Twyins death show vs books (possible spoiler)

Lord Potsmoke

Only a spoiler if they are saying this for a later time in the show.

So if i remember right, which i may not... in the books when Jamie frees Tyrion doesnt he tell Tyrion that the Whore Tysha (spelling?name?) that he loved wasnt actually a whore, it wasnt a set up, she really did love him but his Father did this and that?

In the show he doesnt tell him that.

Now to me, finding out that truth about Tysha was the thing that made Tyrion go to confront his father, it seems he was fairly ready to escape until he heard that. In the show he is like escaping and its not really explained why he goes back to confront his dad, i mean yeah sure Tywin had him sentanced to death & tormented him all his life but didnt show inteiton of killing him and he didnt seem to have intention of going to his father at first, rather just focused on getting away and he killed him because Shae was in his bed, but why go there to discover Shae in the first place, unarmed, his dad would have had him killed or kicked him round the floor?

Do people agree the show left out a major plot line? I felt it was important and rather heartwarming/breaking too, really adds to Tyrions character and rage etc

The show is the show, and the books are the books.

Actually, I liked the Tysha episode during the events in the privy. And the precedent talk about Tysha between Jaime and Tyrion. It's so bittersweet. Jaime wants to do something good for Tyrion. And Tyrion "misunderstands" in a way. Yeah, it adds to Tyrion's rage and despair at the same time, I agree.

The show changed Shae's role. She did fall in love with Tyrion and didn't only love him for his money. Book!Shae is different.

We (book readers) don't know the extent of the events why Shae lies in Tywin's bed. And Varys' role in all that.

But this scene in the episode also makes sense. It was beautifully acted (by Sibel Kekilli and Charles Dance and the Dink). Did you have a look at the deleted scene from "The Lion and the Rose"? That adds to that moment in the show.

The show is the show, and the books are the books.

Actually, I liked the Tysha episode during the events in the privy. And the precedent talk about Tysha between Jaime and Tyrion. It's so bittersweet. Jaime wants to do something good for Tyrion. And Tyrion "misunderstands" in a way. Yeah, it adds to Tyrion's rage and despair at the same time, I agree.

The show changed Shae's role. She did fall in love with Tyrion and didn't only love him for his money. Book!Shae is different.

We (book readers) don't know the extent of the events why Shae lies in Tywin's bed. And Varys' role in all that.

But this scene in the episode also makes sense. It was beautifully acted (by Sibel Kekilli and Charles Dance and the Dink). Did you have a look at the deleted scene from "The Lion and the Rose"? That adds to that moment in the show.

Yes it was a very good scene, but i just cant help but feel that they missed a chance to put in a really as you said bittersweet moment that really drives Tyrions Rage.

I understand the books and the show should be treated as different entities, so i cant moan about inconsistancies between them.

No i havent seen the deleted scenes, i have seasons 1-3 on bluray, dont think there was any deleted scenes on the first season, i will check it out though, i want to see the deleted sceene with the mad king too, that exists, right?

Yes it was a very good scene, but i just cant help but feel that they missed a chance to put in a really as you said bittersweet moment that really drives Tyrions Rage.

I understand the books and the show should be treated as different entities, so i cant moan about inconsistancies between them.

No i havent seen the deleted scenes, i have seasons 1-3 on bluray, dont think there was any deleted scenes on the first season, i will check it out though, i want to see the deleted sceene with the mad king too, that exists, right?

The mad king? I'm sorry I don't know what you're referring to.

There is a scene with Bronn and Shae after Tyrion told her off. Wait, I'll look it up on Youtube.

Here it is:

I was a bit surprised actually that they didn't also use this scene in the final version. And surprised as well about the leaving out of Tysha since they kept referring to her multiple times.

The mad king? I'm sorry I don't know what you're referring to.

There is a scene with Bronn and Shae after Tyrion told her off. Wait, I'll look it up on Youtube.

Here it is:

I was a bit surprised actually that they didn't also use this scene in the final version. And surprised as well about the leaving out of Tysha since they kept referring to her multiple times.

Thanks for the link, i'll have a butchers when i get home, youtube doesnt fly in my open plan office :bang:

the scene with the mad king, i meant the death of Rickard and Brandon Stark.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Execution_of_Rickard_and_Brandon_Stark

"The execution was set to be featured in a flashback scene. Footage of the scene appeared in the "Fear and Blood" first season trailer but has not appeared in any aired episode of the series. The scene was cut for time reasons.

In the scene Aerys was played by Liam Burke and Brandon was played by an unidentified actor. It is unknown if an actor was cast to play Rickard."

ive just never got around to looking on youtube because i presumed it would be on the bluray lol.

Thanks for the link, i'll have a butchers when i get home, youtube doesnt fly in my open plan office :bang:

the scene with the mad king, i meant the death of Rickard and Brandon Stark.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Execution_of_Rickard_and_Brandon_Stark

"The execution was set to be featured in a flashback scene. Footage of the scene appeared in the "Fear and Blood" first season trailer but has not appeared in any aired episode of the series. The scene was cut for time reasons.

In the scene Aerys was played by Liam Burke and Brandon was played by an unidentified actor. It is unknown if an actor was cast to play Rickard."

ive just never got around to looking on youtube because i presumed it would be on the bluray lol.

Ah, I see. I watched those "History and Lore" videos on YT. I do have the DVD versions of the seasons. And I guess, it's on the bluray as well.

Archived