who is the worst father in ASOIAF?

gash is back

Even with all the love I have for his character Rhaegar was a terrible father.

He left his son, intentionally or not, and was only there for a couple of months of his very brief life.

He never even knew what gender Jon was.

The only child he had a connection with seems to be rhaenys. After all she was hiding under her father's bed hoping he'd be able to protect her. :crying: (edit - yes I got it!!!!, the crying face.)

Doran.

He didn't raise his eldest son yet ordered him to do the impossible, which he clearly wasn't ready for. His daughter he keeps her in the dark and away from court, tells her to follow her heart by introducing Walder Frey and keeping Viserys in his pocket.

He's a bad uncle as well.

Craster, with Tywin well behind in second place.

I mean, there's ordering rape and making your son rape to "make a point" (and it's pedophilia on top of that) but then there's being a lifelong, serial rapist.

Although Tywin actually ordered a ton of massacres and rapes so...

Doran.

He didn't raise his eldest son yet ordered him to do the impossible, which he clearly wasn't ready for. His daughter he keeps her in the dark and away from court, tells her to follow her heart by introducing Walder Frey and keeping Viserys in his pocket.

He's a bad uncle as well.

She was constantly at sunspear where the court was held. Or was that in the water gardens?

But I agree with you that he's a bad dad. Even now he seems to be using her fir his own purposes

She was constantly at sunspear where the court was held. Or was that in the water gardens?

But I agree with you that he's a bad dad. Even now he seems to be using her fir his own purposes

She was at court, but he kept her in the dark about all of his plans allowing her to think that he was going to write her off in favor of Quentyn. I don't really blame him that much though considering how her plan to crown Myrcella worked out. How he treated Quentyn however...I mean he had to know that it wouldn't be successful, so why would you risk it.

Yea, but she wasn't castellan, just a party planner.

Anyone choosing someone else besides Craster is a troll.

Crasters daughters have every reason to hate their dad the most, like Shae; but his sons, became gods

Archived