Jaime's (way too) happy ending (Show & book spoilers)

Pigeon Pie

Does anyone else think this storyline has been a bit of a joke?

I hope he gets back in time for the WoS and that's his suffering, because that will bring his world crashing down after his jolly in the desert.

This is how we are so used to violence in this show, if people are not in danger of dying or dead yet or raped or tortured then it isn't game of thrones. Dorne just seem likes the best place to live in Plantos, infact it is so out of place I have to remind myself I am watching Game of Thrones. Why do you think Myrcella is so smug I wouldn't want to leave this place. Jamie has to suffer something here even Bronn didn't die come on GOT give us something to be miserable about.

I hope he gets back in time for the WoS and that's his suffering, because that will bring his world crashing down after his jolly in the desert.

i don't think he gets back till next season and tommen is dead

This is how we are so used to violence in this show, if people are not in danger of dying or dead yet or raped or tortured then it isn't game of thrones. Dorne just seem likes the best place to live in Plantos, infact it is so out of place I have to remind myself I am watching Game of Thrones. Why do you think Myrcella is so smug I wouldn't want to leave this place. Jamie has to suffer something here even Bronn didn't die come on GOT give us something to be miserable about.

Ever since the first season, when did ANY storyline in GOT had a normal resolution?

At least 90% of this board, me included.

I'd be angry if he's killed by the SS. That's anti-climatic. And D+D typcially are about heightening the drama. Like Brienne and Hound fight. Jon and Wildlings at the Wall. It wouldn't make sense to waste such a character like Jaime just to prop up a villain in SS.

I really really like this idea of Doran sending the necklace and it could maybe redeem the Dornish story line for me a little - except why would he do that? What would it accomplish for his master plan? If he even has one. I want to hope he does, that this wasn't all some buddy comedy road trip. I'm in on Tommen kicking it to the 7 heavens which are hopefully all ruled by godly versions of Ser Pounce and Lady Whiskers. So I could see Doran perhaps offing Tommen in favor of some kind of Queenmaker plot.

I don't know, because we don't know if Dorne intends to support Dany on the show or not.

My guess would be: Trystane and Myrcella get shotgun-wed, Tommen gets offed. This leaves Mycella as Queen and Trystane as King-Consort and Stannis as the only alternative - and lol if anyone in KL will support Stannis.

Sometime down the line, Myrcella gets offed. By that time, Trystane has overrun the Small Council with his people. Dorne takes over the Kingdoms without a single war casualty.

At least that'd be the plan.

e: If Tommen gets offed while Jaime is in Dorne, and has just witnessed that Doran is a peaceful guy, that lowers the suspicions on Dorne, maybe? I dunno. Once again, it's hard to predict without knowing where the story goes.

As someone said in WotW:

No Darkstar...Trystane going to the Small Council...Tyene not being the daughter of a septa.

The Sand Snakes are obsolete now, their roles in WoW given to others or scrapped completely.

Maybe the "extreme" scene Jessica Henwick mentioned is Doran executing all 3 of them in front of Ellaria and yelling, "This is what happens when you mess with my stuff!"

I'm only half-kidding (half wishful thinking), but a part of me really thinks D&D realized how lame the SS were in the middle of shooting and said, "Eh, let's just kill them all and pretend they never existed"

Would it be too much to think that there is one Prince out there who doesn't want war. I know Dorne has this whole master plan in the books, but that plan made much sense to me even in the book given the past history of Dorne and Targ I never understood why Dorne wanted to get into bloody mess again. I mean won't it be more impactful for Doran to actually mean what he says to be sincere. After Ned Stark there has no been no real good lord to support everyone is either killing or conspiring war or playing games.

I think that something has to happen here, I mean, the entire Dorne plot line has been relatively pointless hasn't it? I mean, all we've really had is introductions to the Dornish, to Doran and the three Sand Snakes and Trystane (hope I spelt that right) and Marcella is coming home with Trystane and no casualties. What development has there been for ANY of these characters? Pretty much none. Oddly enough, I think the two characters to get the most development were Doran (I love him) and Marcella, although even then it's bare minimum. What has Jaime had this season? Nothing. I guess he's flexed his diplomatic muscles a little but he hasn't really gone through any change. I think what's therefore likely to happen is Jaime and Cersei have a falling out (maybe but I can't be certain here considering her position) or Jaime receives trouble along the road home. I just think it would be a great waste of Jaime this series if all he does this series is just go and get Marcella and then come back. He's one of my favourite characters so... yeah... this is a big deal to me.

Perhaps Doran intends for Trystane to marry Dany, and has actually instructed the Sand Snakes to execute Myrcella en route to Kings Landing... Jaime and Bronn will try to defend her... Bronn dies...?

It's too early to kill Myrcella. That should happen after the wedding and after she becomes queen. When Trystane and the other Martells have the throne, he can get married to dany.

It's the weakest storyline at the minute. I feel like the whole thing has been a light hearted jaunt - like the plot of a pg13 children's film but with hbo action/nudity. Ellaria's character for example isn't believable to me, one minute she's die hard set on revenge and the next she's crying mercy.

I really like Doran, the character both despises war and wants revenge, so I can believe him playing the long game so long as there is a well-written pay off - even if it isn't the same as the book..

I think that the pay off has to be episode 10 and it has to be Doran's doing, not another example of him not being able to control the sand snakes. We need him established as a real player. Even if it's just him revealing his plan. I'll be disappointed if the snakes kill Myrcella, but I don't think it is likely. I feel like Cersei's flashback meant that each of her children will be crowned before they die - so I think Tommen will die, and then Myrcella after she takes the throne.

Archived