[Book Spoilers] E10 Preview - possible developments

The Syrio recap scene makes perfect sense with what we know will happen and in no way implies that Jaqen = Syrio. It's not that big of a mystery why a former First Sword of Braavos would be in King's Landing. KL is the capital of the seven kingdoms, and the Hand of the freaking king could easily hire someone prestigious to join him there. Not everything is a conspiracy.

Or is it? :)

Sometimes half the fun is wondering. And that's all we're doing to distract us from the fact that the show doesn't come on for hours and the next book...?

My thoughts:

The scenes are all self-explanatory except Benjen (i.e. Syrio is seen just as a reminder for the Arya/Meryn Trant bit). We're all just guessing about Benjen -- he could be there for any reason since it hasn't happened in the books (yet?).

My guess (and I have absolutely nothing to back this up, it's just purely-for-fun speculation) is that we'll see a brief shot of Benjen somewhere far, far North of The Wall.

No lines at all, just a shot. Just so we (the viewers) know he's there and can speculate til Season 6.

My reasoning? George has said publicly that we'll see deeper into the far north in upcoming books and since D&D excluded Bran & Co. this year -- this would be a way to kinda lead into that. And of course, the whole R+L=J would make sense coming from Benjen (next year) if they're skipping Howland Reed.

Plus, I feel like with all the characters D&D cut completely, Benjen and his going-missing-storyline could've/would've been an easy, obvious cut from jump (unless they knew they'd need him later for something).

I can also see that possibility.

I can also see that possibility.

Yep - I can't see them having the time to do anything major with him this year... but... with him being imdb-listed as appearing in this episode for so long (and yes, I do know fans can edit imdb), it just seems kinda super-coincidental that he (after being gone 4 years) was both:

A. Listed as appearing in this episode and

B. Seen in the 'previously on' video

That being said, I do acknowledge that I just really *want* it to happen, so my thinking is super-biased atm.

[Edit: fix format]

I still think the best possibility book-wise is Bran as a POV for the North. He can see it, after all.

Benjen would have to be a new POV, and we're not getting that, unless a pro- or epilogue character that might die.

I agree wholeheartedly. I base my guess only on the "logic" of D&D and what seems to be (?) a lack of Howland Reed (casting-wise) and Bran&Co (for this season).

Oh yeah, and the fact that I want to believe Benjen will be seen tonight someway, somehow. ;-)

I am really trying to think of show-wise who we can do without to move the story forward in the next season. Two of the characters I just dont see bringing anything more to the story on the show are Loras and Margery. If they refuse to confess, they could be killed, prompting Cersi to take her walk. Tommen could hear about this while mom is walking and take his own life. I just dont see Marg and Mercella having anything to do with each other, the KL path has to move foreward.

Benjen 1. might turn up whole having astonishingly evaded all the White Walkers and wights for years just to reveal R+L=J - ludicrous, but it is a(n increasingly illogical) TV show.

2. might arrive on the doorstep half dead, frostbitten and in no fit state to be chatty right now - a set-up for next season.

3. as a wight - just seen to tie up his arc and end speculation. Gets burnt. Over.

4. as a White Walker - up in the Lands of Always Winter - as a set-up for next season

5. as a prisoner of the White Walkers - also in the Lands of Always Winter - as a set-up for next season

6. in Winterfell getting his revenge on - so he has abandoned all his NW brothers to avenge his real nephew. No, just no!

7. in Winterfell, escaped from the White Walkers through the tunnels and comes up through the crypts. Expecting to find the Starks alive & well. Saves Sansa? Reveals R+L=J?

8. Just gets talked about for some reason. A set-up for next season.

Any others? You could vote for your choice.

Benjen 1. might turn up whole having astonishingly evaded all the White Walkers and wights for years just to reveal R+L=J - ludicrous, but it is a(n increasingly illogical) TV show.

2. might arrive on the doorstep half dead, frostbitten and in no fit state to be chatty right now - a set-up for next season.

