[Poll] How would you rate episode 509?

Ran

How would you rate episode 509?  

980 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

6/10

Arya scene was poor... Sir Meryn did killed Syrio Forell, hoped that reference would come out but the selling oysters in the whorehouse is just a a thing i cant digest.

Wall was good, but only because it didnt last long.

Drogon being a hero on the pit is something i can't stand. Why?? right on time?

Shireen... well they sacrificed shireen but killed Stannis. And if she is to be burned in the books i would guess it's selyse fault not stannis.

I thought the Shireen scene was well done. I agree that it was predictable after the last "kings blood" conversaton and "my family stays with me", but I dont think it was meant to be a surprise. I found it emotional enough.

The fighting pit scene is a book fav and prob really hard to film. I thought it was good enough as far as the series goes without comparing to book. I wish Dany had taken control of Drogon in a more powerful way.

I gave it an 8.

Mainly, it was for the ending, though even that wasn't all I hoped for (I'm sure showrunners wanted more as well, but they're probably lucky with what they got). Hardhome got my hopes up for something better, but I did like the brutality of the scene, contrasted with the serene flight to end it all -- what a sight.

The burning of Shireen was another highlight. Though it felt super contrived -- oh Davos is conveniently sent off without much protest or suspicion, and Ramsay and his twenty men just happened to destroy all the seige equipment and burn all those tents, supplies, and people, without seemingly any resistance, beacause, well, it's the North and they know it better, all the while leaving Stannis with no other options -- I nevertheless felt the horror of the situation. Frankly, it hit me harder than I expected, which is exactly what they wanted, so props to them.

Also, still not digging Arya's storyline. The HoBaW seems more like a hangout for morgue rats than it does for a mystical assassination organization. Still, I admit I'm rather interested in how Arya carries out the hit from here, and what they do with her after.

I was waiting for a big shocker, one worse than the red wedding. Wasn't even shocked throughout the episode and i think there were some good moments, but most of the episode was just a mess and some things didnt make sense. (wont repeat cause heaps of people posted about it, but one was jon on the wrong side of the wall)

Gave it a 3/10

and thats me being kind

Drogon being a hero on the pit is something i can't stand. Why?? right on time?

Maybe Targs are the only ones allowed to get Deus Ex Machinas in the show? None of the other characters seem to get them.

Jaime is wonderful in the last books. He is wry, cynical & most of all very observant. It's through Jaime that you find out the fate of Jayne Poole & other minor characters who are the major lychpins for big events,

In Dorne, he just seems stupid & awkward the same with BRonn. Neither of them seem comfortable in the roles this season.

Jaime is wonderful in the last books. He is wry, cynical & most of all very observant. It's through Jaime that you find out the fate of Jayne Poole & other minor characters who are the major lychpins for big events,

In Dorne, he just seems stupid & awkward the same with BRonn. Neither of them seem comfortable in the roles this season.

The Shireen burning was actually handled better than I thought it would be, what happens next with Davos should be interesting though in next week's trailer Stannis looked like he belonged in some anime or something, but anyway good episode, one of the better ones of this season though it didn't really feel like an episode 9... I wonder if that's intentional

It really pisses me off that Jaime has gone from having one of the best character developments in the story to being a (poor) comic relief in the show.

Can't agree more. His stuff in seasons 1, 2, 3 was perfect. He became an ass once they shaved his head.

Jaime should've brought twenty good men with him to Dorne. Given the level of security at the gates of Sunspear -- on par with that of Stannis' camp, apparently -- they could have snatched Marcella, killed the Sand Snakes and Trystane, and been half way to Riverrun and a much better plot.