(Book Spoilers) Positive Nitpicking thread...

sj4iy

And it was fire, of all things, that she didn't predict. I mean, what good is a fire god if he can't even give you a hint that your camp is about to burn down?

Awesome scene, definitely.

I thought she was looking into the fire, and then looked shocked, went outside, and then the tents went up. Kinda giving the impression that she saw their tents and supplies go up in flames in her prophecy fire, and then went outside to watch it actually happen? That would explain why she didn't look very shocked when it was all occurring, she was only shocked when she first saw it in the flames. Maybe that was just me interpreting it that way, but it looked like she saw what was gonna happen in her flames two seconds before it took place in real life.

Stannis: "Find out their stories and then hang them", followed by a very bewitched look on his face as he sees the Red Witch and his wife in the snow. (oh boy, he is NOT inspiring devotion)

Davos watching that "look" and seeing there is trouble ahead. The actor did a great job of foreshadowing why he would insist on taking Shireen away. He knew right there what was gonna happen.

The silent back and forth glances between Jon and Alastair before the gates are opened. Again, great acting showing that these two men regardless of their opposing views see that there is a bigger picture.

The look Wun Wun gives Jon as he walks into the courtyard. "you better be right about this little guy". Worth a rewatch if you missed it.

Shireen telling us all the "Dance of Dragons".

Davos telling Shireen "This is my way of thanking you for teaching me to be a grownup."

Bronn : "the pie looks good." *smack* Doran: "perhaps the soup instead"

Arya's complete ignore of shady clambreath death target. Maise is brilliant.

Testerosi " Unfortunate for the Gloves" . Really, Gatiss is fabulous. So few lines and we totally know what his character is all about.

Mace: Everything about him. Such contrast to all the others.

Guy in Whorehouse to Arya: "Sell your fish somewhere else." Double entendre made me face desk.

"The thin man wasnt hungry today." "Perhaps thats why the man is thin."

Trant's multiple looks at Arya. He recognizes her. You can see it in his eyes in the whorehouse.

The fake kiss on the hand and crocodile tears of Ellaria Sand. She's gonna betray and die for it.

Shireen bringing that stag onto the table with the fire behind it. Creepy good.

Delanes acting in the scene with Shireen. After she asks "Is there anything I can do to help" he made the absolute perfect pause before saying "yes."

The extras in the burning scene. Cold, tired, disgusted.

The CGI of the crowed in Daznaks. Really looked like a million people.

Tyrion " Its easy to confuse what is with what ought to be,, especially if "what is" works in your favour". Apply this line to the burning of Shireen. Chilling?

Tyiron again. " In my experience, eloquent men are right. Every bit as much as imbiceles." Oh half man wisdom!

Dany's Dragon necklace/dress.

Missande. Actress is doing a wonderful job of being a beautiful devoted rational women. Might be the only one on the show :)

Dany's look of realization that she cares about Jorah when the guy stabs the other guy and Jorah lives.

Daario : Best Indiana Jones style performance since Harrison Ford. Love him.

Sound effects/Foley for Drogon. The wings beating, dragon screetching, fire sounds ...perfect. Music cues when he eats a guy with that great descending sound is chilling. Same music cue they used when Dany said "Dracarus" a few seasons ago, its very effective.

The four heros looking at Dany fly. Wow. What a way to end this epi.

The arena scene was fantastic. I could nit pick the tiny things but overall it was well done. I thought the actual fight with Jorah and the reaction of Dany was great. The sudden emergence of the Harpies was incredibly tense and creepy. The anxiety wasn't so much that Dany was going to die or that Drogon wouldn't save the day, but the possibility that Jorah, Missandei or (hell) Daario was about to die. You could feel the shock and resignation of Daenerys to her impending death. Of course Drogon roasting the Harpies and Dany riding away with Tyrion's reaction was great!

On this forum I've seen criticisms of it but I don't know why. It was the second best scene of the season IMO.

I loved Daario telling Hiz "shut your mouth" when Jorah appears. I've been chuckling about it ever since.

Loved the music at the end.

