R+L = J will be the big reveal

WalkinDude

The "oh my god" moment this season will be Mel seeing Jon as AA and that he's the rightful heir to the throne by virtue of being Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. Mel will provide a narrative explaining that Stannis led her to Jon, and lose all interest in Stannis adding insult to injury that she just burned Shireen.

As Mel tells the story, we'll see the Wall and Jon's upcoming FTW moment. We'll flash to Dany meeting the Khalssar and them submitting to her. This is going to add much needed complexity to the Jon and Dany dynamic.

Mel will transition to the Wall again and talk about how she can see Jon with lightbringer leading a charge against the Others. This cements in the viewer's head that Jon will come back to fill this role and pay homage to Sam's earlier comment that "Jon always comes back. " we then see the Watch turn on Jon and the FTW happens before it fades to black.

This allows the fans to know Jon will be back, since they can't hide Kit shooting scenes. Season 6 opens with Bran learning from Blood Raven (he's been out this whole season) to greenseer. Bran sees a flashback ala ADwD of Ned and Lyana as children and as the episode progresses we see more flashbacks confirming the finale of Rhaegar and Lyana marrying in front of a Godswood.

I too doubt it will be as simple as that.

Yes, its now known that Kit Harrington is signed on for season 6, but we still don't know for definitive when ftw will happen.

It could happen in the early episodes of season 6 - we won't know for certain ftw will happen next episode til Sunday night.

The reveal of Jon's parentage - if, indeed, there is more to it than him being Ned's bastard- could be a massive thing so I doubt it'll be handled in such an off hand manner.

I sense that Maester Ameon had inside information/knowledge that Jon Snow was the R+L love child. During LC Snow and Maester Ameon's last conversation in "Kill the Boy"....where Ameon talks about Dany being alone.....Maybe a very suttle undertone from the totality of the conversation. Maybe wishful thinking but I do see this rising to the surface soon.

It's a bit too early. I think it will happen at the end of season 6, and there will be other hints about Rhaegar, Lyanna. This season is just a beginning with hints in ep.4 and 5. I hope that Sean Bean will return to finish this mystery once and for all. He was always pretty eager to come back to GoT...even for some small scene. Sean Bean and Harry Lloyd I would like to see those two making an appearance.One for Jon and other for Dany.

In the show, Jon is the only remaining character whose actions aren't morally questionable. Tyrion is a close 2nd, but he outright murdered his father. Jon's only questionable actions are killing the Halfhand (who ordered him to do so) and taking off Slynt's head (something he was justified to do as Lord Commander.) Dany on the other hand has dragons that kill children and decided to roast an innocent man alive to make a point.

Using Mel to revive Jon, adds to the complexity of the story. Jon can't consent to being resurrected and will probably despise Mel for burning Shireen. Having her be a key part of his life for the interim adds an interesting dynamic to the story.

I don't believe Jon is actually going to die at all, though he might be in a coma or knocked unconscious for a while. Little Finger started the reveal of Harrenhal and the roses, which was an unexpected source, so I suppose Mel could see something in her flames. I'd love it if Bran's voice contacted Jon while he was unconscious and gave him some kind of vision. Remember all those dreams he was having about needing to go down into the Winterfell crypt? Sansa has been down there a few times. If her escape is underground instead of over the wall than I could see her finding something. Even if they don't outright say it, it would be nice for them to finally start to do a little connecting between R and L and J before the last two seasons.

I don't believe Jon is actually going to die at all, though he might be in a coma or knocked unconscious for a while. Little Finger started the reveal of Harrenhal and the roses, which was an unexpected source, so I suppose Mel could see something in her flames. I'd love it if Bran's voice contacted Jon while he was unconscious and gave him some kind of vision. Remember all those dreams he was having about needing to go down into the Winterfell crypt? Sansa has been down there a few times. If her escape is underground instead of over the wall than I could see her finding something. Even if they don't outright say it, it would be nice for them to finally start to do a little connecting between R and L and J before the last two seasons.

Jon just being wounded may be where the books are going, but I think for the show D&D will want a bigger shock for audiences. They will probably make it clear beyond all reasonable doubt that he's dead and then have Mel revive him. Why else would they go to the trouble of having Mel meet Thoros and Beric? That whole encounter would seem so random and pointless if Mel doesn't ultimately resurrect someone important like Jon.

In the show, Jon is the only remaining character whose actions aren't morally questionable. Tyrion is a close 2nd, but he outright murdered his father. Jon's only questionable actions are killing the Halfhand (who ordered him to do so) and taking off Slynt's head (something he was justified to do as Lord Commander.) Dany on the other hand has dragons that kill children and decided to roast an innocent man alive to make a point.

Using Mel to revive Jon, adds to the complexity of the story. Jon can't consent to being resurrected and will probably despise Mel for burning Shireen. Having her be a key part of his life for the interim adds an interesting dynamic to the story.

Only Jon?

What about Sansa. So she lied about her aunt being killed, but what else?

Arya. Yes she killed a few, and left the hound to die, but that wasn't really unjustified.

Bran/Rickton?

Davos

IMO there are lots of characters who's actions were not morally questionable. Heck even Tommen has done nothing wrong.

I don't believe Jon is actually going to die at all, though he might be in a coma or knocked unconscious for a while.........Sansa has been down there a few times. If her escape is underground instead of over the wall than I could see her finding something.

We have to rely on the heavy-handedness of D&D and remember how they use foreshadowing, like the 7000 shots of Olly (GOSH, does anybody think Olly will be in on FTW?). If Sansa were to try to escape through the crypts, then here is how D&D will do the reveal --

She will hear a noise, hide behind Lyanna's tomb, and there scratched on the tomb are the letters R + L = J :dunce:

Only Jon?

What about Sansa. So she lied about her aunt being killed, but what else?

Arya. Yes she killed a few, and left the hound to die, but that wasn't really unjustified.

Bran/Rickton?

Davos

IMO there are lots of characters who's actions were not morally questionable. Heck even Tommen has done nothing wrong.

I was referring to the primary characters. None of those fall in that category. Though Sansa's actions and desire to be queen resulted in Ned losing his head and the loss of most of her family. Had Sansa not ran to Cersei, she'd have made it home to Winterfell with Arya. Sansa's story is tragic thus far, but all of it is a direct result of her own actions.

Maybe Stannis' death will be the shocker: Brienne meeting him and revenging Renly. Not sure if this is good story telling but you never know with this show.

I think there are only three or four characters popular enough to break the internet if they're killed off. Stannis isn't one of them. Many viewers might even see it coming after the writers made him look like such a villain in the last episode.

We have to rely on the heavy-handedness of D&D and remember how they use foreshadowing, like the 7000 shots of Olly (GOSH, does anybody think Olly will be in on FTW?). If Sansa were to try to escape through the crypts, then here is how D&D will do the reveal --

She will hear a noise, hide behind Lyanna's tomb, and there scratched on the tomb are the letters R + L = J :dunce:

Oh God...you're probably right *bangs head on desk*

It pretty much has to end with FTW. People I know who watch the show and didn't read the books couldn't care less about Stannis, not a singe one. They are all rallying to Dany and Jon. SO if it ends with FTW and a fade to black show fans will freak out.

Archived