down as the most evil villan the book has ever had.

Yeah... also, it makes Davos' look both negligent and stupid. How would he ever just leave camp knowing full well what Mel is capable of? I've been baffled at a lot of the show's decisions but this has to be among the worst if not THE worst.