So Who is Actually Dead? [All Spoilers]

Myrcella is dead.

Trant is dead.

Sansa and Theon are alive.

Stannis, I'm not sure about, I can't really see much of a reason for Brienne keeping him alive, unless she wants a public confession of his crimes, or she wants him to provide proofs against Tommen. The practical issues involved in tryin to keep him alive and bringing him back to KL seems ridiculous. Would she keep him alive so he can take the Black? I guess its possible that he is alive but it wouldn't make much sense

Myranda, Shireen, Sleyse, all dead.

I guess we will see about Jon. I think the actor was burned out on doing the show, so I'm sort of up in the air about his fate.

Stannis' death was satisfying in the sense that we don't have to endure more suffering.

He's 100% dead though, it was a final parting shot at his fans to have it off-screen, that was basically the theme of the episode. It's painfully obvious the agenda against the character. The mercy was welcome.

Theon and Sansa are the only two alive, but if they're not seriously injured I will laugh. That drop they showed was absurd, they might as well find Lysa jogging around if they're okay.

I think you are doing it wrong.

You should reason in terms of plot lines, not in terms of ``who was shown to be dead''.

Sansa & Reek / Theon -- clearly alive, although it requires some suspension of disbelief. In the books there was a ramp of snow, and there was much more of it. And reek broke his leg too.

Why shouldn't one reason about what happened on a tv show in terms of what was shown on screen? If the jump didn't look survivable - I wouldn't expect them to survive. They even showed that it was really high, and that there were NO snow drifts. And also the story they were telling (weather change due to Shereen burning) implied that most of the snow is gone.

Sansa and Theon - dying from a fall would be very anti-climatic, I don't believe it would make for good television either, they are alive

It's bad television eighter way. If they are dead, it's bad for the long term story and future episodes. If they survive it is bad for the episode which shows them in a situation that they shouldn't survive.

My guess is that Stannis is dead.

I think they jumped his ultimate arc because it might have been difficult to have Dany kill him for some reason in the slayer of lies prohecy without Faegon. My guess is that he burns Shireen in the books to defeat Dany.

Dany probably beats up the Boltons instead. My guess is that Stanis wins winterfell in the books.

That depends on what the definition of "is" is. Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Trant...kilt.

Myranda...kilt.

Stannis...I've got to say he died. Stephen Dillane gave the performance of the season as a man driven to the brink and realized at the end it was all for nought, and submitted to the inevitable.

Myrcella...I think she's dead. Cersei's got to start losing kids, and there has to be a reason for Jaime to be banished to the Riverlands.

Jon...I kind of hate Kit Harington for the stupid EW interview, but the Jon we knew is dead. Jonor Snowhai on ice is my guess.

Theon/Sansa are probably banged up and on the run but alive.

Not the Mountain anymore. Hooray!

Btw, did it bug anyone else that Theon and Sansa didn't even try to climb down the wall, or look for a safer place to jump?

Although I'm certain they survived and probably not significantly worse for wear, yeah, that jump was more than a little too high to be believable, even into a snowbank.

Although I'm certain they survived and probably not significantly worse for wear, yeah, that jump was more than a little too high to be believable, even into a snowbank.

It's no different than the books, is it? Winterfell's walls are extraordinarily high and Theon and Jeyne jumped from them,

Based on this episode, in THE SHOW, who do you think is actually now dead???

Stannis - probably dead

Sansa & Reek / Theon - probably not dead

Myrcella dead

Jon - dead, but not necessarily permanently

Ser Meryn Trant? ;) deeeeeaaaaaadddddddd

Obvs Ser Meryn is a joke option. But if anyone is wondering there is no way there would be a rebalancing of the Red God's death programme if Ser Meryn wasn't actually dead.

There is literally no reason for Mel to be back at the wall except to be on resurrection duty. She has no relevance to the story except as a support for AA reborn, and there ain't no one at the wall who remotely qualifies as AA reborn if not Jon. Unless someone wants to theorise how Davos could be him. That would be a twist.

There is a pattern to the episode and it is revealed by the Faceless Man: You have taken the wrong life

And there is a pattern to the possible deaths in the episode. Remember that the title is Mother's Mercy

Easy ones first:

Trant dies instead of the Gambler

Myranda dies instead of Sansa

Sylese dies instead of Stannis? Quite possible, Brienne might decide Stannis too pitiful to kill

That leaves:

Myrcella, possibly Bronn was given an antidote. But who died in her place? If Myrcella dies then Magy got the prophecy wrong, Gold will be their crowns, Myrcella has had no crown yet. But nobody died in her place so it won't last.

Jon, may be resurrected. But someone has to give their life to restore him. Burn the witch!

I think jon snow and stannis are alive. There is zero reason for the cut away if stannis was killed. the whole thing was a weak attempt to make us think stannis died like the pink letter in the book.

next season stannis and brienne likely join up with either little finger or a rebelling northern army.

Obvs Ser Meryn is a joke option. But if anyone is wondering there is no way there would be a rebalancing of the Red God's death programme if Ser Meryn wasn't actually dead.

There is literally no reason for Mel to be back at the wall except to be on resurrection duty. She has no relevance to the story except as a support for AA reborn, and there ain't no one at the wall who remotely qualifies as AA reborn if not Jon. Unless someone wants to theorise how Davos could be him. That would be a twist.

No, she doesn't have relevance as support for AAR either.

Burn her on Jon's funeral pyre to resurrect him.

Myrcella is alive. Tyrstane has the antidote, since it seems like everyone in Dorne has it.

Stannis is alive. He's going to be Brienne's prisoner. She couldn't kill a crippled man.

Sansa and Theon are live. Sansa has broken ribs and Theon a broken leg. Did they fall into the moat?

Meryn Trant maybe, possibly, probably.... No, wait, he's definitely dead.

Archived