(Book Spoilers) Mannis 2 Society: Burning Anxiety

They actually did the unthinkable (D & D), they burnt Shireen.

Questions:

1. Did D & D screw this up?

2. Did Stannis act out of character? (Book and Show Stannis)

3. Did Show Davos know or at least reasonably believe what was going to happen? Is this why he gave Shireen a present? Is this out of character for Davos to have not acted on his own and taken Shireen with him to Castle Black?

4. Does this spoil a possible burning of book Shireen? If so, would book Stannis have done this? What would be the circumstances? What implications, if any, does this have for book Stannis?

5. What now for Team Stannis in the show?

6. Was this scene purely for shock value?

Except that Stannis isn't anywhere near Shireen in the book. If she is burned, it won't be by Stannis.

That's a pretty big difference. And just the kind of change they would think they could get away with.

David Benioff from the 5x09 Inside the Episode on Shireen's burning:

When George first told us about this, it was one of those moments that I remember looking at Dan, it was just, "Ugh, that's so horrible and so good in a story sense because it all comes together." You know, from the beginning, from the very first time we saw Stannis and Melisandre, they were sacrificing people, they were burning people alive on the beaches of Dragonstone, and it all comes to this...

"When George first told us about this."

"WHEN GEORGE FIRST TOLD US ABOUT THIS."

It is a shame indeed. Dany has no real contender. The iron throne is hers for the taking bye bye Stannis RIP. I never wanted anyone to deserve the ramsay bolton treatment. Theon did yes he killed children he deserved to be punished but even Theon we were willing to forgive not Stannis. Stannis deservers the Ramsay Bolton treatment. Killing your own child comes from a very dark place such a man can never be a leader of men. This crap about destiny is just him covering up his insanity.

They had to show Stannis isn't one of the good guys somehow.

Yeah but he isn't really a villian compared the following:

Joffery: "I killed Ned for the lolz."

Roose:"I stabbed Robb in the heart because he never listened to me."

Stannis:"I killed my only daughter because a fire priestess told me unless I kill the one I love then me and all my men will die and I can't save Westeros from the White Walkers."

One of these things is not like the other

I think people need to lay off D&D a bit on this. They SAID GRRM told them this was going to go down. I doubt they are lying so I believe them.

In any case I agree he is not redeemable. There is no one to root for in the Battle for Winterfell. I hope Sansa and Theon escape and that every last man, Baratheon and Bolton burns.

Archived