So he's gone? Dead? Not coming back?

Tooms

He's not pining. He's passed on. This Jon is no more. He has ceased to be. He has expired and gone to meet his maker. He's a stiff. Bereft of life, he rest in peace. If you hadn't nailed him to the perch he'd be pushing up the daisies. His metabolic processes are now history. He's off the twig. He's kicked the bucket. He's shuffled off the mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleeding choir invisible.

This is an ex-Jon.

:D

...For real, though, if Kit isn't coming back, I'm surprised D&D and Kit aren't being more cagey about it. You know, the usual: "Is he dead? Is he alive? Tee hee, we're not saying! You'll have to tune in next year to find out!" That they're all "Yep, he's dead, sorry folks, move it along" is surprising if he is indeed coming back.

Well, I suppose you'll be wanting a new one then... We have a slug.

Just points and points and points to you!!! :bowdown: :thumbsup: :cheers:

I just realized last night I couldn't give a s*** about what happens on the show. I want to read the next 2 books ASAP to see how this story ends. I don't care what they do on the show (even though I have enjoyed it) I think they have made too many nonsensical plot decisions especially this season that just kinda add up to one big WTF?

The quote that keeps playing in my head over and over is "kill the boy so the man can be born"

Same here.

Re: Ghost, besides the cost of animation, I guess the other problem is that if he's always with Jon then it makes it more difficult to have drama/conflict/danger in his storyline if there is this huge wolf there to protect him or intimidate people around him.

The Red God seems to me to be at complete odds Jon's character, background and beliefs so I really hope it isn't Melisandre that brings Jon back - in either the show or the books.

I just realized last night I couldn't give a s*** about what happens on the show. I want to read the next 2 books ASAP to see how this story ends. I don't care what they do on the show (even though I have enjoyed it) I think they have made too many nonsensical plot decisions especially this season that just kinda add up to one big WTF?

Sadly, only the TV show is going to give us a conclusion to ASOIAF. I have a feeling Martin has long given up on finishing the series after ADWD.

Maybe the show finally catching up will give him enough motivation to finish, but if that doesn't do it, then nothing will.

Whilst I've learned to separate the two and still enjoy the show despite some WTF moments, I think if WoW isn't out before next season I'll have to delay watching the show. I'd rather be spoiled for the show than learn what happens from a bastardised version of the books.

Well yes he's dead. However, I seriously doubt that he'll remain in that state. Even the show has created foreshadowing past this point with Jon's Story. After all, if the plan was for him to remain dead, then R + L = J would have already been revealed. Show creators know full well that an audience cares a whole lot less about knowing that sort of secret after all characters involved are dead than if one is still alive. Especially one that has implications concerning the throne. Another point is that there's been foreshadowing of a Jon vs Ramsay conflict for the past two seasons. Now that Ramsay as won and we have Melissandre's vision it stands to reason that Jon will eventually be used to resolve that part of the plot line. Same way Breanne found Stannis in this last episode. 3rd and most important, Melissandre just happens to magically teleport herself out of nowhere just when Jon is killed back to castle black..... Might as well have just kept her by Stannis or away from the wall if Jon was going to remain dead, etc.... The sacrifice of Shireen has to have a purpose as well after all the time Meli has been wanting it. Either way and this is the one thing that surprises me is that even us book readers knew that there was a good chance that Jon would be dead before being resurrected. The skulls around the man - wolf - man vision of this was a clear indication of this as well as the "kill the boy, and let the man be born" quote that is used so often in both the show and the books.

Sadly, only the TV show is going to give us a conclusion to ASOIAF. I have a feeling Martin has long given up on finishing the series after ADWD.

Maybe the show finally catching up will give him enough motivation to finish, but if that doesn't do it, then nothing will.

Martin has recently said that Winds will be out before the next season.

There is a reason why they cut out Lady StoneHeart In the show. I think if major characters were easily resurrected, fans would start getting bored and feel like anyone can be resurrected and wouldn't produce the OMG or WOW factor. By cutting Lady Stoneheart from the show and using the resurrection for Jon Snow instead, that would produce an OMG or WOW factor. This is a non issue in the books because the time frame between each book is so long and the books are much detailed and longer so you can still keep the fans "in it" with multiple resurrections

THIS.

I think this is exactly why they cut Lady Stoneheart, so that Jon's resurrection was not so predictable. I'd bet money on it.

If Jon Snow is dead, what happens to Ghost?

I'm afraid that if Jon is dead, then Ghost would die too. As he is a warg and we've seen before how closely linked Jon and Ghost are, when Jon was attacked at the Fist of the First Men by Orell who'd warged into his eagle with his dying breath after Jon killed him and Ghost felt Jon's wounds when the eagle clawed his face. :(

Same here.Re: Ghost, besides the cost of animation, I guess the other problem is that if he's always with Jon then it makes it more difficult to have drama/conflict/danger in his storyline if there is this huge wolf there to protect him or intimidate people around him.The Red God seems to me to be at complete odds Jon's character, background and beliefs so I really hope it isn't Melisandre that brings Jon back - in either the show or the books.

Isn't it possible though that the red God and the old gods and the 7 are all the same. I mean you take modern religion, most of it with the exception of like Buddhism and Scientology and Hinduism, but the big 3, are all very similar, come from the same region and could just be deviations of one another. Could that be a possibility? It seems the Red God and Old Gods are intertwined because of the Others.

Archived