Bloodraven's Freedom

Blazfemur

Per Varamyr Sixskin's Epilogue, it is implied that if a warg were to possess another being, if his host body dies, that warg is forever imprisoned in the body of the subject he's possessed, and will eventually mentally become one with it.

About to throw you all a curveball here, so do try to keep up.

We meet Bloodraven. He's a blatantly rotting, decrepid corpse, ENCHAINED to his chair with weirwood roots placed throughout his body. There's a barrier, surrounding his cave, keeping the dead from entering.

Why is Bloodraven there? Enchained? What got him there? He was a member of the watch.

Crackpot with me a little: Bloodraven is dead, a corpse. Ok? Take it into your mind, and become one with it for a moment. An all-powerful sorcerer, too powerful, that was locked away in a cave, imprisoned in weirwood root, and sealed with a barrier for good measure.

How does Bloodraven get out? And why Bran? Bran's a cripple, far too weak and useless for a powerful entity like Bloodraven....right?

If Bloodraven were to warg any other human being, the moment he crosses that threshhold Dead Barrier, let's assume his host body dies, and he's forever imprisoned int eh body he's taken hold of.

......what if the body he's taken hold of, were also a warg?

Follow me for a second, i know im losing you.

Varamyr possessed a human being that wasn't a warg, and thus when his body died, the body he possessed didnt have the ability to warg, and thus, he was chained there indefinitely.

But he Varamyr possessed another warg, and his host body died, would he be able to channel that person's warg abilities, to transfer himself once more?

Using this logic, Bloodraven, brought Bran to his cave, to warg into him, to cross that dead-barrier threshhold (Bran is a living vessel), release himself from that weirwood prison, and take control of Bran's body until he can channel Bran's warg abilities to warg out of Bran and into a more suitable host, permanently.

In essence, Varamyr's epilogue may have hinted the reason why warg's become permanently a part of the subject they inhabit, is because that subject does not have the ability to warg themself. If that subject too, were a warg, perhaps they would be able to move on to the next.

*Phew* hand me my meds

I already knew Bloodraven was an evil sonofabitch, so if this is true it does not surprise me.

I hope Bran uses Summer to rip Bloodraven's throat out.

If Varamyr failed his "last warg" in a normal human, do you realise how hard it should be to "warg in another warg" ?

Also why need "another vessel to be free" ? Greenseers can see potential anywhere, anytime.

Well since it seems like a shamanic practice, I more see Bran getting "all the souls" of the previous greenseers as his last "crowning" step, than a BR plan to escape.

Well, you may want it to play out one way, and me another...

But the Tree in in charge. :D

And the Tree is Bloodraven.

but how boring!

"Yes, Bran. Let me train you. Ok youre trained, I can now sleep."

zzzZZZzzz.

Evil undead sorcerer sealed away, a horror locked away far north beyond the wall to be forgotten by mankind?

And to take the body of a young child as his vessel, a child that has First Men blood, to cross the threshhold barrier. I love it. Then harness Bran's own ability to warg, to warg out of his body and into someone more powerful. That would be ideal.

BR has warged many animals, especially ravens and they have mostly if not all left the cave...

and yet all those animals do not inherantly have the ability to warg, and thus he returns to his host body

So you don't think BR has ever warged an animal that left the cave? Not Cold Hands, not the elk, not Mormonts Raven, any of the Ravens at his families Weirwood tree that is turned to stone?

certainly. he can warg anything he wants, however, he's bound to the subject he wargs. however, if he were to warg, another warg, perhaps the journey doesnt stop there.

I guess I see what your saying. To me, it would have been a waste to give us the Varamyr chapter if the info we got about warging in it wasn't correct.

it IS correct though, thats the beauty of it. Varamyr attempted to warg a normal human subject, and one that wasnt already a warg. He would be imprisoned in that body.

So, Bloodraven wargs Bran.........Hodor carries Branraven out of the cave...........Branraven finds another human host, (say ramsey just for shits & giggles).......Branraven becomes Ramseyraven and is now a young Northman with the abilty to live and move around like any other human?

I like it. :bowdown:

If people put aside their liking Bran as much as they do, I think they would be able to see the logic in your theory. If Bloodraven were to do this, it doesn't make him evil. In fact it would make a lot of sense. I mean, who the fuck wants to be anchored to a tree for eternity.

So, Bloodraven wargs Bran.........Hodor carries Branraven out of the cave...........Branraven finds another human host, (say ramsey just for shits & giggles).......Branraven becomes Ramseyraven and is now a young Northman with the abilty to live and move around like any other human?

I like it. :bowdown:

If people put aside their liking Bran as much as they do, I think they would be able to see the logic in your theory. If Bloodraven were to do this, it doesn't make him evil. In fact it would make a lot of sense. I mean, who the fuck wants to be anchored to a tree for eternity.

If I were Bloodraven, i'd want to warg Bran, cross the threshhold, have hodor carry me to the wall, and warg Jon (who himself, is ALSO a warg, as a backup). Jon has both First Men blood & Valyrian blood within him. Not taking into consideration Jon's current situation, of course

Archived