What happens when Jon comes back?

idio

Assuming Lord Snow comes back from The Stabbening, what happens afterward? Is he still Lord Commander? Did his stabbing precipitate a full on mutiny? Did the Wildlings and Black Brothers turn on each other? Has Bowen Marsh or something relieved Snow of his duty? Will Jon execute his stabbers?

I dont think there will be much to "come back" to.

The wildlings and Yun Yun are likely tearing the shit out of the Watch that participated in the stabbing which might lead to a full scale battle at Castle Black.

There are theories that the Others are the "cold" that Jon felt at the time of the stabbing, so perhaps the Wall is about to come down.

My bet is that Melissandre or Jon's friends barely get his body to safety and recovers in a Ice Cell while in a Coma/ Warg state.

This might be the end of the Watch or at least the Watch that we are familiar with.

The situation at the Wall will likely have gone to hell while he has woken up. Of course, Jon will execute the mutineers. No commander would do differently. I think he is still the LC. I doubt he would toss it aside especially when he knows the stakes. The Weeper will probably have taken the Shadow Tower as well.

I have a theory for what happens. I think Marsh will manipulate Selyse into naming him LC, saying the wildlings killed Jon.

Assuming Lord Snow comes back from The Stabbening, what happens afterward? Is he still Lord Commander? Did his stabbing precipitate a full on mutiny? Did the Wildlings and Black Brothers turn on each other? Has Bowen Marsh or something relieved Snow of his duty? Will Jon execute his stabbers?

There won't be any 'coming back' because Jon will never go away... TWOW will feature Jon chapters early on, but Jon will just he inside of Ghost... Jon will become a man again, but not the man he was before, not the same mind, not the same body...

Well according to the prophecies: He shall take a sword, and this sword shall be LB, and he should wake dragons from stones...And well "the battle for the Dawn".

Now actually: I guess a good freak out is in order. Concidering what he's supposed to know/see with the show, he'd better focus on what's happening in the north than in WInterfell.

There won't be any 'coming back' because Jon will never go away... TWOW will feature Jon chapters early on, but Jon will just he inside of Ghost... Jon will become a man again, but not the man he was before, not the same mind, not the same body...

Jon won't come back in another body, it would be pointless. He would be forced to either,

A - Tell everyone he warged into a stolen body

B - Go off to face the great other alone, which sounds pretty boring imo

As others have suggested, I'm thinking the Night's Watch at Castle Black will be no more. By stabbing Jon, they've signed their death sentences. I'm just curious what will happen with Eastwatch and the Shadowtower: how will news go over? I'd imagine the homies at Castle Black will still be all about defending the Wall. I don't know. I just really want to read TWOW already.

I haven't given it too much thought as I usually think about how lame it'll be if Jon has to live through Ghost or if he is resurrected as zombie-Jon.

But it's hard to imagine everyone just standing and looking at one another.

I think there was probably a lot of dissent among the Night's Watch as far as how Jon was handling things as Lord Commander. With that said, there was probably more brothers that either liked him or preferred instead to tolerate him. And let's not forget the brothers that were bound to duty.

The men that plotted against and stabbed Jon will hopefully be apprehended and locked in the Ice Cells immediately. I'm hoping Jon is just in rough shape and that he will need some patching up/rehabilitation. Sadly, I think it's probably going to be something lame (just a gut feeling).

I don't know what the cold feeling was that Jon felt before slipping. It could be that he was going into shock, dying, or that The Others were about to assault The Wall.

I cannot wait for The Winds of Winter.

The situation at the Wall will likely have gone to hell while he has woken up. Of course, Jon will execute the mutineers. No commander would do differently. I think he is still the LC. I doubt he would toss it aside especially when he knows the stakes. The Weeper will probably have taken the Shadow Tower as well.

I have a theory for what happens. I think Marsh will manipulate Selyse into naming him LC, saying the wildlings killed Jon.

Unless it's Wun Wun that gets to the mutineers first.

If Marsh gets himself named Lord Commander, I can see how he effectively starts a smaller scale war south of the Wall between the wildlings and the Night's Watch... and then suddenly the Weeper comes and the White Walkers come and perhaps even Ramsay (who can be a wild card even as an ally) arrives with not so good news after all, and Marsh has to try and handle the situation. That would serve him right - better even than being torn into pieces by Wun Wun.