3. as a wight - just seen to tie up his arc and end speculation. Gets burnt. Over.

4. as a White Walker - up in the Lands of Always Winter - as a set-up for next season

5. as a prisoner of the White Walkers - also in the Lands of Always Winter - as a set-up for next season

6. in Winterfell getting his revenge on - so he has abandoned all his NW brothers to avenge his real nephew. No, just no!

7. in Winterfell, escaped from the White Walkers through the tunnels and comes up through the crypts. Expecting to find the Starks alive & well. Saves Sansa? Reveals R+L=J?

9. Finds the isle of misfit toys, and is the sole witness to the great battle of Heat Miser vs Snow Miser

Honestly, do posters on Reddit actually read the books or pay attention to anything other than blood and tits on the show? Why the in the Seven Hells would Benjen Stark be in Dorne. This makes no sense.

The only people we have met or heard of in Dorne are the Martells. No mention of the Daynes at all. No Arthur, no magical sword. No little Ned. No Ashara. The person, remotely mentioned who could possibly be from the Dorne region is Wyalla and that was clear back in season one.

But let's say even for the briefest of moments, Benjen is going to Dorne and meeting with Doran. Here is how this conversation would play out.

Benjen: Hey Doran! I'm Benjen Stark. Nice country you got here. I hardly get to see the sun, where I'm from. I like it here.

Doran: Thanks Benjen. Cool to meet you, bro. Sorry about all the trouble your family has been through. Shit bro, I thought it was though being a Martell. Anyhow, relax now. You are my guest. Enjoy yourself here in Dorne. Can I interest you in a nice Dornish girl? Tyene, show him your tits.

(Tyene pulls out her bewbs, while playing slap fists with Aero)

Benjen: Ummm. Errr. UGhhh. (Thinks to himself, that the Dornish really are nuts)

Doran: Are you okay, good sir?

Benjen: Yeah, I'm good. Please tell your niece to put those things away. Im here on business.

Doran: Oh....do tell.

Benjen: So listen, you know how your family was married in to the Targaryens? Well, funny thing is. Mine was too.

Doran: ..........

Benjen: Yeah, my sister; depending on who you talk to, at the very least had a son with Prince Rhaegar. You know, the dude married to Elia and father of her kids. Some even say, my sister and he got married, making their son true born. His name is Jon and my brother Ned, passed him off his bastard and he is now a NW member.

Doran: .............

Benjen: So I have this wicked idea. What if you and I hatch, this plan, where we put Jon on the throne and restore the Targaryens to power. Even though my nephew is a direct insult to your family and the instances surrounding his existence, pretty much led to the murders of Elia and her two infant kids.....he is a good lad and can use our support.

Doran: .....da fuck you saying?

Benjen: I'm asking you to forgive this new slight against your family and help me put my nephew, a person not of your blood on the throne. Think about it bro. It's the Lannisters you are suppose to hate.

Doran: Let me get this right. Your sister ran off with Rhaegar, they had a boy. A war started because of it. Three of my family members died as a result and you want me to help, the offspring that caused all this?

Benjen: Yup

Doran: Aero, cut this dumb fuck's head off. Tyene, go fetch your sisters and tell them to pack their warmest clothes. All of you are riding north, to kill the spawn of a Wolf and Dragon.

Tyene: Awesomeness. I always wanted to dance in the snow, with my tits hanging out.

In other words. Benjen revealing Jon to the Martells, is just as dangerous as revealing him to Robert Baratheon. In makes no damn sense.

I kinda like #4 cuz I want to learn more about the White Walkers, but I don't think there's a chance in hell it'll actually happen.

I am really trying to think of show-wise who we can do without to move the story forward in the next season. Two of the characters I just dont see bringing anything more to the story on the show are Loras and Margery. If they refuse to confess, they could be killed, prompting Cersi to take her walk. Tommen could hear about this while mom is walking and take his own life. I just dont see Marg and Mercella having anything to do with each other, the KL path has to move foreward.

