Cursed is the kinslayer/Shireen's Revenge

Robb_Warged

It may be possible that Shireen was not Stannis's natural daughter, and that Melisandre realized this after Selyse hung herself. Hence Stannis was no kinslayer and no royal blood was spilled.

she is his daughter. they got the best thing they needed but it is not what they wanted...

Note that Roose Bolton said he wasn't going to march as long as the weather stayed snowy and horrible. If you believe that the red magic worked, then Shireen's sacrifice led to the warm weather, which led to the Boltons marching out on Stannis. So her sacrifice did cause the defeat of Stannis. Very appropriate.

Note that Roose Bolton said he wasn't going to march as long as the weather stayed snowy and horrible. If you believe that the red magic worked, then Shireen's sacrifice led to the warm weather, which led to the Boltons marching out on Stannis. So her sacrifice did cause the defeat of Stannis. Very appropriate.

I thought so too! They got what they wanted, warm weather, but the old gods/karma/the force/whatchamacallit doesn't like killing your own children, thus the defeat. Also, I wondered if Melisandre had a revelatory moment when she left Stannis, like 'oh shit I've read everything wrong' and that's why she runs off to Jon, maybe seeing that it could have been him instead? Or something? She must have seen that Stannis wasn't Azor Azai reborn for real or she wouldn't have abandoned him

I said "possibly" Shireen is Selyse's bastard. It's speculation. You asserted that no, Shireen is definitely legitimate. I've asked for evidence in support of that assertion. Can you provide it or no?

no i said she is his daughter just like Jon is ned's son. considering that how it is presented it is on you to rebut the presumption

I presented speculation. Conjecture: Shireen might not have royal blood so the sacrifice was not effective. If you disagree, I'd like to know on what grounds. Otherwise let's call it a day and stop annoying each other.

''Kingsblood'' as established in the books is carrying the blood of someone who has been crowned king. In the books, when Stannis ordered Axell Florent burned, they prayed to R'hllor for a blessing in wind so they can sail to the wall faster, and they got it, because the Florents are descended from the ''Gardener King''.

So we can presume that the technicality of ''kingsblood'' is being related to someone of ''great importance'', I doubt the thing differentiating ''kingsblood'' from ''regular blood'', is whether the person in question ever considered himself exactly the word 'king' or not.

:agree: Poetic justice.

• 2 months later...

Archived