[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XIX - The season with no reason

Mladen

I would be so annoyed if I were the actress. Knowing that she could have had a real acting challenge playing Alayne in the Vale, but instead she was just a tortured victim again..

Eh, Sophie got some challenging material in Winterfell. She had a great season, and did some of her best work yet. Sansa, on the other hand, had a bad season.

Now, wait and see how this show will just ignore this plot line next year. And Sansa will return to empowered Sansa and become a player yet again to retcon with her book!character.

Yeah, this is exactly what they'll do.

I would be so annoyed if I were the actress. Knowing that she could have had a real acting challenge playing Alayne in the Vale, but instead she was just a tortured victim again..

What acting challenge does the Vale have? Being happy all the time is hardly a challenge.

Did Sansa just serve as a punching bag to serve Theon's development or was I wrong and she actually had an arc of her own?

She didn't really have an arc (accepting her own potential demise, I guess?), but if it's any consolation, Theon really didn't either.

Just checking in since I haven't watched the last few episodes:

Did Sansa just serve as a punching bag to serve Theon's development or was I wrong and she actually had an arc of her own?

Theon didn't really have any character development either this season. Both characters were just a part of the Ramsay show.

I don't get how any of this was more interesting than her being bastard Alayne in the Vale?

I wasn't, not really, and it has no payoff or consequence. All it did was allow the show to skip one location. But it was just filler.

Also why was Myranda the impetus for Theon to finally help Sansa? What was the point of Myranda at all?

There is no point in Myranda, she's just a needed support character. Theon didn't want Sansa get hurt and was far less scared of Myranda that of Ramsay, so he killed her. And then they were both more scared of Ramsay than the fall, so they jumped. Where would they go from there, who knows? Most likely, they'll jump into Littlefinger, who will promptly take her to where ever she is by Alayne II or III in TWOW

Just checking in since I haven't watched the last few episodes:

She may have had an arc as in "character learns not to overestimate her abilities", but since this was filler, it will be retconned to whatever happens in TWOW

She didn't really have an arc (accepting her own potential demise, I guess?), but if it's any consolation, Theon really didn't either.

They only really existed to serve Ramsay Bolton's character, I guess. Theon even got a bad hand, since he became a tertiary character in his own storyline.

Theon didn't really have any character development either this season. Both characters were just a part of the Ramsay show.

She may have had an arc as in "character learns not to overestimate her abilities", but since this was filler, it will be retconned to whatever happens in TWOW

They only really existed to serve Ramsay Bolton's character, I guess. Theon even got a bad hand, since he became a tertiary character in his own storyline.

:dunno:

This show always surprises (by how disappointing it can be).

Pretty pointless use of Sansa this season

All it did was make me hate Ramsay even more but that's it

I guess she can finally claim the North for her own once she actually starts her book plot and not get rail roaded with someone elses

Eh, Sophie got some challenging material in Winterfell. She had a great season, and did some of her best work yet. Sansa, on the other hand, had a bad season.

When Sophie admitted she liked the bedding scene, I thought, well, no nudity is good and she had great face expressions but she seems to be clueless as to why people are outraged over the reasoning and now that the season is over, it only justifies the backlash everyone is throwing in regards to as why her character had to suffer rapes at all? She says she is "half of Sansa and Sansa is half of her". Wow. Her character has been overabused while others characters have been whitewashed and overglorified. Sophie, they are shittting on you girl, wake up.

When Sophie admitted she liked the bedding scene, I thought, well, no nudity is good and she had great face expressions but she seems to be clueless as to why people are outraged over the reasoning and now that the season is over, it only justifies the backlash everyone is throwing in regards to as why her character had to suffer rapes at all? She says she is "half of Sansa and Sansa is half of her". Wow. Her character has been overabused while others characters have been whitewashed and overglorified. Sophie, they are shittting on you girl, wake up.

I think this goes to her age more than anything. If she was an older actor entering this series she may question more of these 'creative' decisions that are happening to her character.

Archived