Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

Chebyshov

And Margaery and Loras fell into the Riverlands Wormhole, never to be seen or heard from again

LOL I thought of that, too, just haven't gotten around to bitching about it. And, by the way, ya'd think Olenna would at least want to see the spectacle of Cersei, but noooooooooo, that might have reminded us that the other Tyrells were MIA? Plus, why not just address that, somehow, at least Marg got out of Religious Jail? If not Loras, too? Oh, we'd be reminded of all the men and supplies that the Tyrells have that somehow, they now don't, even IF Olenna is threatening the High Sparrow with it.

Oh, and nitpick, but.......didn't the septas say, Shame, shame, shame on the sinner, shame, shame, in the books? Hell, I thought that was irritating in the books, til the show cut it down to just the word Shame. I noticed that, and thought about it, during the walk scene, that they even had to change those words, and it was irritating, LOL

79 pages HOLY CRAP, I need to read up.By the time I finish the thread will probably be locked because of length.

Anyway, quick thoughts up the top of my head:

-OK, now it is officially confirmed Shireen died for fucking nothing.

-No Varys at KL...

-Was it REALLY that necessary to see Meryn Trant beat up those girls?

They didn't. The part you saw in the last episode with Tyrion and the gang was in the afterlife.

That would make sense then why everyone was figuratively sucking St. Tyrion's cock and Varys appeared out of nowhere and there's no Harpy threat anymore and the people of Meereen are totes cool with St. Tyrion and Grey Worm ruling them, but weren't okay with Dany ruling them, and why St. Tyrion is going to be a smart and benevolent ruler of Meereen.

Wait.

I think all the cliffhangers 'did they die/didn't they die' will all have died but Jon (maybe, and show only), and Sansa & Theon. But I *think* we're supposed to be left wondering about Sansa and Theon too.

Funny thing, Hannibal's s 2 ended with all major characters on a 'did they die/didn't they die' cliffhanger.

The only real difference is that at the end of Hannibal last year I was surprised, curious, and I cared and wanted to know what would happen next.

AND NO HANNIBAL SPOILERS PLS HAVEN'T WATCHED EP 2 YET TA

Confirmation that tv series is ahead of the books.

Unbeknownst to TV viewers, every character in the final episode was people dying or people in the afterlife. Not one character made it out alive. You really think the sand snakes wanted to give Bronn some "bad pussy," nope he was just dreaming that. Do you really think that Jaime had a touching moment with his incest daughter, nope just wish fulfilment in the afterlife.

So, it's been 30 pages or so since I posted (I think) and I'm still irrationally upset over the possibility that a stupid EW interview spoiled something like Jon Snow's fate. It's not like there are no reasons to think he'll survive. There are many narrative threads that would be left dangling. It's really bothering me.

On topic, I want to talk about Arya again. I've posted here how much I love Arya's House of B&W storyline. I hate that her warning was completely absent. I hate that they dropped Cat. I hate that the struggle isn't "Arya vs. No one" but "REVENGE vs No One."

Mostly, I felt her killing of Trant was terrible. The beating of the young girls was unnecessary. More so, I felt like I was watching a scene from Kill Bill. The way the show portrayed her killing of Trant came off as so cheap. I hated it.

Even though I think the Arya story line was one of the least botched this season, it still left a lot to be desired. My biggest complaint is that the tone of the HOB&W and of Arya's training in it is off in a lot of ways. They seemed to want to overemphasize the antagonism of The Waif and Jaqen, where the former always has a smug sense of "She doesn't belong here. She's not ready." from the very beginning to the very ending of the season. There's no bonding over them learning the other's language. The lying game is just all about hitting Arya with a stick. Jaqen's beating Arya with a stick is also completely out of character. In the book this only happens after Arya has gone blind (which, while it was also a punishment in the book, didn't have the horror movie connotation of the same scene in the show) and it seems like it's obviously a way to help Arya develop her other senses. The show has boiled this down to "You're wrong. SMACK." Then they jumble up her plot elements to no real purpose, think that Needle symbolizes revenge, and neglect to mention any of the history that makes the Faceless Men so interesting. Not to mention the whole sloppiness regarding Arya just slipping on a face like it's a ski mask.

We should do a segment of show-apology "wisdom", and how it's debunked.

- "D&D vastly improved the books by cutting the Greyjoys."

Well, it seems they went out of their way to wipe out chunks of characters (including freaking Jon Snow!) to leave room for them and the Tarlys, among others.

- "ADWD sacked because there were too many cliffhangers".

Well, self-evident after the season finale.

Still catching up on the thread, but I can't seem to bother doing a full-fledged composite rant.

Unbeknownst to TV viewers, every character in the final episode was people dying or people in the afterlife. Not one character made it out alive. You really think the sand snakes wanted to give Bronn some "bad pussy," nope he was just dreaming that. Do you really think that Jaime had a touching moment with his incest daughter, nope just wish fulfilment in the afterlife.

Agreed. And Reek escaping Ramsay? Not in a million years.

Even though I think the Arya story line was one of the least botched this season, it still left a lot to be desired. My biggest complaint is that the tone of the HOB&W and of Arya's training in it is off in a lot of ways. They seemed to want to overemphasize the antagonism of The Waif and Jaqen, where the former always has a smug sense of "She doesn't belong here. She's not ready." from the very beginning to the very ending of the season. There's no bonding over them learning the other's language. The lying game is just all about hitting Arya with a stick. Jaqen's beating Arya with a stick is also completely out of character. In the book this only happens after Arya has gone blind (which, while it was also a punishment in the book, didn't have the horror movie connotation of the same scene in the show) and it seems like it's obviously a way to help Arya develop her other senses. The show has boiled this down to "You're wrong. SMACK." Then they jumble up her plot elements to no real purpose, think that Needle symbolizes revenge, and neglect to mention any of the history that makes the Faceless Men so interesting. Not to mention the whole sloppiness regarding Arya just slipping on a face like it's a ski mask.

