[Book Spoilers]So what is going to be left out?

hallam

Either Friday's episode is going to be extra long or things are going to be left out. There is just too much material.

Consider the following 'must do' items:

1) Cersei's walk of shame

2) Sansa's escape [or else what has Brienne been for all season]

3) Little Finger's twist [or else why a Machiavellian plot]

4) Arya gives the gift to two people.

These are all short burn buildups that I don't think can carry over from one season to the next. But on top we have:

5) Aftermath of Shireen's murder: The march on Winterfell

6) Aftermath of Dansak's pit #1: Tyrion

7) Aftermath of Dansak's pit #2: Danny

8) Aftermath of Hardhome

and

For the Watch...

That is a heck of a lot of material to cover in one show. And some folk are suggesting Myrcella/Tristane get married on top.

Only way this can work is if a lot of the plot threads that were separate are tied together. So Sansa uses the attack on WF to escape.

They could leave out Aftermath of Dansak's pit #1: Tyrion and I'm not sure if Arya will bother killing the thin man. I think she might just kill Meryn Trant and then get kicked out of the FM.

The aftermath of Dany could be very short (just her in the middle of nowhere with Drogon).

I still think something will have to happen in Dorne, otherwise the whole storyline will seem completely pointless.

They should just manage to cram it all in.

They could leave out Aftermath of Dansak's pit #1: Tyrion and I'm not sure if Arya will bother killing the thin man. I think she might just kill Meryn Trant and then get kicked out of the FM.

The aftermath of Dany could be very short (just her in the middle of nowhere with Drogon).

I still think something will have to happen in Dorne, otherwise the whole storyline will seem completely pointless.

I think Arya will kill the thin man but we won't see the act itself, just the aftermath.

As for Danny, I don't think we will see anything there. Instead let Tyrion get captured and throw him to the dragons. That way, if we get FTW we have all three suspected Targs in a cliffhanger jeopardy.

Actually most of this things are happening based on episode preview and official description released by HBO. But some of these things could be pretty short like couple of minutes at most

Three characters would take the most time of episodes

1) Cersei's walk of shame - (confirmed thru both synopsis and preview) - first her confession scene and then the walk

2) Sansa's escape and Brienne - (confirmed thru preview) - longest time too (possibly as logical extension of Stannis march)

3) Arya gives the gift to two people - (confirmed thru preview) - longest time to do both

and then we have little scenes anywhere from 2-5 minutes each

1) Little Finger's twist [or else why a Machiavellian plot] - not sure if he makes ANY appearance (could be Varys shocker instead) - couple of minutes at best - to get the SHOCK

2) Aftermath of Shireen's murder: The march on Winterfell = Davos reaction (actor said there would be), march is a minute or two translated smoothly to Bolton distracted and Sansa

6) Aftermath of Dansak's pit #1: Tyrion - (confirmed as happening thru preview )- just short conversation <5 min

7) Aftermath of Dansak's pit #2: Danny - (confirmed thru synopsis) - couple of minutes of her finally landing and trying to drink some water and then raising her head and seeing .....

8) Aftermath of Hardhome - not happening/done in ep 9 by Jon's arrival in CB

9) For the Watch... - its really less than 5minutes scene. Some sort of commotion, etc - FTW - done - end!

Either Friday's episode is going to be extra long or things are going to be left out. There is just too much material.

Consider the following 'must do' items:

1) Cersei's walk of shame

2) Sansa's escape [or else what has Brienne been for all season]

3) Little Finger's twist [or else why a Machiavellian plot]

4) Arya gives the gift to two people.

These are all short burn buildups that I don't think can carry over from one season to the next. But on top we have:

5) Aftermath of Shireen's murder: The march on Winterfell

6) Aftermath of Dansak's pit #1: Tyrion

7) Aftermath of Dansak's pit #2: Danny

8) Aftermath of Hardhome

and

For the Watch...

That is a heck of a lot of material to cover in one show. And some folk are suggesting Myrcella/Tristane get married on top.

Only way this can work is if a lot of the plot threads that were separate are tied together. So Sansa uses the attack on WF to escape.

