NBA Finals 2015 - Lebron vs. The Warriors vs. MJ

Jaime L

He had 3 fouls in three minutes, and Kerr decided he didn't need that. GS has gone small all game.

And Mosgov has eaten his lunch all series. If you can't beat them at their game, beat them at yours.

Any chance Lebron wins MVP even if GS wins the series? There is historical precedent, and he certainly deserves it.

I think he's the overwhelming favorite. Curry's been terrible for large stretches of the series and the Warriors have been too balanced in their scoring for anyone else to emerge.

This is Lebron's worst game by far. He looks exhausted out there. And he's still going for a triple-double.

Absolutely disgusting. The NBA and ABC should be ashamed for exposing their audience to that disgusting, pitiful, wrinkled excuse for a penis, and on national television no less. But enough about Joey Crawford, lets talk about this LeBron thing too.

Lulz.

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Lumpy67/media/Love%20This%20Guy_zps0q1arcue.jpg.html

LeBron made comments to Doris after game 3 along the lines of (paraphrasing): "I don't know if I can keep putting up these numbers...I just know I need to get out there and be there for my teammates." He sounded so winded while saying it, and combined, it's almost like he knew what a challenge they were still facing even having just gone up 2-1. I'm not saying I've burying Cleveland now. Just that the narrative of Golden State's superior depth being too much just came back into greater focus.

I think he's the overwhelming favorite. Curry's been terrible for large stretches of the series and the Warriors have been too balanced in their scoring for anyone else to emerge.

I remember when JS Giguere won the Conn Smythe despite losing to the NJ Devils in 7 in the finals. It was awkward (to say the least) watching a guy who was most likely bawling his eyes out have to go up and accept the trophy. Lebron is definitely the clear favorite, but that'll be a strange acceptance if it comes to pass.

Edit: Sad Giggy

I am not sweating a damn thing. The man who had his ass wiped by the King made these predictions.

If the Cavs can do these things, they will be NBA champions. I predict:

Game 1: Dubs 110 Cavs 97

Game 2: Cavs 97 Dubs 90

Game 3: Cavs 111 Dubs 104

Game 4: Dubs 98 Cavs 94

Game 5: Cavs 110 Dubs 103

Game 6: Cavs 120 Dubs 115

Cavs win 4-2.

Cavs don't have a thing to worry about. Littlefinger was imparted with this knowledge years ago.

I remember when JS Giguere won the Conn Smythe despite losing to the NJ Devils in 7 in the finals. It was awkward (to say the least) watching a guy who was most likely bawling his eyes out have to go up and accept the trophy. Lebron is definitely the clear favorite, but that'll be a strange acceptance if it comes to pass.

Edit: Sad Giggy

It's certainly possible, but it's only happened once in the NBA while it's happened five times in the NHL.

what an awful game. You could tell from the very beginning that the Cavs were tired, and not playing with as much intensity. The defense was pretty terrible and JR/Shumpert gave them absolutely nothing. JR was particularly putrid.

what an awful game. You could tell from the very beginning that the Cavs were tired, and not playing with as much intensity. The defense was pretty terrible and JR/Shumpert gave them absolutely nothing. JR was particularly putrid.

Its what I don't get when I hear, "Cavs are better without Love/Irving." comments. No, Lebron was just playing like a man possessed. But, you knew sooner or later he regress back to norm. And, they have no other threats. Yea, JR once in a blue moon. But, Kyrie hurts the most, because he can create his own shot and shots for others.

Its what I don't get when I hear, "Cavs are better without Love/Irving." comments. No, Lebron was just playing like a man possessed. But, you knew sooner or later he regress back to norm. And, they have no other threats. Yea, JR once in a blue moon. But, Kyrie hurts the most, because he can create his own shot and shots for others.

Kyrie just takes too much of the focus off of Lebron, he's not the ideal team mate, but yeah...they are certainly not BETTER without him.

It's certainly possible, but it's only happened once in the NBA while it's happened five times in the NHL.

Am I incorrect in my thinking that in hockey, the MVP is for the entire playoffs? That makes a difference.

The only player on the Warriors who possibly deserves MVP is Iguodala. But considering he didn't even start the first three games, it would be kinda weird to give him the trophy.

LeBron can rest for a bit, there's 3 days until the next one on Sunday.

That should help. It's going to be a critical game in a series where every game is already critical.

Agreed on LeBron deserving Finals MVP but also thinking Golden State doesn't have a candidate of their own.

Bogut's been overshadowed by his fellow giant Mozgov. Curry obviously not in the race unless he plays 3 super games from now. Klay Thompson had 9 points last night.

On the other hand some awful shooting last night from Smith, Shumpert and even Dellavadova. And really, with 7 of 22 a LeBron was again shooting poorly.

LeBron can rest for a bit, there's 3 days until the next one on Sunday.

That should help. It's going to be a critical game in a series where every game is already critical.