I agree that Loras and Margaery do not have much to offer the story at this point.

A clean-sweep of King's Landing, save Cersei unsuccessfully trying to sort out the mess with Varys while the re-animated Gregor stalks around look suave in his white plate. Then Jaime and Myrcella and Trystane come back in the picture.

Then the show will have to invent some way of getting Jaime and Brienne on screen together again.

It seems clear that all the characters have a past character that they've lost touch with somehow. Said character then eventually turns back up when needed.

Hmmmm, I'll opt for 5 please. :)

No idea why, just the one my brain doesn't rebel against.

Honestly, do posters on Reddit actually read the books or pay attention to anything other than blood and tits on the show? Why the in the Seven Hells would Benjen Stark be in Dorne. This makes no sense.

The only people we have met or heard of in Dorne are the Martells. No mention of the Daynes at all. No Arthur, no magical sword. No little Ned. No Ashara. The person, remotely mentioned who could possibly be from the Dorne region is Wyalla and that was clear back in season one.

But let's say even for the briefest of moments, Benjen is going to Dorne and meeting with Doran. Here is how this conversation would play out.

Benjen: Hey Doran! I'm Benjen Stark. Nice country you got here. I hardly get to see the sun, where I'm from. I like it here.

Doran: Thanks Benjen. Cool to meet you, bro. Sorry about all the trouble your family has been through. Shit bro, I thought it was though being a Martell. Anyhow, relax now. You are my guest. Enjoy yourself here in Dorne. Can I interest you in a nice Dornish girl? Tyene, show him your tits.

(Tyene pulls out her bewbs, while playing slap fists with Aero)

Benjen: Ummm. Errr. UGhhh. (Thinks to himself, that the Dornish really are nuts)

Doran: Are you okay, good sir?

Benjen: Yeah, I'm good. Please tell your niece to put those things away. Im here on business.

Doran: Oh....do tell.

Benjen: So listen, you know how your family was married in to the Targaryens? Well, funny thing is. Mine was too.

Doran: ..........

Benjen: Yeah, my sister; depending on who you talk to, at the very least had a son with Prince Rhaegar. You know, the dude married to Elia and father of her kids. Some even say, my sister and he got married, making their son true born. His name is Jon and my brother Ned, passed him off his bastard and he is now a NW member.

Doran: .............

Benjen: So I have this wicked idea. What if you and I hatch, this plan, where we put Jon on the throne and restore the Targaryens to power. Even though my nephew is a direct insult to your family and the instances surrounding his existence, pretty much led to the murders of Elia and her two infant kids.....he is a good lad and can use our support.

Doran: .....da fuck you saying?

Benjen: I'm asking you to forgive this new slight against your family and help me put my nephew, a person not of your blood on the throne. Think about it bro. It's the Lannisters you are suppose to hate.

Doran: Let me get this right. Your sister ran off with Rhaegar, they had a boy. A war started because of it. Three of my family members died as a result and you want me to help, the offspring that caused all this?

Benjen: Yup

Doran: Aero, cut this dumb fuck's head off. Tyene, go fetch your sisters and tell them to pack their warmest clothes. All of you are riding north, to kill the spawn of a Wolf and Dragon.

Tyene: Awesomeness. I always wanted to dance in the snow, with my tits hanging out.

In other words. Benjen revealing Jon to the Martells, is just as dangerous as revealing him to Robert Baratheon. In makes no damn sense.

Well, does Sansa being married to and raped by Ramsay make sense? Does Stannis (the epitome of duty, who declared that one of the reasons he wanted the IT was because of his duty to his daughter) burning his daughter because his food supplies were burned by Rambo Ramsay make any sense? Does any of LF's scheming this season make any sense? If none of these storylines made sense, then I wouldn't put it past D&D to have Benjen appear in Dorne. D&D in their infinite wisdom might have just decided to give the Daynes' storyline to the Martells and Faegon's storyline to Jon.

Archived