1 yes

2 not what we think i think

3 varys not LF

4 yes

5 somewhat

6 yes

7 nope

8 nope

9 yes.

i don't think we are getting dany again always leave them wanting more.

i will agree in i think we are getting varys doran action.

I think Arya will kill the thin man but we won't see the act itself, just the aftermath.

As for Danny, I don't think we will see anything there. Instead let Tyrion get captured and throw him to the dragons. That way, if we get FTW we have all three suspected Targs in a cliffhanger jeopardy.

I don't think tyrion gets captured. they have a talk about all going to dany and then i think we get jorah "i have made a terrible mistake" give grayscale to the city.

3) Little Finger's twist [or else why a Machiavellian plot].

On the contrary, I don't think we're going to see Littlefinger in this episode (or, at most, we'll see him leave the city). All he's been doing this season is making every faction think he's on their side whilst also undermining them and obtaining permission to invade the North, and the latter is what he'll do next season.

i don't think we are getting dany again always leave them wanting more.

She's listed in the synopsis.

"Stannis will march. Dany is going to get surrounded by strangers. Cersei (Lena Headey) is going to seek forgiveness, and Jon will get challenged.”

​is the description so far.

"Strangers" !

So not the Dothraki. I think its going to be stone men time in Valyria.

They seem to be purposely hiding Sansa's escape. I hope that is because it is super amazing and not because they have decide to cut it. (TBF they haven't had any hints of the walk of shame or FTW in the trailers or previews either so hopefully it's a good sign)

They seem to be purposely hiding Sansa's escape. I hope that is because it is super amazing and not because they have decide to cut it. (TBF they haven't had any hints of the walk of shame or FTW in the trailers or previews either so hopefully it's a good sign)

i don't think we will get it all i think that is a cliffhanger. will not be surprised if sansa kills a guy next episode.

Eh, it seems like the majority of the episodes this season have been all over the place with short snippets of multiple characters while prior seasons have just had entire episodes dedicated to a few characters. So the finale being all over the place would be par for the course this season.

Ramsay actor said his fate is unclear at the end of the episode so maybe Sansa stabs him during the escape plan and they just make a run for it.

I wonder, will they actually bother with a payoff for Sansa scenes this season at all. If all's happened would be Sansa escaping with Theon and not harming any of Boltons, not setting up any intrigues and rivalries, what was the point of having her in WF - just get raped and save Theon and NOT actually do what she sent out to do in the first place?

Ramsay actor said his fate is unclear at the end of the episode so maybe Sansa stabs him during the escape plan and they just make a run for it.

I am pretty sure we will only see the start of a siege of Winterfell, not the outcome.

Cersei confession and walk. (Long scene)

Arya gifts one or both. (medium scene)

Tyrion and co. talk. (Short scene)

Dany and drogon. (Short scene)

Stannis attacks/ Sansa escapes. (Long scene)

Varys surprise. (Short scene)

Jon Snow at the wall with Davos and then FTW (medium scene)

And thats all folks.

I am pretty sure we will only see the start of a siege of Winterfell, not the outcome.

TV audience want to see a battle not a siege, and as Bolton stated earlier in the show a siege could on forever. Just doesn't work in the context of a TV show. You'd have mutiple episodes of characters stuck in Winterfell or right outside it doing nothing basically, it could go on for a season or two, so there's no real reason to drag it out at all.

Also with Sansa escaping this episode and both Stannis and Boltons now being viewed by the majority of the TV audience as "bad guys" there would be little interest or emotional involvement from the audience so there's no reason to drag out what from a budget and CGI point of view would be an expensive storyline

TV audience want to see a battle not a siege, and as Bolton stated earlier in the show a siege could on forever. Just doesn't work in the context of a TV show. You'd have mutiple episodes of characters stuck in Winterfell or right outside it doing nothing basically, it could go on for a season or two, so there's no real reason to drag it out at all.

Also with Sansa escaping this episode and both Stannis and Boltons now being viewed by the majority of the TV audience as "bad guys" there would be little interest or emotional involvement from the audience so there's no reason to drag out what from a budget and CGI point of view would be an expensive storyline

I think you could start up in season 6 that it has been month since the siege starts and etc...

Archived