Theory: Melisandre burned Stannis' camp

Well being as a sceond or third person, I say no she did not:

She looked intently into the flames, she then has a surprised look on her face, she grabs her lantern and her eyes expand and her face shows a WTF expression as the tents lighted up.

Davos said looks as a party of 20, the whole problem here is D & D did not give second / third person viewers some guys crawling in snow with camouflage clothing into the camp, everything was orally stated.

Well, in spite of being a member in good standing of the I Hate Melisandre club, I certainly wouldn't put it past her, but in this case I really don't think she started the fire. I don't doubt her ruthlessness or her manipulativeness at all, I just don't think she's the culprit here. She obviously does have magic and some sort of inner 'alarm system', but it seemed to me she came outside the tent simply because she sensed something was amiss. I thought she genuinely looked confused, then frightened as she realized what was happening. (Plus, we already knew Ramsay was on his way with 20 men who surely would have thrown the torches from horseback, being far from the tents when the tents caught fire. Part of Ramsay's strategy would of course have been to have his men surrounding the camp, giving rise to fear in Stannis's camp that they were being attacked from all sides at once.) The poor horse (horrible! I had to do the 'la la la la' through that) was obviously, IMO, hit by a torch that was meant for a tent.

I also read a crackpot theory that Shireen was really glamoured and she's still alive, hidden away. Mel just saw the snow would break in a vision but wanted the credit to go to her "king's blood magic".

God, anything at this point would be better than what we're left with.

I would hope shireen was still alive however she is probably dead.

Well being as a sceond or third person, I say no she did not:

She looked intently into the flames, she then has a surprised look on her face, she grabs her lantern and her eyes expand and her face shows a WTF expression as the tents lighted up.

Davos said looks as a party of 20, the whole problem here is D & D did not give second / third person viewers some guys crawling in snow with camouflage clothing into the camp, everything was orally stated.

Camo? Seriously? You want a Middle Ages-based fantasy world to have 20th Century camo fabric on it's characters?

Seems the D&D haters are starting to jump the shark.

I like the OP theory, but why the disbelief around 20 men doing this? It's pretty similar to some aspects of Finland's Winter War against the Soviets. Small fast-moving guerrilla forces used to the snowy conditions/extreme cold, and using it their advantage carrying out hit and run tactics against a much bigger but lower morale force.

I like the OP theory, but why the disbelief around 20 men doing this? It's pretty similar to some aspects of Finland's Winter War against the Soviets. Small fast-moving guerrilla forces used to the snowy conditions/extreme cold, and using it their advantage carrying out hit and run tactics against a much bigger but lower morale force.

A couple things:

Stannis had no sentries?

Stannis put all his supplies in one place?

Stannis' supplies and horses for thousands of men could be set on fire by 20 men?

All those tents and horses burnt up like they were doused in kerosine, despite the cold and wet that would occur in a snowstorm?

They were stealthy while carrying torches?

None of them were caught?

Roose would let Ramsay, who he's just made Lord of Winterfell, go on a guerilla mission?

I could go on....

Honeypot.

The fact that it's the 4th one to pop up in relation to this episode, shows how stupid it was.

Yah. There's a fine line between ambiguous ;plot development and really lazy stupid writing that leaves the viewers saying to themselves 'what the fuckity fuck? But that makes no sense!'

The showrunners don't care, they want the show wrapped up in a bow and finished with as little effort as possible. Why did we see all those fires apparently starting all by themselves? For the same reason Ser Friendzone touched his beloved with no gloves. Coz they couldn't give two shits about consistency or realism. Still I like reading a good conspiracy theory and this ones not bad.

Archived