Agreed on LeBron deserving Finals MVP but also thinking Golden State doesn't have a candidate of their own.

Bogut's been overshadowed by his fellow giant Mozgov. Curry obviously not in the race unless he plays 3 super games from now. Klay Thompson had 9 points last night.

On the other hand some awful shooting last night from Smith, Shumpert and even Dellavadova. And really, with 7 of 22 a LeBron was again shooting poorly.

The Cavs legs were just gone, and with it went their jump shot. I hope the extra day of rest does them good, Game 4 was by far the least exciting game of the series. Lebron went 7 of 22, but I do feel like that wasn't really that bad, since his shots were mostly driving to the paint, which creates free throws and rebounding opportunities. Plus, the Warriors were doubling him more, which puts additional pressure on the supporting guys to hit their shots. Aside from Mosgov, they did not.

Looking at the Golden State roster and the minutes last night, the Warriors really did go small in a way that NBA teams almost never do. It's not like they were putting out 6-10 guys who can also shoot the 3. They ran an 8 man rotation of 5 guards, 2 small forwards, and David Lee (a 6-9 Center). Yes, aside from Curry their guards are pretty tall, but still, very risky.

I'm amazed that they were only minus 5 on rebounds. Watching the game, I thought it was worse (although I suppose the Cavs were missing a lot more shots than the Warriors).

They're certainly not a better team without Irving and Love. Just that their injuries forced them to play a style that's more conducive to beating the Warriors. The Warriors will destroy your defensive weak link. Curry or Thompson would go off if you don't have a perimeter defender glued to them every second. But with both guys injured, they've been able to play all-world defense. Seriously, their defensive rating with Delladova/Shumpert/Lebron/Thompson/Mosgov is off the charts. Like best in the NBA good.

The ideal would have been to play this style but with a healthy Irving to run the second unit when Lebron sits so their offense wouldn't die without him. Seriously they're 5/29 shooting in the 19 minutes Lebron has sat in the series.

The only player on the Warriors who possibly deserves MVP is Iguodala. But considering he didn't even start the first three games, it would be kinda weird to give him the trophy.

No question. He's been the only Warriors player who has been completely unfazed by the spotlight of the finals. And he's played the best defense of anyone on Lebron. He's been a poor man's Kawhi for them.

But I'd still give the MVP to Lebron.

Warriors are definitely winning this in 6. We just don't have anything else to throw at them. Stupid fucking injuries.

It's a shame, really.

This will never, ever happen but the best strategy for Cleveland would be to throw Game 5. Don't even bring Lebron, Delly, Mozgov, Thompson, Shumpert to the West Coast. Just the trip itself is a hassle. Let them rest / recharge for 4 days and then go out and die on the court in the last two games.

They're certainly not a better team without Irving and Love. Just that their injuries forced them to play a style that's more conducive to beating the Warriors. The Warriors will destroy your defensive weak link. Curry or Thompson would go off if you don't have a perimeter defender glued to them every second. But with both guys injured, they've been able to play all-world defense. Seriously, their defensive rating with Delladova/Shumpert/Lebron/Thompson/Mosgov is off the charts.

The ideal would have been to play this style but with a healthy Irving to run the second unit when Lebron sits so their offense wouldn't die without him. Seriously they're 5/29 shooting in the 19 minutes Lebron has sat in the series.

If the Cavs had Love and Irving (even 80% Irving), then they could play a normal 9 man rotation, and have that brutal defensive squad as just one look to throw at GS. Love especially provided a lot of flexibility, in that he can provide both floor spacing and rebounding. This would mean that their offense would actually get better when Thompson and Mozgov sit, and they could better counter Golden State's super small lineups. If Love + Thompson + Lebron are in, they still have the three tallest guys on the floor, but also can better cope with the Warriors speed and switching.

Irving is less of a good fit vs GS, IMO, but he could definitely lead the second unit, and run the offense at times so Lebron doesn't have to be both Plan A and Plan B. I remember at one point in game 4 the Cavs inbounded the ball to Delly, and he immediately passed it to Lebron to walk it up the floor. It's not that Lebron can't do that, of course he can. But it was just emblematic of the fact that Lebron has to do EVERYTHING for this team.

This will never, ever happen but the best strategy for Cleveland would be to throw Game 5. Don't even bring Lebron, Delly, Mozgov, Thompson, Shumpert to the West Coast. Just the trip itself is a hassle. Let them rest / recharge for 4 days and then go out and die on the court in the last two games.

I think Blatt might be suspended for the year if he did that. Like seriously, the NBA didn't like it when Pop rested guys in the regular season, but in the Final? The knives would come out. Plus, the Cavs bench players getting meaningful minutes would be a crime in and of itself.

Am I incorrect in my thinking that in hockey, the MVP is for the entire playoffs? That makes a difference.

Yup it's for the playoffs, but usually a finals performance is weighed heavily. Still you're right, that does make quite a difference. I was more pointing to the awkwardness of ceremony (poor Giggy!).

Archived