So what is HBO's strategy on the Jon Snow question?

Hajk

Just because Kit is there doesn't mean his character is alive. There needs to be a scene at the wall showing the aftermath of FTW. His funeral at minimum.

Now, as a Jon fan, I of course see him being resurrected, not as naïve, a little colder man, not a boy..

Strange for me that so many people think Jon could be resurrected by Melisandre.
For these people Melisandre was wrong all the time when she was seeing Stannis becoming Azor Ahai but now she ´ll be totally right and will be able to become one of the most powerful priestess in resurrecting Jon?
And do you really think the murderers will let her take Jon's body : "ok, he's dead now. Let's her try to resurrect him..."
No, they'll try to hide the body, probably outside of the Fort. Most probably they'll try to burn his body but won't stay and won't wait to see if the body is really burning . Why shouldn't it burn ?
But we all know that Jon has some Targaryan blood. So will Jon's body really burn ?
Ps: Sorry for my bad english

Strange for me that so many people think Jon could be resurrected by Melisandre.
For these people Melisandre was wrong all the time when she was seeing Stannis becoming Azor Ahai but now she ´ll be totally right and will be able to become one of the most powerful priestess in resurrecting Jon?
And do you really think the murderers will let her take Jon's body : "ok, he's dead now. Let's her try to resurrect him..."
No, they'll try to hide the body, probably outside of the Fort. Most probably they'll try to burn his body but won't stay and won't wait to see if the body is really burning . Why shouldn't it burn ?
But we all know that Jon has some Targaryan blood. So will Jon's body really burn ?
Ps: Sorry for my bad english

If they burn his body, then he will burn. His hand was already shown to have burned.

If they burn his body, then he will burn. His hand was already shown to have burned.

^^ Exactly. Crazy how many times I've read Jon is fireproof.

Dany was only fireproof because hatching the dragons was a magical event. I'm guessing if Jon is reborn as Azor Ahai, it will also be a magical event, especially with Mel involved.

I would not be surprised if they take this road. If Jon is the 'prophesised one' then they might go for the climatic ' Wow moment' for his resurrection. They also love the Dany/Jon parallels.

Dany has been fireproof a few times other than Drogo's pyre, both before and after.

It seems Mr Martin disagrees with you.

Granny Do Targaryens become immune to fire once they "bond" to their dragons?
George_RR_Martin Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold.

http://web.archive.org/web/20001005212114/eventhorizon.com/sfzine/chats/transcripts/031899.html

That's definitely a show-only thing though. So if they are going with a "true Targs are fireproof" bit they'll probably pull something like that with Jon. Book wise, no, they are very much flammable.

I thought that this was an HBO thread.   :dunno:

And yes, I know in the books, Targs are flammable just like the rest of us.

Drogon doesn't shoot fire at her in the fighting pit in the show like he does in the book, I confused that for sure. The bath, and picking up the burning egg are in both though right?

My impression of her portrayal in the show is that she is fire proof - your examples above as supporting "evidence". Whether they back that up and extend to another character I don't know.

People have mentioned Jon's hands getting burned: help me here, was that the show or books cuz I'm not remembering that (show watcher).

Edited to add that also in the show there was a contrast with her brother; the candle wax burnt him and when the gold crown killed him she said something like "He wasn't a true Dragon". Implication there was he could survive fire, in this case molten metal, if he were. The books sound like they are different but yeah, the show is giving the impression that some Targaryans are immune to fire.

Dany is heat resistant in the bath and with the dragon eggs -- both book and show. There was a Targ king who drank fire and died in show. Can't remember if that is in book.

Dany's remark about her brother is somewhat metaphorical.

It is clear that birthing the dragons was a magical event which doesn't cover every potential burn Dany might encounter.

I doubt Jon is burn proof even if he is half Targarean.

I will be really surprised if Jon doesn't wind up in an ice cell for at least some time.

the key point in what GRRM says is that it is Dany who does the magic and its an one time event

she doesnt stay dead and let another one does the magic

there is a difference between a dragon and a targ ..not all the targaryens are called as dragons

dany is a dragon while viserys and jon are targ

They are not lying, he is dead. Everybody saw him. But I am confident that he has a lot of chances to resurrect. And if he comes back from the death, it will be at the end of season 6 or s7.

I don't know if anyone from this thread has watched this video (or posted it because I haven't read it all) but if you watch from 22:05 to 22:40 there are possible clues to his future.....

When I watched this video a few months ago after having read ADWD I was extremely surprised and thought it could be true, despite the fact it seems a joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfvVluNxujc

I feel like they are trolling. I believe by the time he gets back up "Jon Snow" will be dead. Either his true heritage will be discovered somehow so when he rises its as a Starkl or Targ. Maester Aemon said "kill the boy so the man can be born" (or something like that). It could be when he comes back he is a much harder man, thus "JOn Snow" is dead. THey are just trolling at this point  :bs:

Archived