Where do we go from Here? With tears...

Some said it would never happen, some said he'd kill Melisandre first, but it did seem to be foreshadowed a long, long time ago. Why else would Shireen and her mom have accompanied her father? What exactly do you think will happen next in the epic saga of Stannis Baratheon? Is it going to be worth it?

What happens to Davos now?

You could sense doom in the arena in Mereen, couldn't you? Is Daenerys right back on track, off to the grasslands, to wander starving and hallucinating until she meets up with the Dothraki? And does Tyrion take over Barristan's role, with Daario and Mormont as his sidekicks? Were you surprised by the attack by the Sons of the Harpy, was this a well-done short-cut by the tv show?

Is there going to be a showdown at the Wall? Jon Snow was definitely nervous there. And just how the bloody hell did they end up approaching from the wrong side of the Wall? Will we end up at the end of ADWD?

Do we see Sam depart for Oldtown next week, maybe with Davos on the first leg?

Do you think Arya is going to be tomorrow's young, tasty bit of flesh? Did Jaqen believe her? Will he play a part?

Now, at the penultimate episode, are things much clearer, and, better still, much cleaner?

Exactly what was that conversation between Elia and Jaime all about? Trystane taking the small council seat, returning with Myrcella? What could possibly go wrong?

What happened to Shireen was messed up. I think it will probably happen in the book but not in the same way. The show ruined it. I hope Brienne stabs the crap out of Stannis.

I agree that Arya will try to be the next "young girl" Trant gets. I think her killing him instead of the gambler will get herself blinded.

Ides of Olly will probably still happen

No idea about Mereen. The preview made it seem like the pyramid of misfit toys is just sitting and waiting.

No idea about Winterfell.

thanks my dear Fragile Bird, i really dig these threads....

that said he are my thoughts...for what they are worth....

i was not surprised that stannis agreed and i am not surprised that d&d got it straight from grrm that he was going to do this as well. i understand at the moment in adwd that they are not together but i don't think that is going to matter, when the time comes to do the deed.

i think this will break davos loyalty finally. if he finds rickon he may go over to starks or be killed trying to kill mel

i don't know about her going to grasslands before next season. since she don't have bloody flux she has been exposed to greyscale through jorahs touch so i don't know if the grassland s is the place for her right now. i do think tyrion will pull a quentyn martell and release dragons though i do not believe he will be burned...i also now feel real bad for hizdar and all the hate toward him as most believed he was head harpy...

they were on north side of wall at hardhome so why wouldn't they come to north side...i was happy to se thorne was not going to disobey. i don't think he will be part of the ides moment...

i think we will see sam leave i don't know about davos

i don't think arya is in for a rape i think trant is doomed, and jaqen might step in or not but i believe her big cliffhanger for unsullied will be blindness...

trystane going in place of snakes is interesting though we don't know if they will accompany jamie and company...tommen is doomed though and that is when cersei will discover her own daughter is the young queen who is now loyal to martells is her threat...i wouldn't be surprised if she turns on myrcella forcing jamie to choose which i think will not go cersei's way...thus putting jamie back on his book path

thanks again for getting thread going :kiss:

I honestly think Mel is trying to wipe out the Baratheon line. His brothers are dead, his daughter and only heir is dead and being that it was all at his own hand he HAS to be broken inside. Not to mention the whole shadow baby/soul draining thing. All I can say is I hope Davos jumps ship now.

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm rooting for Bolton now in the upcoming battle. Stannis deserves to lose after that. I'm disappointed in Davos too. He had to know what was coming but didn't do anything. I was hoping he'd defy orders and take Shireen with him. I can't even believe his men took those orders. If I was one of his bannermen, a resounding "f you" would follow if you asked my men to do that. Even Selysse couldn't stand to do it despite all her zeal, and it gave you a fleeting moment of hope that literally went up in flames all too quickly.

On the opposite side of the spectrum the Mereen scenes were awesome. Jorah seems to have earned Dany's trust, at least partially, again. He saved her life and it was a tender moment when she took his hand, even if that's all he's likely to get from her. Daario trusting Jorah just like that was nice too. And Drogon coming to the rescue was just awesome. We've been waiting five years for this after all and seeing him in action was great. One small nitpick though... with all those spikes on his back, though they make convenient handles, wouldn't have Dany impaled herself?

Anyways, what sort of screwed up alternate universe are we in that I'm disgusted with the Stannis scene and the Dany scene left me pumped? As for where we go from here, it seems the finale's going to end with Cersei's walk of shame and "For the Watch." As things stand we're pretty much caught up with all the book material, even ahead in some places.

Well I tend to think the following about episode 10:

FTW : cliffhanger is does Jon really die or is he resurrected or does he warg

Cersei walk of shame: used a body double but will have some shock value even if they film from tricky angles.

Stannis continues toward WF - after this week anything with stannis will guild a reaction

Sansa tries to escape : jump from the wall?? Escape and lost in winter.....does she survive? Or does she maybe try to kill roose or Ramsay then escape.

Arya kills Trant : will she go blind in the episode

Dany lands either in weeteros or dothraki sea: she just rode a dragon. How cool is that!!!

I think that would give us plenty for the last episode and plenty to think about if they leave them all with cliffhangers.

Well, Stannis and Ramsay must be getting blood-spattered next episode.

In the preview for the finale, it looks like Stannis runs into Brienne and Pod though.

Ramsay&Co probably fled back to Winterfell.Maybe Brienne gets into it with Stannis, and Ramsay gets into it with someone back at Winterfell?

A lot of fair weather fans here.

I was on Team Stannis before. It would be wrong of me to leave the team now.

I wanted to like Stannis. I really did, and after episode 4, I genuinely started to. But after tonight, I hope he dies as soon as possible. I have no respect or sympathy for a man who not only murders his child, but shows no sorrow or remorse while she is being killed.

I wanted to like Stannis. I really did, and after episode 4, I genuinely started to. But after tonight, I hope he dies as soon as possible. I have no respect or sympathy for a man who not only murders his child, but shows no sorrow or remorse while she is being killed.

He didn't look happy. He just knows what needs to be done to win the war.

What if you could see into the future and realized you could stop the destruction of the entire human race? The only catch is that you had to kill somebody close to you. Would you really feel that bad knowing you could save so many other people?

He didn't look happy. He just knows what needs to be done to win the war.

What if you could see into the future and realized you could stop the destruction of the entire human race? The only catch is that you had to kill somebody close to you. Would you really feel that bad knowing you could save so many other people?

If you had to kill anyone in your immediate family to save the world, would you do it?

Archived