Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

Chebyshov

How can Dorne actually go to war if Tryst is a hostage, what's sad is we know Dorne will be back next season, Bizzaro Ellaria, Bad Pussy, Mug Shot, and Slappy. Oh boy can't wait for that.

:lol:

I don't think Ellaria and the Snakes give a shit about Trystane. The four of them are just hellbent on taking down the Lannisters.

I think so. Plus, I think Mel's look to him and the look he gives her back is enough for us to realize that he figured out that Shireen was gone.

And he did nothing at all, right? :dunno:

Considering Mel has realised she's a farce by now, wouldn't be logical that she has seen her faith completely failed and wouldn't try to even defend herself?

People. Dorne cannot go to war anyway. There are only 20 people living there. No wonder Doran sits on his ass all day. I mean, what kind of stupid as fuck send off was that for the princess of Westeros and the son of the prince of the dorne? 6 people at the boat ramp?

oh right, they spent all their money on hardhome and dragons.

So apparently Melisansbra's blood magic will work next season to resurrect Jon, but all Stannis got was an "I went all the way to Winterfell and all I got was an I burnt my daughter" T-shirt

who will mel burn to bring jon back?

Let's hope Olly

did burning shireen teleport him closer to Winterfell. I mean I thought when he burned Shireen he was fairly far away, but i guess Winterfell was within walking distance.

...wait... so leeching a king's bastard gets you 2 dead kings from across the continent, and erases a third from existence...but burning a virgin princess gets you warmer weather? I'll admit I slept through Economics of Blood Magic 101, but at this point I'd have Stannis pumping out bastards left and right and just leeching them. Shireen lives and Stannis takes Westeros and Essos and Whereeverthefuckelsehewants-eros. Brings in a totally new meaning to 'plunging Lightbringer into his beloved.'

:lol:

Posted this in the Sansa thread but it's more on topic for this thread;

Guys.... this show has become lame.... This season finale was really weak. Sansa's storyline was really bad this whole season. Theon/Reek wasn't done particularly well. Dorne was bad. House Bolton is untouchable, Stannis' character was ruined in a span of two episodes. I've never felt less enthusiasm for the future of this story than I do now, as far as the show goes. I'm enthusiastic for TWOW

It feels like there are only two sets of "bad guys" right now; the Boltons and The Others. And no one seems to be able to do a thing against either of them. Actually I suppose Petyr deserves to be counted as a third villain. It feels like this story and the characters it features have grown so far removed from what they were when the story was most engaging in the first 3/4 seasons. IMO

I've had to bribe my shownly boyfriend to suffer through these with me - someone who was once absolutely obsessed with the show. And none of my other friends liked this season - both shownlies and book readers alike. So that's something?? We are not alone! Even though it definitely seems that way the majority of the time.

I'm glad to hear that. :)

Five years from now, I hope whenever someone brings up GoT there are people around who respond with "That show with shocks and over the top edgyness? Na, that was cool for a time, but it turned to shit." I hope to hear it in the future.

People. Dorne cannot go to war anyway. There are only 20 people living there. No wonder Doran sits on his ass all day. I mean, what kind of stupid as fuck send off was that for the princess of Westeros and the son of the prince of the dorne? 6 people at the boat ramp?

oh right, they spent all their money on hardhome and dragons.

Hardhome I would've still tried to film, but a decent battle on the ice might have been a better use for the money.

Speaking of heirs

Vale-Robyn the sickly, no siblings

Martell's sent their only heir off to certain death, no siblings

Tyrell-Loras is a prisoner of the faith, sibling is Margery also prisoner of the faith

Starks-bran is a tree, Arya a FM, rickon MIA, Sansa-dead in the snow at the base of Winterfell

Lannister-Tommen with no heirs coming

Baratheon-Line eliminated

greyjoy-Reek rhymes with no penis, Yara alive and well

Tully's-Line eliminated unless Edmure turns up

And he did nothing at all, right? :dunno:

Considering Mel has realised she's a farce by now, wouldn't be logical that she has seen her faith completely failed and wouldn't try to even defend herself?

The look she gave was stunning. She actually looked like she was gonna cry when they learned half of the army deserted and took the horses, which, coincedentally, she found one and left on it.

That's the funny thing about the WoS. I thought it was great. They did an awesome job of almost completely capturing the chapter in the books. The thing is, it makes it all the more frustrating knowing they are capable of that when the rest of the episode is filled with their bullshit nonsense. The WoS scene will rightly be lauded by critics. The Dorne shit will be forever be the weak link of the season. The former was incredibly true to the books. The latter is a fanfic wankfest.

I did like the WoS very much. Even if I absolutely hate the short hair wig and am not crazy about the pickle smeared on her. Why was that the only good scene this episode? Because the scene is Lena's acting, and Lena's acting alone. There's none of their subpar mediocre dialogue to fuck it all up.

I'm glad to hear that. :)

Five years from now, I hope whenever someone brings up GoT there are people around who respond with "That show with shocks and over the top edgyness? Na, that was cool for a time, but it turned to shit." I hope to hear it in the future.

I don't hope to hear this, but I fear it is exactly what will happen.

Game of Thrones is the new Lost.

The look she gave was stunning. She actually looked like she was gonna cry when they learned half of the army deserted and took the horses, which, coincedentally, she found one and left on it.

Well, I suppose that in the books, either Davos or Stannis could have killed her just right there for being a failure.

But of course, D&D wouldn't lose the one actress that it's ok with taking off her clothes.

Archived