I loved poor little Shireen...her unknowing walk to the pyre, clutching her stag. You see how little she is in this sea of horrible adults who know what's coming. RIP little angel.

IDK, if you've read the casting calls for next season, but it does sound like we are getting old town next year.

Where is Elia, the difficult daughter Oberyn wrote a poem for?

Sarella will be older than Tyene I guess.

Where is Elia, the difficult daughter Oberyn wrote a poem for?

Sarella will be older than Tyene I guess.

Guys...please don't talk about possible show spoilers in this thread.

I liked that Dario looked so concerned about Jorah’s plight. It seemed to me that Dario thought he could be next. The faces Jorah was making at Dany during that scene were great too.

And I liked that Drogon didn’t really know what to do about the situation. It seemed like there was a big part of his brain that just wanted to bite people, and a more rational part had trouble getting across the recommendation that he strafe fire. For dragonriders to make much sense, they have to be able to contribute something to the dragons. So it was good to see Drogon was struggling without a rider.

I also thought Thorne was just right in the episode – still honorable, still kinda a dick - and was happy to see Tormund tussling the kid’s hair.

I thought it was funny that Myrcella was doing the whiny teenager slouch at Jaime. I think it will be a lot of fun to put her into rooms with Cersei and Margaery next season. And Trystane could be interesting with Tommen – surely there would be some competitive sparks there.

It was good that Hizdahr wasn’t the Harpy. It reframes every thing we’ve seen of him, to know that he was always just a guy trying to make peace in Mereen. And he was so happy and cocky at the fight – poor fellow.

I thought Shireen’s series of reactions was perfect. How she seemed to go into denial for a few minutes, and appealed to Stannis and then realized that her only hope was Selyse. Augh, so sad. I was rooting for Shireen.

It was good that Hizdahr wasn’t the Harpy. It reframes every thing we’ve seen of him, to know that he was always just a guy trying to make peace in Mereen. And he was so happy and cocky at the fight – poor fellow.

In an odd way Hizdahr has become one of the most sympathetic characters of the TV series to me. Pampered rich kid, not a warrior, with a moderately decent sense of morality, no great courage or great skills but trying to remain true to what he believes in, out of his depth in a world changing faster than he can understand. I think he's one of the few characters in the TV show who I look at and think, "Yeah, that's probably about what I'd do too."

He seems a dull normal decent person, like most viewers.

With the caveat that next week we may find out totally different things about him. In some shows, I wouldn't be surprised if the events at Daznak's were planned in part by Hizdahr, but then his rebel group turned against him - however, I'd be mildly surprised if the show retroactively added that level of detail.

I thought she was looking into the fire, and then looked shocked, went outside, and then the tents went up. Kinda giving the impression that she saw their tents and supplies go up in flames in her prophecy fire, and then went outside to watch it actually happen? That would explain why she didn't look very shocked when it was all occurring, she was only shocked when she first saw it in the flames. Maybe that was just me interpreting it that way, but it looked like she saw what was gonna happen in her flames two seconds before it took place in real life.

That's how I read her face, she saw it in the flames seconds before it happened and went outside and had an oh F@!K moment.

In an odd way Hizdahr has become one of the most sympathetic characters of the TV series to me. Pampered rich kid, not a warrior, with a moderately decent sense of morality, no great courage or great skills but trying to remain true to what he believes in, out of his depth in a world changing faster than he can understand. I think he's one of the few characters in the TV show who I look at and think, "Yeah, that's probably about what I'd do too."

He seems a dull normal decent person, like most viewers.

With the caveat that next week we may find out totally different things about him. In some shows, I wouldn't be surprised if the events at Daznak's were planned in part by Hizdahr, but then his rebel group turned against him - however, I'd be mildly surprised if the show retroactively added that level of detail.

Yeah! You're right that he was one of the most normal and sane people in the show. He had a few issues and he lobbied for them and tried to keep his head and seems like he was a decent person.

It makes the show richer to have a sympathetic Mereenese character.

I think Tyrion will mourn his loss. Dany's entourage didn't like Hizdahr much, but Tyrion probably saw the value in him.

Archived