[Poll] How would you rate episode 510?

Ran

How would you rate episode 510?  

1,157 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

-Arya: decent but ham-handed, between Trant hitting the girls and the overpowering scary music at the end.

Comparing to Arya's beautiful first kill as FM in the novel, this part is so underwhelming that it turns my stomach.

P,S. Am the only one who feel there are many cheaters in this post?

Did anyone else notice Jon's eyes shifted color a bit during that slow zoom in? Or was I seeing things?

Yeah i noticed it. A little :/ that he didnt say "Ghost" but oh well.

I actually give it a 9 because i enjoyed this episode. I only got two decent episodes this season so let me have this moment. I liked Cersei's Walk because it played it out exactly like its book counterpart. My only complaint is that they showed too much of her frontal than was necessary. But the lingering shots of her face really did help.

No LSH

No Hoodef Man

No Jon Con

No Aegon

No Flashbacks

No Ghost

What makes any of you believe Jon will actually be on the show next year?

At this point I would be shocked if he is. They have deviated from everything on purpose.

Just hold out for TWOW to see what happens I suppose.

I'm going to go drink myself to sleep.

"For the Watch" My ass.

Oh, and did anyone notice a tear!?

I didn't!!!!!!!!

I enjoyed the WOS and Arya's scenes, so I gave it a 2.

Everything else was straight up garbage. I am in dread of the shit they will give us next season when they have no book material to go on at all. Not that they pay much heed to the stuff anyway :thumbsdown:

LAME. I felt like we lurched from important thing to important thing without any actual weight given, except for the overlong walk of shame. I have more criticisms but this episode really disappointed me so I rate it a 1.

Edited by lakin1013

You do realize that A Dance With Dragons actually had MORE clifffhangers? The series actually resolved the Battle of Winterfell.

Oh please. There's no way the battle for Winterfell goes down like that. Same with the burning of Shireen, a scene that was totally unearned by D&D. They jumped all over the opportunity for shock value.

I suppose in today's society people would rather see a poorly executed yet speedy resolution than a good one with some actually effort and thought behind it.

That was all pure fanfic. Horrendously written fanfiction. Don't even get me started on Brienne ABANDONING her post at the PRECISE moment she's needed to seek vengeance for a lousy poser king who was trying to steal Stannis' birthright. Lousy writing through and through

I am sorry but anyone arguing this season was in any way good has the questionable taste at least.

This was a pile of ... what was the word Sansa used in Season 3 finale?

Well, just pathetic.

No LSH

No Hoodef Man

No Jon Con

No Aegon

No Flashbacks

No Ghost

What makes any of you believe Jon will actually be on the show next year?

At this point I would be shocked if he is. They have deviated from everything on purpose.

Just hold out for TWOW to see what happens I suppose.

I'm going to go drink myself to sleep.

"For the Watch" My ass.

Oh, and did anyone notice a tear!?

I didn't!!!!!!!!

Please don't hold your breath for that. The book will never come out. The only conclusion we'll have for the series is this show.

It's no coincidence that the quality of the show declined drastically once they ran out of source material.

I don't trust D&D's whole "George said this would happen" shit anymore. They're just making shit up as they go. I can appreciate the situation they were put in by GRRMS inability to produce the 6th book but they've literally swung and missed on pretty much everything since they had to connect the dots themselves. It's like they dont get the world they've been charged with creating.

Gave it 5/10. Arya scene was SOLID. For the Watch delivered although not quite with the gravity I wanted. Brienne gets to kill Stannis? REALLY?! The only success story in the entire series and it's a character I really don't give a flying Fig Newton about. Great. Theon/Sansa was okay. Dorne... what the heck were we doing with this story this season? I get the whole "put your own twist" on things they're trying to take but all of Dorne this season was an utter train wreck. People liked Oberyn, not his paramore. The Benjen Stark tease was infuriating. INFURIATING. I'm glad we got Melisandre back to the wall but if they end up saying Jon is 100% dead anyways next season then I'll be pretty pissed at that, too. It can't be a spoiler to say so but it's almost like they're confirming he will live by having her back there. Otherwise, without Stannis, she's 100% useless. All of the Stannis scenes were outstanding though. If this episode was just Stannis and Arya I'd give it an 11/10. Agree with others that Cersei walk lasted too long.