Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

Chebyshov

omg, I forgot...

Kevan and Pycelle are alive... :lol:

What the fuck is Varys doing in Meereen?????

Does anybody else kinda feel the show NEEDS Aegon to make some sense?

(also, some JonCon because I say so)

The show needed (past tense) new players to revitalized the game. It needed Aegon, Euron, Arianne, Manderly, among others.

Now it just needs better writers. Seriously, can D&D just take their boatload of cash and go away?

omg, I forgot...

Kevan and Pycelle are alive... :lol:

What the fuck is Varys doing in Meereen?????

Does anybody else kinda feel the show NEEDS Aegon to make some sense?

(also, some JonCon because I say so)

Being a supporting character in St. Tyrion's show, of course.

Somebody has to give the little man credit, come on. He's ruling a big city now, and he has experience in it. And needs somebody to tell to his face so people can see how awesome he is.

A few that come to mind.

1. I suppose we know Stannis isn't vital to the ASOIF end-game now after the pathetic end he was given.

2. Melisandre must have some connection towards Jon's likely revival in TWoW considering the way she shows right back up in Castle Black just before Jon's death.

3. Are there no vows of celibacy in the show Night's Watch? Jon was practically giving him a pat on the back for oath-breaking.

4. Soldiers sure know how to slip in and out in the north. First Ramsay's 20 men slip in, destroy all their food, and slip right out unseen because "they know the north;" now half of Stannis' army (with the horses) also fled. This whole situation is another reminder of D&D's lack of knowledge and/or concern for logic in medieval battle tactics. The whole thing is just lazy.

5. Myrcella was poisoned? Really? With Tristane (a nice hostage) on the ship? This shows D&D's ignorance towards feudalism politics; worse considering GRRM already did the hard part by providing it. They just chose to ignore it, along with much else, because they felt like it.

6. Winterfell, Theon/Reek, Stannis, etc. were all a missed opportunity. Theon now decides to stop being Ramsay's bitch? His behavior felt very unnatural. His transition from Theon to Reek and back was just horrible. Not even a scene with Theon in the godswood. Sigh. I don't want to talk about this anymore.

The show needed (past tense) new players to revitalized the game. It needed Aegon, Euron, Arianne, Manderly, among others.

Now it just needs better writers. Seriously, can D&D just take their boatload of cash and go away?

JonCon should write the next season.

He fix everything, he's good :(

People think this episode was bad wait till they get Lord Commander Stoneheart, you know how they love to combine shit and BoT is still in the North and Sansa is free, where else can they run too? And I do mean run, the wall is clearly only a few miles from Winterfell.

I really hate the idea of Mel using blood magic to resurrect Jon, I have not believed he would be dead in the books, but he certainly looks dead dead in the show, so it looks like I've been wrong and we're going to get a more supernatural resurection than what I was hoping for.

D&D probably think he's an actual ghost, as in he disappears at will and becomes invisible and shit

Ghost appeared to save Sam and Gilly from rapists but he didnot give shit to Jon getting gutted. Wonderful.

btw, for a moment, I thought that Ellaria was taking a poison to kill herself.

Actually, I would have liked that, not because I can't stand her anymore but because at least that would acknowledge the fact she's aware she did wrong and she just screwed up Dorne's inheritance.

I was kind of hoping she wouldn't give herself the antidote.

She got the revenge she was desperately wanted and was willing to die for it.

Though obviously the show runners disagreed.

People think this episode was bad wait till they get Lord Commander Stoneheart, you know how they love to combine shit and BoT is still in the North and Sansa is free, where else can they run too? And I do mean run, the wall is clearly only a few miles from Winterfell.

Sansa and Theon have so have suffered injuries from that fall. They are still in danger when next season starts.If they live,

Ok, since Jon's last word was "Olly" instead of "Ghost", maybe he will warg into Olly and remain like that for the rest of the show, and Kit told the truth about not coming back.

Oh my god, and then olly can play the role of jon Snow, aaagghhhhh the horror the horror

So Daario and Jorah have set off to track a creature that can fly??? I guess Daario will get Aragorn level tracking skills in season 6.

I thought that seemed awfully silly. Like, track her how? Randomly go throug the countryside saying, hey seen a dragon lately? No, okay thanks. Heard of any missing or incinerated animals around?

