So Who is Actually Dead? [All Spoilers]

Stannis is definitely dead. The show is not the kind of show which returns next year exactly where it left off in the previous season finale, so it doesn't make Brienne to have missed or been stopped or whatever. Because the show will pick things up after at least some time has passed, and having Stannis just be alive again and having to explain that would be clunky. I think Myrcella is definitely dead as well although I give her slightly better odds. Next season could have her recovering in bed or whatever. But I think she's dead.S

Sansa, Theon and Jon are all still alive. Well maybe Theon died if he dies somewhat early into TWOW. But no, Sansa is alive and there's absolutely no way Jon is dead. They wouldn't have bought Mel back to the Wall in such a contrived manner if not to resurrect Jon.

wait what? do you have the clip? what does she actually say?

She doesn't say a lot, it's more what she doesn't say. She is asked if Stannis is really dead because they didn't show it on screen and clearly avoids giving anything away then starts saying she gave him a hair cut.

- Selyse - definitely dead

- Stannis - probably not dead. We never saw the body and the old cut-just-before-the-cut is a very old trick in movies - I like to call it a Schroedinger's execution.

- Myranda - definitely dead

- Thelma and-- I mean Theon and Sansa - should be dead, but probably aren't, given what happens in the books

- Ser Robert Strong - definitely undead

- Myrcella - definitely dead. Remember how Tyene told us about how there's only one antidote for the Long Goodbye? Well, I doubt they conveniently left Myrcella and Jaime a bottle of this.

- Trystane - almost certainly not dead. It never even occurred to me that people thought he could be dead until I came to this forum. Personally, I think Doran and Trystane were in on it (watch Doran's nod to Ellaria before she kisses Myrcella) and he's fine.

- Meryn Trant - Fatality.

My predictions

Jon - dead soon to be resurrected

Myrcella - so dead

Theon and Sansa - very much alive,and unharmed

Stannis - alive

in other thread I found this interview and I quoted it :

Weiss noted that when filming a show or movie, the ambiguity of Martin’s final Dance with Dragons chapter is tougher to pull off—a producer typically has to clearly commit to a character’s fate, one way or the other. “In a book, you can present that kind of ambiguity,” Weiss said. “In a show, everybody sees it for what it is. It’s that rule: ‘If don’t see the body then they’re not really dead.’ Like when we cut Ned’s head off, we didn’t want a gory Monty Python geyser of blood, but we needed to see the blade enter his neck and cut out on the frame where the blade was mid-neck—it was longest discussion ever of where to cut a frame; two hours of talking about whether to cut at frame six or frame seven or frame eight. And that’s all by way of saying we needed Ned’s death to be totally unambiguous. I remember reading the book and going back and forth, like, ‘Did I miss something? Was [Ned] swapped out for somebody else?’ There’s a level of ambiguity because you’re not seeing something starkly represented. In the book, you can write around things to preserve a certain level of mystery that you have to commit to on screen.”

So either they are denying what they said themselves for the sake of shock value...which is pretty possible considering or they are saving Stann for one or two more things he needs to do.

I feel like the Stannis/Brienne cliffhanger was a cheap way to keep both options available. Either she killed him as it was made to seem, or she spared him at the last second and will use him somehow.

Dress up as Bolton men, deliver Stannis as a prisoner to Winterfell and get in that way. Maybe Ramsay will instantly recapture Sansa and Theon and season 6 can have another rescue arc, this time with undercover Brienne and Pod. Wouldn't surprise me that much, really. :dunno:

the roles have been kind of reversed...

I have a feeling he is taken the role of Brianne on the book, who is just about to be killed when she says the 'word' and I suspect Stanis will play a big part in getting sansa back to the wall

Jon can not be dead..if they wanted him dead dead they would not have rushed Mel back to wall, there was no need her to go to wall, after all she had deserted Stanis and knows that onion knight is at the wall and he is the last person she would want to meet. My view is with soldiers deserting she had doubts of her vision and returned to wall may be thinking that is where her duty is and Stanis's role in all this is to bring her to wall and she will bring back Jon...He is the base for one of the biggest suspense why kill him off without revealing it, it will be just poor story telling.

