[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XIX - The season with no reason

Mladen

I am absolutely sure that Sansa is not dead or seriously injured. Her story will go on.

The timeline argument about pregnancies is not wrong, any child would maybe not be born within the timeframe of the books.

But part of bittersweet might be that Sansa (or any other woman) is pregnant and anxious about how that child's future will work out. Who knows, not me but Martin.

I agree with you on Sophie Turner, there is no doubt that the show runners are well aware of her growing appeal, and her age makes her more diverse in the future. She is marketable and they know it.

I believe that if anyone is going to be successful post-GoT, it will be Sophie. She is just that great mix of exceptionally beautiful girl and solid acting skills. Not to mention that being part of X-men franchise is going to do wonders for her.

There's also (and this is a reason I consider it quite unlikely, not just in Sansa's case, but regarding all the various theories people have for this series that involve children being born during the main events) the fact that GRRM has taken five books to advance the course of events by about 2 1/2 years, at most. I'm dubious that there's any room in the remaining books for nine-month pregnancies (at least until epilogues or whatever).

Well, I do believe that Sansa might eventually become a mother. Will it happen in the series? Who knows... We might get some sort of post-ASOIAF WOIAF where she has some children. She may get pregnant during ASOIAF. But, if Martin does her pregnancy like Jordan did with Elayne in WoT, I will throw my books... Thing is that Martin does evolve Sansa as a sexual being too and sex will eventually play part of it. That of course doesn't mean it will include pseudo-incestuous father-daughter rape, or rape at all. I know many people have problems with the concept, but she actually may have sex by her own volition.

I believe that if anyone is going to be successful post-GoT, it will be Sophie. She is just that great mix of exceptionally beautiful girl and solid acting skills. Not to mention that being part of X-men franchise is going to do wonders for her.

I love her and agree, She is a star that has barely taken off compared to where I think she will go. She has it all, the height, tallent, the look, extremely photogenic and personality plus. If she picks the right films and I think she likes the drama, drama, could be eventually Academy Award Nominated someday and maybe a winner.

Well, I do believe that Sansa might eventually become a mother. Will it happen in the series? Who knows... We might get some sort of post-ASOIAF WOIAF where she has some children. She may get pregnant during ASOIAF. But, if Martin does her pregnancy like Jordan did with Elayne in WoT, I will throw my books... Thing is that Martin does evolve Sansa as a sexual being too and sex will eventually play part of it. That of course doesn't mean it will include pseudo-incestuous father-daughter rape, or rape at all. I know many people have problems with the concept, but she actually may have sex by her own volition.

If you think that some years later the kids of all surviving heroes will meet at the train station, platform 9 3/4, then you haven't been paying attention. And Martin probably won't tell us either if Sansa will go out at the age of eighty with a mouth around her clit.

Edit: apart from that I am quite sure she will survive into book seven. But be among the final survivors? Umm - not so sure

Even if Sansa had castrated Ramsay with one hand, beheaded Roose with the other and blown down Winterfell with 3rd wave feminism rhetoric, it still wouldn't be justified because I haven't seen any compelling reason why Sansa would elect to follow LF's plan. And I could write about how stupid LF's plan is until I'm blue in the face...

Same here. The premise from which they started the whole story has no sense so why even bother discussing the events. It's like they started the story wiht : so Sansa is kidnapped by aliens and led to WF and then she...." wait what? After aliens ( or take her to the Boltons) nothign makes any sense.

TV Sansa uncritically doing something incredibly stupid because Littlefinger tells her to is the truest Sansa has been to the books in quite some time.

Which one? She is safe and sound in the Vale taking care of her cousin. If he told her to do something itledto much more positive outcome than in the show so I would call those things ok,not stupid.

We simply do not know what Martin intends to write. But I am quite sure Sansa won't be pregnant in the show if she isn't in the books. And a small hint might be that in this first outline of the story by Martin Sansa indeed gets pregnant by "the enemy".

I simply tried to help out concerning the question if Sansa could be pregnant after that jump and when she might find out. But I don't know more than you and you don't know more than I do. And I will wait and see, and since I believe we will get TWOW before the next series there is no point in getting heated about this topic.

And Jaimeideed is the onewho plots to kill Joff and then blames it all on Tyrion...maybe it's safe to say Martin changed his mind about the first outline.

