The wait before Season 6 and tWoW

Technofire

If Jon doesn't show up until the end of S6 and is in just a few scenes, then they may have already shot his scenes.

Winds isn't coming out this year, you'll have to hope for early next year if you want GRRM to get it out before S6. S7 is 99.9% likely to come out before Dream. I don't really care myself, but I know many here do.

Not this again. HBO will finish the series. They won't put the show in hiatus, they won't wait until the 2020s for GRRM to finish the books, they don't owe GRRM anything but money and they are bent on recovering it.

TWOW might come out before season 6. ADOS will not come out before the end of the TV Show

I can just imagine all the salt that will flow upon these forums if the show finishes the story before the books...

Blatantly obvious? Go read Jons chapter and refreshen ur memory, unless Mel intervenes hes DEAD,deal with it. No person can survive 4 stabs (maybe more, we dont know exactly with jons words) in a freezing climate and with noone to help him, its MORE probable that they burn his body directly afterwards than giving it to Mel to do whatever IF she actually tries anything, what Martin says is not reliable, he may very well troll us

Like someone else said, it's blatantly obvious from a storytelling point of view. What's the point of all the R+L=J stuff if Jon just dies? And what's the point of the Varamyr prologue unless Jon temporarily wargs into someone else?

What I do not get is why Davos is at the wall in the tv show?

In my understanding the tv show cannot drop the wall storyline with Davos and Melisandre for season 6 completely. When they pick up the storyline, they have to show what happens to Jon or Jon's body. Unless the wildlings and the nightwatch kill each other and nobody is left to bury the dead, Jon's body will be cremated. Once they burn his body he might have warged into Ghost but can't come back.

Three options:

1) He's dead, Jim.

2) Melisandre revives him and we will know within 3-5 months.

3) The wall comes down burying that storyline along with Davos, Melisandre, Tormund, ... Then he might come back in season 7 when the Dragons have done the White Walkers. If we don't spot these actors for season 6 ...

Not this again. HBO will finish the series. They won't put the show in hiatus, they won't wait until the 2020s for GRRM to finish the books, they don't owe GRRM anything but money and they are bent on recovering it.

TWOW might come out before season 6. ADOS will not come out before the end of the TV Show

Exactly.

It's about a 6 month countdown now for George to finish tWoW before season 6. Seems like a pretty big longshot.

IF there is any chance of the book coming out before Season 6, it has to be finished by Feb 2016 max. As during last book, you need about 3mths editing, printing etc process to release the book, and if there is only delay of couple of weeks, I can see it that HBO might delay season 6 for that (Or they can premiere it in summer instead, if its because of the book release and with known confirmed by GRRM release date, I'll accept the delay of couple of months)

I thought i read they start next month july.

They do, but I am pretty sure that even if Kit is coming back its at the end of the season, so Kit won't have to be there for 3mths+ at least.

Jon's eyes did change colors. That means he's turning into a wight, which apparently only happens if the Night King extends his arms in a "come at me bro" way. So I think next season starts with an attack on the Wall

At death, the eyes stop producing tears and blinking, this allows a filmy gray-white haze to form over the eye. The pupils dilate. Both of those things make it appear the color of the iris has changed. I've got a large TV screen--I stood close to it and watched that part repeatedly, and is what is show--first a haze and then dilation. I say well done on the special effects.

Like someone else said, it's blatantly obvious from a storytelling point of view. What's the point of all the R+L=J stuff if Jon just dies? And what's the point of the Varamyr prologue unless Jon temporarily wargs into someone else?

Exactly! It would not make sense from a storytelling point of view. However it was just explained to me that some people here apparently view the novels as this enigmatic post-modern thing that doesn't have to follow a storyline. So they would obviously disagree that R+L=J or even the series as a whole needs a payoff. To them Jon can just be replaced by Daavos, Melisandre or a random wildling we have never met before, or the whole thing can jst coe crashing down and end.

It's about a 6 month countdown now for George to finish tWoW before season 6. Seems like a pretty big longshot.

Yeah, I believe it when I hold WoW in my hands not one minute before. However I am perfectly fie with the show "sppoiling" the finale.

We will get book 6 some time before season 6. I used to believe Martin wasn't scheduling release dates around the show but now I'm convinced that is the case. The show ended right where the books do. We have minor spoilers but nothing we haven't argued for years now.

We will get book 6 some time before season 6. I used to believe Martin wasn't scheduling release dates around the show but now I'm convinced that is the case. The show ended right where the books do. We have minor spoilers but nothing we haven't argued for years now.

What makes you so sure? That gives him approx. 7 months, we could assume another crash and burn freak show like Dance, and say 8 months. You think he can finish the book in 8 months?

3) The wall comes down burying that storyline along with Davos, Melisandre, Tormund, ... Then he might come back in season 7 when the Dragons have done the White Walkers. If we don't spot these actors for season 6 ...

Yes, I think Jon will return in S7, and the Wall falls at the end of S6 (possibly with the deaths of Davos, Melisandre and Tormund).

Yes, I think Jon will return in S7, and the Wall falls at the end of S6 (possibly with the deaths of Davos, Melisandre and Tormund).

More likely at the end of S6. If they want to avoid leaking news about Harington filming for GoT (either seasons 6 or 7) the obvious thing is to resurrect him at the very end of season 6 (where it makes more sense dramatically), and have him film a quick scene in the studio in secret. That'd be very difficult to get out, and they can keep pretending he's not part of season 6.

They don't even need to show the resurrection, one scene with Jon and Melisandre at the end of s6 is enough to understand what happened. They can also skip the wall storyline entirely until the it collapses. Davos can run into Sansa on the road, tell her he left the CB after Jon's death, Mel disappeared. Bran's plot will mostly be about the children/the others and the magic of the wall.

Archived