It's a possible scenario but I'm not sure any of it would depend on Selyse. According to the Pink Letter, she and her daughter are wanted by Ramsay, Stannis is allegedly dead, she has no real army to speak of - for Marsh, she would be a hostage at best.

ETA: Oh, and that would make Marsh the 999th Lord Commander, right?

If Marsh gets himself named Lord Commander, I can see how he effectively starts a smaller scale war south of the Wall between the wildlings and the Night's Watch... and then suddenly the Weeper comes and the White Walkers come and perhaps even Ramsay (who can be a wild card even as an ally) arrives with not so good news after all, and Marsh has to try and handle the situation. That would serve him right - better even than being torn into pieces by Wun Wun.

It's a possible scenario but I'm not sure any of it would depend on Selyse. According to the Pink Letter, she and her daughter are wanted by Ramsay, Stannis is allegedly dead, she has no real army to speak of - for Marsh, she would be a hostage at best.

Yes he'd be the 999th LC, which makes me very interested in who will be the 1000th.

...And the 1000th LC would be somebody very special. Jon’s near-to-1000 number must have some meaning. Maybe there can be only 1000 LCs.

Well, some vague feelings based on the text. No, I can't really see how Jon could be resurrected shortly after all the events of his last chapter in ADWD. All their reasons to stab him would still be there, no? Yes. he’s probably not dead, he’s just seriously wounded. But the stabbers obviously wanted to kill him (reluctantly, with tears, but anyway). Would they just leave him to recover? Without any burning etc.? I think something really big will happen (like a WW attack?) for all the NW men, Queen men etc. to forget about Jon for some time. But there has to be some kind person to keep his unconscious body in some safe place (maybe not Ice Cells). And yes, I suggest Jon will eventually come back into his own body (maybe after some warging into Ghost but I’m somehow not happy about it, all this warging has its costs).Will he feel himself free from his NW vows and ride South, to Winterfell, maybe to meet Stannis, Theon, Asha among all these snows? Will the NW still accept him as its LC? Too many questions. If he’s not LC anymore than his mission as LC was to bring Wildlings through the Wall and…. and that’s all, for now. But I suppose Jon could take more active part in the events of the realm.

Once he is resurrected,the Wall will be brought down and Night's Watch extinguished. Finally aware of R+L=J, he will have a new duty of reclaiming his rightful place as a king. And the White Walkers/uncle Benjen and Bran/Bloodraven will help him in that,he is half-Stark after all.

But first,he will visit Winterfell and take the ice dragon that is hybernating below and kept in control by hot springs. Once Jon claims him and White Walkers march in his army,there is no escape for rest of Westeros.

And I am seriously hoping something along these lines,I am not kidding. The only house that's been through such shit throughout five books and deserves to rule over Westeros are Starks. It is time for wolves after all.

Everyone turns on him and thinks he's a wight?

Maybe he doesn't come back. He committed treason. No way he gets accepted back to the Night Watch. And when Mance got caught at Winterfell the northern lords present found out Jon allowed the wildling king to live. Jon is not going to be wanted anywhere in the Seven Kingdoms. It's best for him to just either die or warg into another body. But if he wargs and takes on another body, that means whatever nobility he carries in his blood is gone. It would not matter then whether he was the son of R and L. He would be in a different body.

I guess the wildlings kills the NW . Weeper takes Shadow tower , and their will be none to protect the Wall. Jon most likely will warg Ghost and travel beyond the Wall to discover something about the Others.

I think Marsh had a plan. From the looks of it, he had been planning Jon's assassination for a while.

Marsh would likely play on her fears, and get her to name him LC. Of course, he double crosses her, sending a raven to the Boltons saying Jon is dead and he will do anything to cooperate even if it means handing over Selyse and her party. He would also ask for help for dealing with the wildlings south of the Wall.

The watch is doomed if they try to kill the wildings, mass desertion is what follows.

They may try to elect another lord commander, but with Cotter Pyke most likely dead, and Castle black full of traitors I don't think there will be a peaceful election.

Jon may sleep off his wounds, but by the time he comes back he's likely to find the wall almost entirely devoid of people, and with the enemy at the gates.

Archived