I think with this chapter Martin is playing games with us, making us believe that Sansa is safe for now and will have some lighthearted girl's adventures to look forward to. While in the next chapters she will suffer gruesome events that are no less horrible than her marriage to Ramsay.

And yes, I by far prefer show Sansa to book Sansa, Sophie Turner has a huge part here. And her Winterfell story was very dense and well done in the show though I would have liked to hear more about her motives to agree to Baelish with so little compunction.

So hard to imagine now....

If you think that some years later the kids of all surviving heroes will meet at the train station, platform 9 3/4, then you haven't been paying attention. And Martin probably won't tell us either if Sansa will go out at the age of eighty with a mouth around her clit.

Wow she can get her mouth around her own clit....nimble.

I just thought of something crazy regarding how Sansa's plot could take off in season 6. Theon got away once but was caught. What if, Theon, Sansa, Brienne and Pod converse briefly after the recovery. Theon and Sansa find a way to double back, though a secret gate in the Godswood that the boys used if Sansa knows about it and go and hide in the crypts, Pod stays too as he cannot ride well, Littlefinger is on his way and maybe Sansa thinks he can help or will help her when arrived. Briene is told about Bran and Rickon and Jon being LC of the NW and she makes for Castle Black. Sansa, Theon and Pod are able to survive by Pod sneaking out and getting food as no one there knows him, blending and people start dissapearing, the hooded man plot etc.

The point is, Ramsay is a great hunter and Theon knows from experience, so, by splitting up, Brienne can ride and ride North, by herself, she will be fine, Sansa and theon are not with her so who would bother her from Bolton's men? Bolton's men will be sent out of castle to find Sansa after they look inside, thus creating opportunity if and only if they can find that secret gate in the Godswood.

(Remember Bran's dream of a pregnant woman crawling out of the black pool in front of the Godswood, praying for a son to avenge her - not that I hope she is prengant but the woman in the dream had been hiding)

Note, if Sansa is pregnant, maybe praying for a son to avenger her against all who harmed her and her family would open up to many people, not just "daddy Ramsay or grampa Roose". just a thought

TheCasualObserver: The whole plan wasn't for her to control her enemy. The plan was for Sansa to woo Ramsay just like the plan in WOW is for her to woo Harry the Heir. I don't think that Sansa was "dumb" this season at all. I don't think she was a "victim". If anything Sansa saved Theon, not the other way around. The only time we saw Sansa as a "victim" and sullen was the first time she sees Theon after the rape. When she is bruised and dressed in a shift, begging Theon for help. The next time we see her, she's dressed as a lady and waiting for Theon when he comes in with her meal. That moment showed me that she was going to start finally taking responsibility for what happened to her. She was no longer "waiting for rescue", she was going to be a catalyst in her rescue. If anything the whole coming down the stairs in the raven dress did her a disservice. It showed how Sansa was still naïve. She thought she could walk the walk before she even knew to talk to talk so to speak. Like many young adults. They get one thing right and now they know everything. She thought she was a player, that Littlefinger was eating out of the palm of her hand. Boy was she wrong.

Like you said, yes the Vale was safer. She didn't know when she was leaving that she was headed into Bolton territory. So you can't say that she didn't have a intelligible argument for why she should stay there. To me I think the most disservice was done to BriPod waiting for 10 episodes for a candle. -.- Bri says Sansa is in danger even if she doesn't know it, hello why are you waiting for a candle then! -.- My original hope was that Pod would play a huge role in Sansa's escape. Everything coming full circle for her, releasing that the songs are not always written for who you would expect and that sometimes the true heroes are not lords or kings, but a squire to a woman who is not a knight. That's the romantic side of me though and probably why Sansa is one of my favorite characters.

Well, I do believe that Sansa might eventually become a mother. Will it happen in the series? Who knows... We might get some sort of post-ASOIAF WOIAF where she has some children.

That's why I specified during the "main events". I've always expected the final chapter of this series to be a Bran POV that is full of hints and teases about what the future holds.

Yep, Theon though, not sure but if he survives, he may try to get back to the Iron Isles if he finds out his father dies, when he dies, eventually?

Theon is one of those characters whose future plot role I find impossible to guess. In the books it kind of feels to me like he's more or less exhausted his role in the larger story, but given that I had a hard time seeing what he would do post-ACOK, only for him to get such a great story, perhaps there's more in store.

