(Spoilers ALL)Jon's eyes shifted in color.

Snark88

Interesting observation of the blood flow. I was annoyed that they did not show the smoke and just had a bunch of gut shots.

When Jon is laying there and the blood pools, did you notice how dark they made it. Clearly it is blood, but the darkness and the way it moves is gas-like, or should I say smoke. If you look at the edges of the blood pooling, it sort of swirls as a gas would. It seems like an interesting interpretation of the smokey wound.

That was my interpretation as well. It just does not look natural. The direction, the swirling. Even the colour seems too dark (however it is nighttime).

The question is, does that mean anything for the future, or was it simply the VFX guy trying to make it look cool and thats what we got.

Most likely, the changes in Jon's appearance and the shape of the bloodflow folks are talking about is no more than the patterns in the wallpaper from the 12 Days of Westeros.

Remember how that went down????

I seriously doubt that D&D telegraphed any subtle hints that something was happening. They want everyone to believe the same thing...Jon Snow is dead, dead, dead.

We're just going to have to wait to find out what they have in mind....maybe Theon is going to be AA...(just kidding...but with their writing, who knows?) It seems like Westeros is running out of potential heroes who understand that the Game of Thrones isn't the big threat. I can't see Euron caring a flip about saving the realm.

Their point is....they "killed the boy."

Warning in to ghost seems like kind of a cheat. I can't imagine they do that.

The thing that got me is that he IS dead, which I believe. That doesn't mean he stays dead. Kit said he's not coming back next season, he didn't say he was ever coming back. No one has said "Jon Snow will not ever be seen again in physical form or spirit or anything like that. The character is done."

You mean like how he introduced Eddard. Gave Eddard extra responsibility as Hand of the King. Made us respect his honour and integrity. Had him uncover mysteries, making it seem he was important to the end game. And how most of the first series/book was based around his family, making it seem like he was central to the entire plot? Oh, but he died in Act I, not Act II...

Yes, I know you are talking about The Hero's Journey, which Eddard's story didn't fit at all, but I couldn't resist. ;)

And now I can't resist responding!

Narratively speaking, Ned's character establishes two very important things. On the one hand, it seems through most of Season 1/A Game of Thrones that he IS the hero of this story, or if not the hero at least it's most prominent protagonist. His death is shocking, but not just to be shocking. It has massive narrative implications, and it serves as notice to the reader that any character is killable. The Red Wedding is sort of like taking that message, and putting it in 50-point bold font.

The other narrative purpose that Ned serves is to kick off the mystery surrounding Jon and his heritage. The dream of the Tower of Joy, all the references to Lyanna's last words and the promise she makes him agree to. And his death in Act I means the story's hero will not find out about his heritage the easy way, because where's the fun in that if Ned says to him "Oh yeah, you're Lyanna and Rhaegar's kid" as they bid farewell early in AGOT.

Anyways, exercise in rhetoric complete!

There's just way too many hints both inside and outside the story, not to mention just structurally in the storytelling art itself, that points to Jon not staying dead permanently.

You guys know that Kit and Nutter and Weiss aren't subject to legal action for perjury by lying about this, right?

Given that we're all Unsullied when it comes to the apparent death of Jon Snow, they can try to make the viewer believe whatever they want. They had two choices in the adaptation of this event: they could show it as an assassination that ends in Jon's death, and not include any hints or foreshadowing that Jon will return to the narrative. OR, they could drop a hint, like making his eyes go white or blue or red or whatever, or cut to Ghost...anything really.

They obviously went with Option A. The logical follow-up to that creative decision being that they stick to their guns when asked if he's dead and gone. BUT IT'S A LIE.

I think that Kit probably doesn't have any lines in season 6 and chances are, they have already filmed his scenes....there's alot going to be going on with the Ironborn and such next season and Bran will have to be back too...but I really don't see them laying a small Kit Harington corpse on a pyre, burning it and Alexander Skarsgard strolling out of the flames, playing a harp.

They are coached what to say when asked about future with the show.

A lot of 'similar' comments have been made by all of the 'dead' actors.

They are protecting the secrets of the show, nothing more.

A nice, big, scary confidentiality agreement helps as well.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if there was a shift in colour or not. It's tv show, if you want that shift to be important you have to show it clearly. If it's so subtle that people have to argue if it happened or not... It means it didn't happen.

Agreed, subtlety generally doesn't seem to be D&D's style and if they were going to purposefully show his eyes shifting in colour, they would have made at least a little bit clearer. And then of course they want people to believe he's actually dead, showing any kind of shift in the colour of his eyes would have made it clear that he isn't, unless he's becoming UnJon.

They have went out of their way to flood the media with Jon is dead rhetoric. 3 seconds after he died there were articles asking him about his death ready to go.

So unless Olly is the Prince that was Promised, he'll be back. There's not much point in even debating it. Wait 2 months and we'll see, they couldn't keep Dinklage a secret in Mereen, so unless every Jon scene is filmed indoors for a whole season we'll know soon enough. There's no way they're leaving him out til season 7.

Here is my problem with this.

If Jon is coming back, and it is all simply misdirection, they still have to keep Kit under contract.

Lets say what they told him is true. He is done, not coming back except for maybe a corpse scene.

Kit gets a movie contract or other Show that starts filming right away.

D&D call up Kit "hey, so you know how we told you that you were dead?"... "well you are not, you actually are alive and will play a huge roll"

Kit - "Dude come on i just signed a contract for XYZ.

That just doesnt work.

Either he is under contract to be available for filming (regardless of if he plays a roll or not), or he is not under contract and is actually dead.

Even if he Wargs into Ghost, they will still need some scenes with his body.

i think he has season 6 off with any scenes with his body etc already filmed....back in season 7 though...also came across a pic yesterday of him trying to go unnoticed at a pub in belfast taken by a local...think i saw it on here somewhere actually...so who knows

I assume the eyes changing color refers to him possibly warging into Ghost.

The thing is, they have made absolutely no mention or even hinted at his ability to Warg (books aside).

I just don't see this as a theory at all really. For the show that is.

He cut his hair for Testament of Youth a long time ago. As Cersei Lannister would say, Hair grows back.

I've looked at that scene and pictures several times and I don't see his eyes changing.

They are leaving it ambiguous like it is in the books.

apparently testament of youth he was wearing a wig

Archived