Stannis vs. The rest

Coldf00t

I have the impression that there are a lot of Stannis supporters here on this forum whereas basically everyone I know (they are mainly show watchers and haven't read the books or hang around on fan forums) are Daenerys/Jon/Tyrion fanboys.

Now first of all does anyone share this impression?

And secondly why do you think that is? Only because of the way they are depicted in the show? Or because the people on this forum are generally deeper into the whole thing and therefore have a different view on things? Or for some other reason?

I myself find it hard to form a proper opinion about Stannis. I think that from the start on for whatever reason I simply cared less about his storyline than about other storylines. Then during the buildup to the Battle of the Blackwater I got more aware of him but once he lost that I found it kind of hard to take him serious for a while.

However after I realized how many Stannis/Davos fans there are I took a closer look and actually started quite liking him. Maybe after a re-read I would like him even more but still it surprises how little I cared from the start compared to how many people love that guy.

Any thoughts on this are very welcome!!

Archived