Reek and Sana are not dead

others are all dead.

AGREED!

Stannis - maybe not dead, though I doubt his survival will have much meaning: no family, no army, no ships, and Davos and Melisandre are gone. Maybe they kept him alive to help them rescue Sansa.

Sansa & Reek / Theon - not dead for sure.

Myrcella - she has to survive for the prophecy to make sense, but maybe the poison left her damaged in some way (totally different style from Darkstar, but you get my meaning)

Jon - alive for sure.

Ser Meryn Trant - more dead than King Robert Baratheon.

Aww people don't make me hope against hope that Myrcella survived :crying:

Myranda and Trant are dead for sure.

Jon is dead but will be back in some form (Kissed alive by Mel, becoming a White Walker like Coldhhands, warging wathever)

Sansa and Reek are alive for sure.

Stannis could be dead or they do a classic Brienne scene: just as she is about to bring down the sword on him she sees the lgiht of Sansa's candle in the tower -> she forgets everything but her promise to Catlynn and Brienne CHARGE!

They've already said Stannis is dead. And they're saying "Jon Snow is dead". Do we really believe they're doing some big fake out for both Jon AND Stannis? I don't think so.

Stannis's story is over. Mel knows he's not AA, his family is dead, and so is his army. And Davos is never going to follow the man who burned his own daughter. He's got no one left.

Visually Confirmed

Ser Meryn Trant

Myranda

High probability of dead but not shown at exact moment of "passing"

King Stannis

Princess Myrcella Baratheon/Hill

Lord Commander Jon Snow/Targaryen? * (you have to be dead in order to potentially be resurrected)

Open/Flip a Coin

Theon (redeemed, nothing really more for him to do)

Possibly but not likely as there is more to do in their story

Sansa Stark Bolton / Lady Bolton The Lesser

My final pronostic being : in books we"ll see spend time in Ghost, then he'll find a new human body / be revived, in show he'll appear completely dead for one season at least, only being revived if he's completely key to the ending.

Tinfoil ahead: Jon skinchanging into Stannis' body

Now you brought me to a crazy tinfoil idea: what if Brienne spares Stannis, and Jon, after spending time in Ghost will skinchange into Stannis' body??

This would explain why Melisandre always thought Stannis to be AAR :drunk:

So in the end Mel didn't get it completely wrong. Jon would be reborn as AAR in Stannis body.

I'd love to see that scene written in tWoW:

Alliser Thorne surveyed the group of new recruits. One in particular stood out to him: A young boy, no more than 10 or 11, staring straight ahead with a perpetual scowl on his face. Well, what have we here? Alliser thought to himself. He walked towards the boy. As he approached, the boy's gaze shifted to meet his eyes. His scowl deepened. Did he eat some bad lemoncakes? Alliser wondered to himself.

"You there, boy.", Alliser said.

The boy said nothing, but continued to stare in sullen silence.

"Boy, do you have a name?" Alliser tried again.

The boy stared at him. Alliser wondered if the boy was mute. He was about to ask just that when the lad spoke:

"Olly. My name's Olly."

That's a stupid name. But Alliser said "How old are you Olly?"

"Ten."

Too young. "Well, Olly, I must say, you....."

Suddenly Alliser heard something large moving swiftly through the snow toward them. He looked to his right to see a mass of white hair moving impossibly quickly right at him. The two red eyes burned like the fire of the seven Hells.

Jon Snow's bloody wolf. Alliser stumbled backward, reaching for his sword....

Only to watch as the massive white wolf abruptly changed course and lunged straight at the boy named Olly.

The new recuits yelled and scattered as Ghost lept upward, barreling into Olly and knocking the boy onto his back. Olly was screaming and desperately trying to shield his face as the wolf tore at his soft flesh with teeth and claws like razors.

Thorne stood frozen in place. He could barely process what he was seeing.

"Get him off! GET HIM OFF! Help me, please!" The boy cried desperately. Ghost sank his teeth into the shredded, bloody ruin of Ollys right arm, clamped down hard, and gave a violent yank. Alliser heard bone break and muscle tear as a fountain of red blood spurted onto the snow from the bloody stump where Olly's arm used to be. Olly shrieked with pain.

