Are you guys think that Stannis lose the battle of winterfell? (Spoiler)

Stannis executing the Karstarks and their men might give some of these Northerners pause for thought, that he may kill other Northmen who will not accept him as King.

You say Karstarks are about to get executed because they don't accept Stannis as king?

The other northeners will want to execute Karstarsks themselves once they know what they were plotting.

The other northeners will want to execute Karstarsks themselves once they know what they were plotting.

Good point.

Explicitly referencing Robb Stark, and finding a way to do it without reminding everyone that he considered Robb a traitor, that showed uncharacteristic political savvy for Stannis. Any northerner who hears that will find himself smiling at Stannis's phrasing and taking his side even if he was on the fence.

That's where you're wrong. Stannis plans on executing them because they planned to betray Stannis and were working with the Boltons so they could become the heirs to Karhold.

Any northerner with rational thinking would not turn on Stannis because the Karstarks were planning on not only betraying him but also their own family.

Yes the karstark would have attacked stannis' northern allies as well! Plus I think stannis will make them confess in front of the other northerners in exchange for not being burned.

Not that I think Stannis will be the one to burn Shireen but it's easily plausible. Stannis receives a humiliating defeat, snaps and sends a raven telling Mel to do what it takes to get him victory.

no. And no. He has the IBank. He will get a new army sooner or later. If he has a plan b why will he rush to burn shireen?

Most of the Manderly forces aren't with the Boltons.

The clans won't be expelled from their mountains because they lost a battle in the plain.

Alys Karstark is ruling Karhold.

Vale forces may move north to push Sansa's claim.

Wildling army.

But does it really matter...?

North is doomed anyway because Winter and the Others are coming. Where's the need to make the Starks lose it again instead of the Boltons ?

Everything needed is some PoV around the day the deads will come for them if we want to see Boltons fall.

And even if the story was about the reconquest of the north from the Boltons by the Starks.

What's the interest to make some stranger like Stannis take it for them (without a Stark even being involved) when say Jon can be revived, revealed Robb's heir and conquer it himself (don't think it will happen either, but it would make a far more enjoyable Stark revenge fantasy if it really was grrm goal).

The clans send their man with Stannis if he loses they lose too

Alys isn't in Karhold at the time and the rest of their army went with Arnolf, Vale forces won't go North in the Winter to press a claim for a girl who is being charged for murder...

Rickon is coming back with Davos and Stannis is offering the castles to their old Lords, and Others probably won't go to Winterfell the battle will be at the wall

no. And no. He has the IBank. He will get a new army sooner or later. If he has a plan b why will he rush to burn shireen?

Because he's desperate, delusional and does not have the time to wait indefinitely for Massey to return from Essos.

In his bid to become King he was willing to sacrifice his brother, nephew and uncle-in-law. I can see him getting even more frantic after getting beat by the Boltons and ordering Mel to get him his 'win' no matter the cost.

Yeah if it happens, it might be Mel and Sylese doing it on their own, and not even telling him. If after the dust settles from Jon's death, they end up in charge, who would stand up to them? They'd be free to do it if they thought it was the right call.

Because he's desperate, delusional and does not have the time to wait indefinitely for Massey to return from Essos.

In his bid to become King he was willing to sacrifice his brother, nephew and uncle-in-law. I can see him getting even more frantic after getting beat by the Boltons and ordering Mel to get him his 'win' no matter the cost.

sacrifice his rebel brother who was asking for his corpse? Really? And the florent who wanted to sell Shireen to the Lannisters to keep brightwater? Lets leave the disc here. Is pointless. We have been around this to many times.

Yeah if it happens, it might be Mel and Sylese doing it on their own, and not even telling him. If after the dust settles from Jon's death, they end up in charge, who would stand up to them? They'd be free to do it if they thought it was the right call.

stannis cant do both ep9 and 10 since where he is in the books now. I hope he does not do any of the two, cause they are humilliating, but unlist Im sure one of both cant happen in the book logic up to this point.

Honestly i can't see him losing to the Boltons, specially if Manderly turn cloak.

For me he will win the Battle of ice and unite with Manderly and give him lightbringer to prtend he's dead, at that moment Ramsay will write the pink letter with Stannis army already inside the walls disguised as Freys

Honestly i can't see him losing to the Boltons, specially if Manderly turn cloak.

