[Book Spoilers] E10 Preview - possible developments

Spec time... I'm ranking this in order from the storyarc I'm least interested in this finale to the most :

Braavos : Arya will kill Trant but not the thin man. No One will be pissed. Arya will go blind.

Dothraki Sea : Dany and Drogon will meet a Khalassar (potentially the last scene of the episode and Dany's only one in the finale).

Meereen : (Since episode 10 traditionally begin where 9 ended, I'd say Meereen will open the episode). Tyrion / Jorah / Daario / wounded Grey Worm will discuss the situation at Meereen and what to do before the Queen returns.

King's Landing : (I'm damn interested in KL but I think we know more or less all that will go down there) : Cersei's walk, aftermath. Possible wild cards : Littlefinger's plan with the Tyrells, Tommen's death, Varys return.

Water Gardens : Dorne would rank quite lower here if it wasnt for miss Henwick's comment about their arc there. I really wish we get some more character build-up of Nym, she's been the most neglected Sand Snakes so far and imo, she's the most intriguing one. I think we'll get a Doran's long-term plan reveal, I wonder what the show version of it will be.

Pyke : Either Yara returns home to her father's funerals, either we see Balon dying (picturing the Kindly Man from 502 to show up, would be nice !!!), either we begin directly at the funeral. In any case, I think there will be a Greyjoy cameo this episode and some Euron build-up.

Castle Black : Jon will send Sam and Gilly to Oldtown. Davos will arrive at Castle Black. Jon will be stabbed. Something huge happens. Wild cards : Davos learning of Shireen's fate and his reaction, Melisandre (will she show up there ?), what happens of Dolorous Edd...

Winterfell : I really dont know what to expect from that one and that's fucking exciting ! I just hope for Theon's godswood moment !!!!

And if Sansa escapes to Castle Black, she doesn't need to be saved anymore. Besides, Jon didn't try to save her from the Lannisters. Why would he save her from the Boltons?

I don't know if there will be a Pink Letter, but neither of these reasons really make sense. Sansa is unlikely to actually make it to Castle Black in the finale, she'd be MIA like fArya; and Jon didn't try to save Arya from the Lannisters either, so why would that be any different from the books in that regard?

Spec time... I'm ranking this in order from the storyarc I'm least interested in this finale to the most :

Braavos : Arya will kill Trant but not the thin man. No One will be pissed. Arya will go blind.

I think Arya will try to fool her boss by killing both - the thin man by poisoning and Trant by good ol' stabbing - but he'll se through the deception.

I'm really curious to know who is standing at the top of that mountain in the beginning of the preview.

At first, I thought Daenerys. But it doesn't look like the Dothraki Sea at all and it would be ridiculous to let her fly all the way to Westeros.

Lady Stoneheart, Frey hunting?

Or Yara, looking for her brother?

Other possibilities?

I'm really curious to know who is standing at the top of that mountain in the beginning of the preview.

At first, I thought Daenerys. But it doesn't look like the Dothraki Sea at all and it would be ridiculous to let her fly all the way to Westeros.

Other possibilities?

breinne

A definitive conclusion to the Battle of Ice with a clear winner & a clear loser.

Shireen was burnt alive & Sansa was raped just to set this battle up. If they dont end this arc clearly, it will be really frustrating for me.

That's exactly what I fear will NOT happen. Maybe "the siege begins" (as shown in the preview) but we don't see the end of it.

Other possibilities?

I found the place and I know who is standing at the top of that cliff--- but it's super spoiler. Can I post stuff like that here?

OK then. It's not Moat Cailin in the promo for ep 10. Don't click the links unless you want to see spoilers.

Here is the preview again--the location is shown in the first second.

Here is a list of filming locations --the photo for our location isn't the best, but it is named.

This news story has a better photo of that spot.

This article shows who is standing at the top and this one is a follow-up

Sansa couldn't possibly make it to Moat Cailin, even if the opening scene of E10 is her escaping.

Could we possibly see the army from The Vale approaching the North? As per Littlefinger's plan they're not going to join the fight until both sides have weakened each other, but it would be good to remind the audience of this since the last we saw of him was episode 7.

I think people here and in other topics are being unrealistic about what can be effectively portrayed in the show in just one hour. That means: no Pink Letter, no Sansa going anywhere but away from WF, no major event except maybe FTW and definitely battle of WF.

Let's be realistic: Myrcella is safe, as also are Tyrion, Daario and maybe Jorah. It will be Dany surrounded by Dothraki, and that's about it. I can think of a structure like this:

0 to 3 min - aftermath of Shireen's sacrifice

4 to 6 - aftermath of Davos an Jon on the Wall

7 to 10 - aftermath of Daznak's Pit

11 to 13 - WoS established

13 to 20 - Dorne. not entirely sure what it will be

21 to 25 - Battle of WF

26 to 30 - Sansa's escaping

31 to 33 - WoS

34 to 38 - Arya kills Trant

39 to 45 - FTW

Notice I left some 15 minutes to enlarge some scenes if necessary. The order can change, of course. But this is what I think we will see next Sunday.

You win! Couldn't agree more :bowdown:

Archived