(Spoilers ALL)Jon's eyes shifted in color.

Snark88

My only problem with jon being dead, is why would D&D then make note of the fact that Martin asked them 'who do you think jons mother is' before they were able to do the show, That would be a wee bit pointless. Unless jon is a huge red haring. but doubt it,

Just because Jon is a Targ, doesn't mean he has to be special or a hero or anything. We assumed because it was hidden/secret that it was important to the story - it usual fiction this might be the case, but these books are not usual fiction.

Like Mel, we look in the flames, see things and fit what we want around it.

AA is bs and probably has always been that way.

I did notice the shifting in Jon's eyes. The problem is that you only notice it because the shot itself is unnaturaly long. And unnaturaly weird.

How come that they can do a good dying shot of pretty much any filler character or even an extra, but we don't get a normal death out of Jon Snow? I mean, the shot looks like it was taken hours after he dies and then he starts bleeding?

On another note, this is the first ending shot of a season that doesn't end with camera focusing out on a larger landscape but focusing in on a very small one... Does this mean that I should kiss good closing shots goodbye?

Maybe he will be LSH next season? Nothing changed colors. Like me, you were praying they would. They didn't. Don't fret. The Red Woman is around too. No other reason for her to be there other than helping in his rebirth. Unless Mel will be LSH next season? LOL.

I fret not, but the whole shot sucks as compared to the closing shots from previous seasons. It pisses me off. The whole season was meh, but to do this to a freaking closing shot!!!!

All the interviews keep saying "he is dead" definitively. So I am taking it to mean, yes he is officially dead and "dead is dead" etc, but that doesn't mean he can't come back from that. The question of Jon Snow's death being one of the biggest cliffhangers of ADWD, OF COURSE they will have Kit and D+D out in interviews saying that he's gone, that it was his last day on set, etc. Anything else would answer the question and end the speculation for book readers and show watchers alike. I think it's one big misdirection. Melisandre is back at the wall, the "showdown" with the Night's King, etc...

Yea they will push this "he's dead, its over" line on everyone until the buzz settles and the hype fades off.. then they'll get back to work.

If you think KH will not be in this show after last night then you know nothing, show watcher.

You really can not take anything said in an interview as true at this point.

Everyone clearly has to answer that Jon is dead. Jon is not coming back, etc because anything other than that would spoil the intended cliffhanger.

E10 should have been called "Cliffhangers"

Jon - Shown to get stabbed, but everyone expects him to survive.

Dany - Surrounded by a hoard of Dothraki with no Drogan - would likely be enslaved / dead

Myrcella bloody nose -dead maybe.

Stannis - sentanced to die - Dead maybe

Sansa / Theon - Suicide jump - logically dead, but we dont know.

Arya - Blind (book readers understand but show viewers might think she is dying)

Tyrion - Alive but hatching a plan with Varys (kind of up in the air)

Dario/Jora -Yolo mission to save Dany on their own (seriously wtf)

All the Tyrelles - No mention of them at all. I guess they chill in cells and the QoT is pouting.

Littlefinger - Guess he is MIA

Melisandra - Defeated but is at the wall why?

Almost every single story line this season ended in some form of cliffhanger (other than possibly Cersei).

Seems to me like D&D are really trying to let GRRM get his book out and conclude some of these cliffhangers before they do.

Have they even discussed AA in show canon? I mean this works if so...

Also what Jaqen says to Arya in this episode which is part of FM/Many Faced God / Red God mythology- "Only Death May Pay for Life".

So Shireen, Stannis, and Selyse can "pay" for Jon's life?

Especially because Shireen already died and was sacrificed to Rhollor and Jon was killed in Ice? Technically doesn't the Red God owe a life?

A poster from 2 years ago picked up on this:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/79070-jaqen-hghar-and-the-red-god/

Also

SPOILER:

"Do you think this is an angle Martin is intentionally playing, like a kind of simmetry between life and death? Are there other instances of this in the series?

And if so, do you think someone needs to die so Jon can be reborn?" posted by Jon of the Dead on this thread: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/95994-only-death-can-pay-for-life-revisited/

Shit so D&D spoiled the shit out of TWOW by saying GRRM told them about Shireen- we know who "pays" for Jon's life now and it is probably Shireen and Mel kills her.

The whole Olly plot was not a Chekhov's Gun it was a Red Herring. They think they are smarter than book nerds! Ha doubtful! To hammer home the point we have Jaqen tell ARYA who is the closest Stark to Jon " only death may pay for life".

Also the horses? Mirri Maz Dur pretends that the horse will be enough but if Mel was lying to Stan she saw in the fires that Jon is AA reborn and she would need powerful blood magic to resurrect him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2MGg_8TF9g

My only problem with jon being dead, is why would D&D then make note of the fact that Martin asked them 'who do you think jons mother is' before they were able to do the show, That would be a wee bit pointless. Unless jon is a huge red haring. but doubt it,

Right? Really his whole death seems pointless at this stage. Especially without the pink letter and the intent to march on Winterfell.

UNLESS when D&D answered GRRM correctly about Jon's parentage, he replied. "Yes thats right, good for you. Now if you can leave that completely out of your version, you can do the show." Maybe that was the deal...

Have they even discussed AA in show canon? I mean this works if so...

Also what Jaqen says to Arya in this episode which is part of FM/Many Faced God / Red God mythology- "Only Death May Pay for Life".

So Shireen, Stannis, and Selyse can "pay" for Jon's life?

Especially because Shireen already died and was sacrificed to Rhollor and Jon was killed in Ice? Technically doesn't the Red God owe a life?

A poster from 2 years ago picked up on this:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/79070-jaqen-hghar-and-the-red-god/

Also

SPOILER:

"Do you think this is an angle Martin is intentionally playing, like a kind of simmetry between life and death? Are there other instances of this in the series?

And if so, do you think someone needs to die so Jon can be reborn?" posted by Jon of the Dead on this thread: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/95994-only-death-can-pay-for-life-revisited/

Shit so D&D spoiled the shit out of TWOW by saying GRRM told them about Shireen- we know who "pays" for Jon's life now and it is probably Shireen and Mel kills her.

The whole Olly plot was not a Chekhov's Gun it was a Red Herring. They think they are smarter than book nerds! Ha doubtful! To hammer home the point we have Jaqen tell ARYA who is the closest Stark to Jon " only death may pay for life".

Also the horses? Mirri Maz Dur pretends that the horse will be enough but if Mel was lying to Stan she saw in the fires that Jon is AA reborn and she would need powerful blood magic to resurrect him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2MGg_8TF9g

how will he become that?

here's my tinfoil theory, what if Melisandre realizes that it's Jon as the ptwp and she becomes enamored with him. The Nights King feel inlove with a foreign woman before (and she took his soul).

edit: not sure if this is the right place, but Im very seriously considering Jaime Lannister as AA and Bran as the champion of the others

I watched this twice (because I couldn't believe that he wouldn't say "Ghost") and noticed his eyecolor changing even on a rather small screen.

But I brushed it aside as "you're imagining things".

It damn right changes. How in the world could that be coincidence?

GHOST PLEASE RESCUE US/THE SERIES!!! :bowdown:

Archived