I also find it easier to envision more of a role for the TV Theon than the book version, perhaps because Alfie, while doing a great job of acting traumatized, just could never be the physical wreck that the book version is described as.

Just because I am not waiting each character to be raped, doesn't mean I am unable to understand ASOIAF, thank you very much. And let we be clear about this, the idea that Sansa has to, under any circumstance, lose her virginity by rape is ridiculous. It is a chance, bad things do happen, but it is not the only option, you know.

That's why I specified during the "main events". I've always expected the final chapter of this series to be a Bran POV that is full of hints and teases about what the future holds.

Oh, no, i agreed with you. Sorry, if that didn't come across as it should have.

I think that to a certain degree, ASOIAF can be finished like WOT, with the main catastrophe averted, but some questions remaining unanswered. Jordan's wife is publishing WoT compendium which is supposedly containing some things of what is happening post-WoT. Perhaps, that is how ASOIAF will also roll. Because there are so many questions that I doubt GRRM will be able to answer them. So, that is why I think that there is also that chance of Sansa getting pregnant even after "main events".

People need to stop acting like there was zero middle ground between sending her to WF and either having her sitting in the Vale doing nothing or sitting out the season. They had LF, Robin, the Vale Lords, and the springboard of Lysa's death all set up to give Sansa a meaningful training plotline at the Vale (parallel to Arya). Granted, they probably would've had to cut her down to 5-6 episodes like they did Arya, but I think there is more than enough potential there.

Show a bit of Sansa learning how to navigate the Vale and its politics, actually develop her complicated relationship with LF (the first part of s5 did not do a great job), and show the two executing LF's plan we saw at the end of Feast, including potentially offing Robin. Have her struggle with the question of whether she really wants to get vengeance for her family or not, have her hear about "Arya" being at the mercy of the Boltons. Frankly, I think this should have been happening more in Feast/Dance, but George is dragging it out...

The climax could've been Sansa revealing herself at large (though I guess they did kinda spoil this with 4x08) and/or calling upon the Vale to march North to WF, or whatever happens in the books.

The real reason this wasn't done is because they probably 1) didn't want to bother creatively so they just stuck her in WF which they knew would generate automatic interest and 2) didn't want to deal with expanding on the Vale location and casting. So I don't know.

EDIT: lol i'm reading the past few pages now and seeing a lot of people saying the same thing. Blackfish showing up could've been cool. I agree the Vale plot as it is in the books would be boring on TV, but they could make it good.

Wow she can get her mouth around her own clit....nimble.

I am not a native English speaker so please someone enlighten me:

Does my sentence really suggest she has her own mouth around her clit?

I may be a bit of a grammar nazi im my own language but I should refrain from trying that in another one ;)

I am not a native English speaker so please someone enlighten me:Does my sentence really suggest she has her own mouth around her clit?

I may be a bit of a grammar nazi im my own language but I should refrain from trying that in another one ;)

not a native speeker too, I was corrected about the same mistake, though not the same context, saw a joke in there couldn't resist...

People need to stop acting like there was zero middle ground between sending her to WF and either having her sitting in the Vale doing nothing or sitting out the season. They had LF, Robin, the Vale Lords, and the springboard of Lysa's death all set up to give Sansa a meaningful training plotline at the Vale (parallel to Arya). Granted, they probably would've had to cut her down to 5-6 episodes like they did Arya, but I think there is more than enough potential there.

Show a bit of Sansa learning how to navigate the Vale and its politics, actually develop her complicated relationship with LF (the first part of s5 did not do a great job), and show the two executing LF's plan we saw at the end of Feast, including potentially offing Robin. Have her struggle with the question of whether she really wants to get vengeance for her family or not, have her hear about "Arya" being at the mercy of the Boltons. Frankly, I think this should have been happening more in Feast/Dance, but George is dragging it out...

The climax could've been Sansa revealing herself at large (though I guess they did kinda spoil this with 4x08) and/or calling upon the Vale to march North to WF, or whatever happens in the books.

The real reason this wasn't done is because they probably 1) didn't want to bother creatively so they just stuck her in WF which they knew would generate automatic interest and 2) didn't want to deal with expanding on the Vale location and casting. So I don't know.

Completely agree...

Regarding the second point in the last paragraph of your post, they already had entire casting. Perhaps they could have included Harry and that would be pretty much everything. I sincerely have no idea why Vale was cut, when the symbol of idiocy and pointlessness Dorne was this season made the cut.

Archived