For me he will win the Battle of ice and unite with Manderly and give him lightbringer to prtend he's dead, at that moment Ramsay will write the pink letter with Stannis army already inside the walls disguised as Freys

So to be very blunt the show ended this season on the everyone is dead (who shot JR X 10) moment. In the books you think characters are dead chapter after chapter, over and over again (sometimes for years) and I think the show was trying to make up for this by ending the season with all of these moments in one episode. In the case of Stannis I think it is a little strange that most of his forces simply run off right before the battle. They are sell swords after all but this still seems very fishy. Also Stannis a seasoned battle commander lets all of his troops simply stand there out of formation while the Boltons cream them. I think there is a good chance that the rest of his troops are attacking the other side of Winterfell and they drew the Boltons out of the castle. I could be wrong, but it would mirror what seems to be happing in the books. Stannis appears to be intentionally drawing the northern forces out in the books and making them fight over a lake of ice. If he is dead or alive, in the books and in the show is up to you to decide.

The clans send their man with Stannis if he loses they lose too

Alys isn't in Karhold at the time and the rest of their army went with Arnolf, Vale forces won't go North in the Winter to press a claim for a girl who is being charged for murder...

Rickon is coming back with Davos and Stannis is offering the castles to their old Lords, and Others probably won't go to Winterfell the battle will be at the wall

So you really think all the Long Night story teased since book one, will just result in some skirmishing at the Wall ?

IMO the Wall is set to fall, and the Long Night and Others invasion will affect most of Westeros (and eventually some parts of Essos too), with humans reduced to a few surrounded starving enclaves, before the problem is eventually solved.

Others have not reappeared after 8000 years to be some pointless filler story in the far north nobody care about. All the serie is about is how irresponsible were the game of thrones players not taking their threat seriously.

Humanity, all Westeros, is set to pay the price for their errors, not just a bunch of wildlings and nights guards.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea I'm

So you really think all the Long Night story teased since book one, will just result in some skirmishing at the Wall ?

IMO the Wall is set to fall, and the Long Night and Others invasion will affect most of Westeros (and eventually some parts of Essos too), with humans reduced to a few surrounded starving enclaves, before the problem is eventually solved.

Others have not reappeared after 8000 years to be some pointless filler story in the far north nobody care about. All the serie is about is how irresponsible were the game of thrones players not taking their threat seriously.

Humanity, all Westeros, is set to pay the price for their errors, not just a bunch of wildlings and nights guards.

Yea I'm kinda with you on that one except on having the others traveling over to Essos.

Speaking for the TV show I think its safe to say Stannis is dead. It sucks I know, I was a Mannis fan (Davos #1) but they totally ruined him in the last two episodes to the point where bringing him back would be retarded since he just lost everything. After they assassinate your character they assassinates you was how Stannis was dropped from the show which frankly, is sad, very bad writing and not deserved. The show only has two seasons left so I'm pretty sure the next season will be dedicated to the White Walkers kicking ass all over the north and possibly the south. This is why Stannis needed to die because now they're isn't a serious military commander or king who actually acknowledges that the White Walkers are coming to kick ass. Personally I'm hoping the Walkers kick major ass or GGRM and D&D are assholes for building them up for five novels and not showing anything in return. I know see Baelish stepping up and kicking ass somehow, the dude is straight crafty but maybe the Walkers will get him too. In the end Dany will come save the day or conquer Westores with dragons which will suck. Hell maybe shell even marry Jon Targ and restore the Starts to WInterfell with Rickon

Now for the books....... Mance wrote the Pink Letter, watch Preston Jacobs video on this it actually makes sense except for the endgame plot. I'm going on a limb saying that Stannis beats the Boltons because I'm still a fan holding on but afterwords hes fucked since he died in the Show. Again killing Stannis actually helps The Others story line since he was the only King to acknowledge them. Personally I wanna see him going down against an Other or Winning the throne only to loose it right away to Dany on the Trident.

or I could be completely wrong as I so often am

BTW Im Sick of Brienne. In the books shes actually pretty legit until she tricks Jamie which may lead to her or Stone Hearts death. In the Show shes even worse, she has now killed two of my top 5 characters. Davos will always be 1# but with my luck OathKeeper is coming right at him

He was willing to sacrifice his nephew, (though he believed that this would be necessary to save the world), Renly was an assassination of a political rival and in his eyes a usurper, Alester's death was an execution.

He was willing to sacrifice his nephew, (though he believed that this would be necessary to save the world), Renly was an assassination of a political rival and in his eyes a usurper, Alester's death was an execution.

Exactly. People are always whining about him burning people when those people are guilty of treason or other such crimes. Renly was going to use a larger force to murder Stannis and steal his birth right for Christs sake. Killing him was the only way for Stannis himself to survive.

Archived