Rant and Rave Without Repercussion 2 (Book Spoilers)

Hoping for a volume two of the thread, considering it's not even been 48 hours since the show aired, and I haven't managed to get a full rant out about it yet, LOL

So, here's Ran's lucky post, and remember, the thread is for discussing things we did not like about the episode, and with it being the season ender, might as well make it about the entire season, or product altogether.

(to quote Ran):

The topic of the thread is discussing things you disliked about the episode. It is not a place to throw insults at one another or to act as if he normal rules of the forum do not apply. Discussion of why people disliked something is permitted, but remember the topic at hand -- this is not a debate thread, it's a discussion thread specifically about episode details or events that posters disliked.

YAY!!!!!!!

:cheers:

I'd like to get into the HoBaW a bit. I don't get that scene. Who is fake Jaqen? A life for a death, fine, but who is that bloke and why is he willingly drinking poison? Why are there two Jaqen faces, two Arya faces? The faces are supposed to be unique, they're actual faces, from actual people. Not something you buy from a wholesaler or at poundland.

I watched the season finale again, but actually got a laugh out of many of the inconsistencies this time instead of questioning them. The traitor sign is still my favorite cameo appearance. Who knew junior high wood shop would pay off.

Were Melisandre and Davos supposed to be the Pink Letter?

And, yes, the Walk of Shame cgi was very jarring. The angle of Cersei's head on the body double was just . . .

YAY!!!!!!!

I'd like to get into the HoBaW a bit. I don't get that scene. Who is fake Jaqen? A life for a death, fine, but who is that bloke and why is he willingly drinking poison? Why are there two Jaqen faces, two Arya faces? The faces are supposed to be unique, they're actual faces, from actual people. Not something you buy from a wholesaler or at poundland.

Arya pulling the faces off the dead man reminded me of an episode of Scooby Doo.

Well, let's talk about this: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/06/game-of-thrones-finale-cliffhangers

Stannis is definitely dead (no shock there), but as for why we didn't see the death, Director David Nutter said "It would have been gratuitous. You really got a sense that Stannis had nothing else to live for. Brienne’s lifelong mission had come to an end. It’s a situation in which Stannis was ready to die and prepared to die."

:bang:

I don't even have the will to rant anymore people.

Fucking hell. The finale had the largest first time audience of any episode of GOT. More than the premier. So, 'bad pussy' is totally validated. Shock and awe is totally validated.

All the horses are gone except the one Mel rode off on is validated. Nobody but us book nerds care about errors and inconsistencies and blatant stupidity of characters like Stannis, the great military commander planning to attack a moated castle in the day time.

Bad pussy. Controversy. Action. CGI dragons is what people want to watch.

YAY!!!!!!!

Yep, a great question! I asked in the last thread and I ask again: who willingly commits suicide to pay someone else's (in this case, Arya's) supposed debt to the Many-Faced God? And, if such a thing were to happen, WHY? Nothing but more nonsense :rolleyes:

I was talking to my friends this morning, I had to go to school for an exam. Everyone was hyped about Game of Thrones, even people I didn't know had watched it. I finally got asked what I thought of the episode, and I let it all out. Thanks to you guys for some material I was able to cite.

I said this was easily the worst season yet. They all looked at me like I was speaking Mandarin. They didn't seem to take in my points. The group I was in are all book readers and all intelligent people, all of them got A*s in English when they did it at GCSE, so I consider them smart and able to analyse a text and gleam meaning from it.

They honestly couldn't understand why I didn't like this series. And I couldn't fathom how they thought this was a good portrayal of the characters they loved. I can't really explain it, but I guess the hype blinded them. They remember what Game of Thrones used to be, and miss its flaws. I also think they need a reread because they haven't read the books in a year or so, and maybe they can't remember the characterisations.

Basically, I can't even retreat to my best friends to swap complaint stories anymore, you guys are all I've got :crying:

YEAH!!!

*cartwheels around*

Well, let's talk about this: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/06/game-of-thrones-finale-cliffhangers

Stannis is definitely dead (no shock there), but as for why we didn't see the death, Director David Nutter said "It would have been gratuitous. You really got a sense that Stannis had nothing else to live for. Brienne’s lifelong mission had come to an end. It’s a situation in which Stannis was ready to die and prepared to die."

He then proceeded to say, "showing a man losing it all would have shocked our audience. And we don't want them to feel their sensitivities are attacked".

ilke Stannis, the great military commander planning to attack a moated castle in the day time.

He was ordering his men to dig trenches. I think he even says the siege starts tomorrow. He was digging in for a long siege rather than planning an instant attack.

"showing a man losing it all would have shocked our audience. And we don't want them to feel their sensitivities are attacked".

What about butchering a series we love and show we used to love?

I forgot she'd spent the last two seasons searching around to find and kill Stannis. Wait, what?

He was ordering his men to dig trenches. I think he even says the siege starts tomorrow. He was digging in for a long siege rather than planning an instant attack.

But he also exposed his entire army to the Boltons on the open field within arrow range instead of remaining covered at the edge of the woods. Digging trenches in the frozen ground?

He then proceeded to say, "showing a man losing it all would have shocked our audience. And we don't want them to feel their sensitivities are attacked".

This. I'm so angry I can barely put it into words.

Did anyone else notice that it looked the like the men in the rearguard of Stannis' army seemed to be retreating? As if he didn't have enough problems with desertion already, the men on foot tried to run away from mounted soldiers several hundred yards away.

That's even if you can call it a rear guard. Stannis marches his army in a blob, no marching columns, no formation.

You would have thought he try to instil discipline into the men with him, if they're still there then they're going to try to hold out and win the battle, not dejectedly march in a horde.

Archived