Xbox One Issues/considering getting PS4: Help needed

Slurms McKenzie

Getting an Xbox this weekend, fingers crossed I don't come across this issue.

The lineup of first party and third party games this year is too hard to ignore, I was leaning towards PS4 last year but Xbox has won me over these past few months, can't wait to get me some Halo 5! :drool:

I bought one yesterday, and I think maybe I should have waited for the 1TB model. I got the Master Chief collection and that alone seems to have taken up like 20% of the hard drive.

Ps4 didn't actually fix the rubber wear problem they just improved it.

my early controllers were lasting about 2 months before the rubber broke and now they are lasting in the 4-5 month range.

How much do you use them???? I've had mine almost a year and the original controllers which came in the box are absolutely fine still. Not even a hint of them being damaged/broken

But gaming PC still required though right?

Also TV competition isn't an issue for me, so streaming to other platforms isn't a big deal or selling point.

So is the general consensus that the PS4 is quicker when it comes to installs, downloads, updates etc?

Because in all honesty if thats true, that could be reason enough for me to get one. Yesterday evening when I got home and sat down wanting to play Witcher 3, I had to wait hours for an update to install for the game. All I wanted was to play Witcher 3 :bang:

Downloads are long on both, i won't lie to you. The difference is, overall, the PS4 is a better console.

With minor things like...when i start netflix on xbox, half the time the app doesnt work, i have to close it and re-open it. Never happened on PS4.

When in a party with friends, the xbox parties mess up often, kicking people out or not letting them join. Never happened on PS4.

Game menus, dashboard menus, all seem clunky and long with xbox. Never happens with PS4.

I love my xbox one, but PS4 is winning me over right now.

How much do you use them???? I've had mine almost a year and the original controllers which came in the box are absolutely fine still. Not even a hint of them being damaged/broken

I'm in the same boat as you, never had any issues yet with my controllers. However my housemate has gone through about four, I think he must grip the controller too hard.

i didnt forget how microsoft tried to trick us gamers back in 2013, i also wont forget that microsoft introduced subscription based online gaming. there is no reason to support them.

As if xbox live fixes itself? Upgrades itself? And still is profitable. If it was a hustle, then why did sony mimic xbox live with the psn+ for the ps4? I have not a problem with xbox live, and honestly i only support xbox because all of my friends have one so finding and playing online with them is a snap.

Xbox One is compatible with external drives for games whereas PS4 isn't, however you really want to be running your games off the internal HDD and only using the external for storage of games you're not playing at the moment, or media files. With the PS4 you can really easily upgrade the internal HDD instead. So Xbox One is easier in terms of adding more storage, but generally speaking, upgrading your internal HDD will give you better results.

Actually, apparently an external HD loads games faster than the internal one (due to USB 3.0 having faster throughput than SATA II - and more so if it's 7200 rpm).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/11/the-best-xbox-one-external-hard-drive

I'm in the same boat as you, never had any issues yet with my controllers. However my housemate has gone through about four, I think he must grip the controller too hard.

Maybe that's what it is??

I play about 20 hours a week, so over a year that's ~1000 hours absolute tops. Mine are fine. Surely no one is playing that much more than that over the space of 2 months??

Quick question, my xbox one knows my real name, think it got it from my Microsoft account, I'm a little uncomfortable with my name and date of birth up there, can I remove it without adversely affecting my gaming experience or service if the xbox were to break again and I need to get it fixed?

How does one maintain optimum privacy?

Quick question, my xbox one knows my real name, think it got it from my Microsoft account, I'm a little uncomfortable with my name and date of birth up there, can I remove it without adversely affecting my gaming experience or service if the xbox were to break again and I need to get it fixed?

How does one maintain optimum privacy?

It doesn't share your real name by default. Here's how to disable the feature if it is:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/real-name-sharing

I bought one yesterday, and I think maybe I should have waited for the 1TB model. I got the Master Chief collection and that alone seems to have taken up like 20% of the hard drive.

one word, external hard drive.

It doesn't share your real name by default. Here's how to disable the feature if it is:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/real-name-sharing

Yeah but I'm uncomfortable with my real name even being on my micosoft account, if I were to change it to a fake name and date of birth or something, will that pose a problem if I have to get the xbox fixed via xbox support or something?

Yeah but I'm uncomfortable with my real name even being on my micosoft account, if I were to change it to a fake name and date of birth or something, will that pose a problem if I have to get the xbox fixed via xbox support or something?

I have no idea, but I hope not. I entered "No." when mine asked for my last name. I don't think it should be an issue, but maybe register your system to your account before you change the name? Also couldn't you always just change the name back if the situation came up?

When I try to view achievement lists (principally Halo), I get the error code: 0x87c40011.

And yeah, I'd totally buy that it's a Halo MCC thing. That game...ugh. I have a couple people I know over there I can ask and see if there's something going on.

I just started having this issue too. I noticed a Halo achievement I should have gotten didn't pop up, so I went to check and am getting that same error code. Only seems to effect Halo for me.

Edit: Three days later I'm watching Netflix and suddenly start getting a bunch of Halo achievements unlocking. I guess they were the ones that didn't register when I was having that problem.

Archived