Your most memorable villainous moments in video game

I'll post others later, but the top one for me has to come courtesy of Suikoden 2: A woman, begging for her life, is made to get on the ground and oink like a pig. She complies and is killed anyways.

This is probably the defining evil act in the entire series of Suikoden. What are your most memorable moments of video game villainy?

Teaming up with the bad guys you've been fighting for 3 games and turning everyone in the galaxy into some kind of cyborg - without asking anyone's opinion on the matter first, of course - at the end of ME3 was pretty memorable.

The Fiends manipulating Shandra Jerro in Amon's Haven in NWN2 is pretty memorable.

Pretty much anything Irenicus says and does in BG2. It's all about David Warner's voice acting :p

Pretty much anything Irenicus says and does in BG2. It's all about David Warner's voice acting :P

"No, you'll warrant no villain's exposition from me."

And he would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for his meddling sister.

I destroyed my companion cube.

RIP Companion Cube. :(

Pretty much anything Irenicus says and does in BG2. It's all about David Warner's voice acting :P

Haha, Irenicus is legend.

Speaking of awesome voice acting of villanous characters, I always recruit Sarevok in Throne of Bhaal and then put him in the lead where he proceeds to be mean to everyone given the chance. Every time I click him he'll go either "I fear nothing" or just "*growls*" and when he crits something with the Deathbringer assault trait he just howls "DIE!!"

Oh, I also had Prince Stennis lynched in Witcher 2 out of spite.

Earliest memories were of lord of the rings on C64 where I'd order hobbits to kill one another. Pretty pre-meditated as it required typing several orders. You had to starve Samwell to have any chance of beating him. Breaking a window and leaving that way instead of using the door always appealed as well.

When playing the SNES version of theme park, I like to build queues to nowhere and designed a roller-coaster that had a section missing and threw customers out of the park. Petty but fun.

I find it hard not to shoot sidekick characters in the likes of Resident Evil.

Killing tons of animals and infamous last stands in Red Dead was always an epic sideline (penance was served by going on flower collecting missions).

There was a long-ago game of Alpha Centauri where I cultivated an alliance with one of the other factions, that was good and beneficial to us both, and allowed us to become the two most powerful factions in the game. Then I got tired of being 1 and 1A so I cajoled them into supporting me to approve use of nuclear weapons and nuked the shit out of them.

There was a long-ago game of Alpha Centauri where I cultivated an alliance with one of the other factions, that was good and beneficial to us both, and allowed us to become the two most powerful factions in the game. Then I got tired of being 1 and 1A so I cajoled them into supporting me to approve use of nuclear weapons and nuked the shit out of them.

To be honest, anyone out of Alpha Centauri (without the expansion at least) is pure fucking evil and villainous to the point where it's ridiculous, with the glaring exception of Lal, who in the end is simply a pathetically inefficient bureaucrat.

For all her obnoxious zealotry and all the shit she gets, Sister Miriam was right in the end.

Archived