All the stupidity of this season came full circle in this episode. It was truly a terror to behold. At least now winter is gone and spring has come.

Could the Battle of Ice have been any more underwhelming? Instead of Stannis liberating the North from the Ironborn, winning Northmen to his cause, and surrounding Winterfell just as the political tensions there are coming to a head, we have Stannis sulking over the fact that sacrificing Shireen failed, limping up to Winterfell with an disorganized mob, and getting unceremoniously trounced by the antihero Ramsay. The battle was so anticlimactic that I was somewhat confused about what happened. Ramsay suddenly has an army? What happened to having no hold on the North? Oh, those must all be Northmen who sensibly decided to side with Sansa after she freely married into the Boltons.

I'm honestly not upset about spoilers, because Gaston & Lefou's simple, boring, stupid version of the Battle of Ice - which, to them, was really just a coda to the crescendo of burning Shireen - was completely different from the complex, suspenseful, realistic centerpiece of the whole Northern storyline in the books. For instance, are we honestly supposed to believe that the Manderlys aren't going to have any effect on the outcome of the battle?

Of course, Brienne, who takes her duty to find and protect Sansa so seriously, abandons her post when REVENGE presents itself. The ambiguous ending with Stannis’ fate was cheap and meaningless. Alive or dead, he’s irrelevant, now. If alive, he has no army, no friends, and no family. What would he do? And why would any viewers care, now that he is one of the worst villains in the entire story? Honestly, I hope they put poor Stannis – who, despite being wonderfully cast by Stephen Dillane, was totally botched from start to finish – out of his misery. Hell of a job, Gaston & LeFou!

Theon jumps off walls of Winterfell into a snowbank with Ramsay’s wife? Check! Oh, we just established this episode that the snow all melted? Whoops, oh well! Aim for that snow patch!

As expected, Saint Tyrion gets Barristan’s job, because he’s so perfect. Meanwhile, Daario and Jorah team up to go hunt some orc…uh, I mean, rescue Dany. The reappearance of Varys was unwelcome. Brace yourself for more pretentious and anachronistic philosophizing. Next season they’ll be paraphrasing the Declaration of Independence and the Gettysburg Address.

So after all that, Myrcella dies anyway - and by poison lipstick, for crying out loud? Wow. When Ellaria and the Sand Snakes all swaggered away from the dock as if they had accomplished something – and not just murdered an innocent child who wasn’t even an heir or anybody important – I literally laughed out loud. They were directed to come off as badasses, but they just looked like dumbasses. Just last episode, Doran explained to them that any further violence meant death. Are they really willing to die just to stick it to a random Lannister girl? "You marry the good girl but you want the bad pussy." Beautiful summation of the show’s gross caricature of Dorne. Bravo, Gaston & LeFou, bravo!

Good lord, the Walk of Shame went on for way too long. Gaston & LeFou will take a butcher knife to vital parts of the story, hacking characters, scenes, and themes to pieces, but they’re absolutely uncompromising when it comes to nudity. They’re visionaries, really.

We get a long, pointless scene with Drogon, after he was the star of the last episode, but a grand total of a few seconds with Ghost all season long? Makes sense.

OL-LY! OL-LY! OL-LY! OL-LY! I was actually excited for this, in a morbid sort of way. I was not disappointed. The crowd parted and the music played, Olly gave Jon one last crushing look of disapproval, Jon uttered his last words – "Olly!" – and then it was finished. We were mocking Gaston & Lefou’s ham-fisted foreshadowing all season long, and yet the final scene was actually worse than we imagined! They are melting down so badly that they are becoming immune to parody.

In sum, this season was a crime against "A Song of Ice and Fire." Gaston & LeFou are stomping and spitting on the story. Anyone who loves the books - or even just has two brain cells to rub together - should be outraged and offended by this atrocity.

So apparently Melisansbra's blood magic will work next season to resurrect Jon, but all Stannis got was an "I went all the way to Winterfell and all I got was an I burnt my daughter" T-shirt

who will mel burn to bring jon back?

Let's hope Olly

I was half expecting Lady Stoneheart to appear and stab Jon also. Why else include her if not to remind people that Cat didn't love Jon?

Archived