Yes, I agree 100%. And the one thing they get right, that brief moment of Cat (whatever they called her) wandering the streets, was so short and abrupt that it lost all meaning. I really wanted to see Arya and the Waif bond. But we need that screen time for Olly.

We should do a segment of show-apology "wisdom", and how it's debunked.

- "D&D vastly improved the books by cutting the Greyjoys."

Well, it seems they went out of their way to wipe out chunks of characters (including freaking Jon Snow!) to leave room for them and the Tarlys, among others.

- "ADWD sacked because there were too many cliffhangers".

Well, self-evident after the season finale.

Still catching up on the thread, but I can't seem to bother doing a full-fledged composite rant.

This is another reason why I'm inclined to think Jon's not coming back.

[D&D are torturing GRRM to get answers]

D&D: Tell me about this miserable little story of yours. The books are useless and yet you come all the way back to the studio to get them. Why?

[D slaps GRRM in the face with his glove]

D&D: Why?

[he slaps him again]

D&D: What are you hiding?

[he slaps him again]

D&D: What do the books tell you that they don't tell us?

[he tries to slap him again; GRRM grabs his wrist, stopping him]

GRRM: [through his teeth] It tells me, that goose-stepping morons like yourself should try *reading* books instead of *burning* them!

79 pages....why does this thread start right when I have to go to sleep.

I had a terrible nightmare last night too.

I dreamt that Ramsey won a battle he wasn't even in, that whoever did the research for the GoT writing staff just assumed the pink letter was true in every way...except for Brianne killing Stannis. Man it was like she magically showed up in the middle of the battle like some vengeful Valkyrie terrible and beauti...well not beautiful, terrible and...

terrible..and... I'm at a loss. I'll just stick with terrible.

then Ma-Ma was walking around naked in a scene that went on like a dose of slo-mo.

And then for some reason Master Yoda was dressed like a little girl and killed Meryn Trant...

I dreamt that a fall off one side of the wall killed a girl, but falling off the other side saved a girl.

I dreamt an assassin poisoned someone in full view of several other people and then bothered to drink the antidote to the poison in the off chance no one suspected her.

I dreamt that we finally found out what happened to Benjen, the story was told to me by a massive Troll: he had let wildlings through the wall and Olly stabbed him.

Right so just finished watching.

Good things

Well filmed. It really was. Liked the camera work, it was pretty darn well done.

Some good acting from Stanny the Mantits. Got rid of the two most annoying characters out there in Selyse and Myranda...it's "Myranda Right?" Or, "Miranda Rights?"

Bad Things

E-Ro on suicide watch.

Brienne of Larfe...seriously at least they could have Stannis smirk and say "Renly was never the true king you idiot, I'm his older brother and you serve a bastard born of incest, so fuck off and kill me you hypocrite, my character is already dead." Starting to think that D&D interview in S2 where they said Renly was the best King possible was legitimate thinking and not just pandering for when he died. Speaking of Stannis, lol, the heavy handedness. Your Grace! Everyone has left you! "Shit." Your Grace! "What?" You wife committed suicide. "Shit." Your Grace! "Really?" Melisandre is gone! "What the actual fuck? We march because I'm an idiot." Your Grace! "What the fuck is it now?" We are surrounded by an entire army of cavalry that has us outnumber! "Okay, I fucking get it, killing my daughter was wrong, fuck."

Theon Turncloak. Turned on the Bolton's in their time of need. What a tit!

Ramsay Targaryen. Hope he's actually Faegon.

Is Trystane going to go after Ellaria and Dorkstar is actually Ellaria running to ambush Hotah and Jaime?/Bronn with Obara pretending loyalty? The fuck happened there...also good to know she was mature enough to not only accept...but know her "uncle" was her dad. I know she is a sharp little girl...but damn...just goes to show how dumb Tommen is.

No payoff for Shireen's sacrifice. NONE. He gets the Lord of Light's "blessing..." TO BE KILLED? The fuck? The fucking dumbest shittiest fucking retarded shit I've...ban me. Fucking ehehee. Jeez. Mel looks shaken. What? Is her power false? This wasn't a trap she set? She obviously didn't see snow in the fire. Wtf. They couldn't afford to keep Dillane? I guess that makes sense, no doubt Yara is waiting outside the walls of Winterfell to catch Theon and Sansa and be like "Hey! Remember we're a plot?!"

Ser Meryn Trant's legacy. RIP. How dare you follow the Queen's commands. You truly are a sick fuck., no doubt you are a sadistic pedophile. Wait? He is? Oh good. I thought Arya would have to make a morally compromising decision based purely on personal revenge which in many ways is as bad as the original act.

At least Jon got killed. Loved the troll sign. It was just pathetic enough for me to laugh while Thorne stabbed him for no real reason considering the moron let him and THE ENTIRE horde through the gates. Olly the Potato of Vengeance. Fulfilling the prophecy.

I guess Varys won't kill Kevan, because that would mean 1. Varys is morally grey and 2. Kevan would be doing a good job.

Valar Morghulis S5. I await the next set of fan fiction episodes in S6 - Beyond Thunderdome!

Archived