"He'll kill me! Oh, Gods, HELP!"

Alliser tore his eyes away from the carnage and looked around. All around him, Brothers of the Night's Watch and new recruits alike stood still as statues, watching Ghost savage Olly.

"Help! Help! HELP!" The last word seemed to end abruptly. Alliser looked back and saw Ghost had Olly by the throat. The wolf had lifted Olly halfway off the ground. The boy's head hung limply, as his good arm and bloody stump feebly struck at the wolf's jaws.

The Ghost violently shook Olly the way a dog might shake a rabbit it had just caught.

Suddenly the snows all around Ghost were stained bright red. Olly's body fell limply to the ground. Alliser watched it unfold in slow motion, and saw the snows were becoming redder still. How is that happening?

Somewhere, as if from far away, he heard someone shout out "He bit the lad's head clean off!"

Alliser, not quite understanding why, looked down at his feet.

Somehow, Olly's head had left his body when Ghost had shook him and landed right in front of Thorne. Those dark eyes, which had been so sullen and scowling just minutes before, we now open in an eternal stare at nothing. The mouth hung slackly open, as though Olly had just been stunned by some news. The neck was a ragged mess of bloody flesh.

Alliser suddenly became aware of a sound that sounded much like a dog eating some leftover bones and mutton from the dinner table.

"Oh Gods, he's eating him!" Someone cried out.

Alliser looked back at Ghost. Olly's guts lay open for all to see, and Ghost had his muzzle buried deep in them, noisily chewing and lapping.

Suddenly, Grenn was by his side.

"Ser Alliser, should we do something?"

Thorne watched the wolf as it pulled it's head out of Olly's now empty belly, guts and gristle hanging messily around his jaws.

"No... No." Alliser said. "It's too late. Better the boy than one of us." He looked down at Olly's head still staring up at him. Alliser gave it a small kick and it rolled over to Ghost. Ghost stopped eating Olly's other arm briefly to curiously consider the head, then he went back to his bloody meal.

"Back away, everyone." Alliser said in a whisper that somehow carried around the yard. Alliser looked at them. Some of the men had gone as white as the snow they stood on. A few looked like they might soon part ways with their breakfast. But one by one, they began to melt away from the spectacle of gore in the middle of the yard.

Ghost was now tugging at the bloodly stump of Olly's neck.

"Let's go." Alliser said to Grenn. He turned his back and slowly walked away. He heard Grenn follow behind him.

And a little further still behind him, he heard Ghost continuing to eat what was left of the boy who had been called Olly.

Ah dude that was lyrical. Beautiful and poignant all at the same time. The bit where Ghost bites his head off and shakes his headless carcass around in the snow.....it was just toucan....toucan.

OK

Myranda pumpkin head. Likely Ramsay would still do her.

Stannis: Hope he's dead likely he's not. She Hulk Brienne will use him as a human bargaining chip but unexpectedly bump into Sansa and Reek (it rhymes with...aw never mind) while they're running from WF having survived that 50ft fall. Much hilarity will ensue....good times.

Theon & Sansa: alive he hive ho

Myrcella: deaded. Jamie will now be out for REVENGE. There will be plenty of shocks and unexpected twists as he seeks REVENGE for the murder of his niece/daughter. We have another season of the awesome Dorne storyline to enjoy, can't wait!

Ser Meryn of the Pedo: turns out he was a faceless man all along! I mean the likelihood of Arya just bumping into him on the docks of Braavos while she's out selling cockles and oysters (cockles and oysters, get ur fresh cockles and oysters here!) must be like a billion to one. Coincidences like that just can't happen.

Jon: Dead but soon to be revived by Mel. Oh Mel......Mel, Mel. Bewbs Mel. Mel's bewbs. She will give him the kiss of life while completely naked. The reason she's naked while giving him the kiss of life? Because the writers wanted it that way so creatively it made sense. He won't be the same Jon of course. He'll be undead Jon, totally lacking in emotion and having a constant look of befuddled bewilderment on his face....hold on a sec!

Archived