Game of Thrones coasters

TVVT

Hi guys,

My brother turned 27 in january, so i decided to make GoT coasters for him, since we're both huge fans. Terrible a sister as i am, i gave them last week. I chose 10 different sigils, of the well known houses of the GoT universe. I decided against Bolton, because i wasn't sure if i would be able to draw a flailed human.

I used pyrography to make the coasters, it's a long process and you have to be very precise. I'm not really good at drawing, but i am good at measuring.

My brother was really happy with them. He even vowed to make more coasters with the other sigils (maybe not all of them). So i guess it's been a reasonable success :)

The results can be found here: my blog. I'm looking forward to your comments.

Thanks so much for your nice replies!

@King Tyrion: thanks, i was a bit insecure about the lannister one (because the mane on the leg of the lion kind of looked like a penis at one point). If I'll ever make a set for a friend, i think ill colour it in. To avoid a penisgate ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for your nice replies!

@King Tyrion: thanks, i was a bit insecure about the lannister one (because the mane on the leg of the lion kind of looked like a penis at one point). If I'll ever make a set for a friend, i think ill colour it in. To avoid a penisgate ;)

Well, do you do commissions?

These are positively awesome! You should sell more of these and make some money on the side.

Making fan-art is one thing. Selling them would bring up serious issues of licensing. This site is supported by GRRM and admin will delete any posts offering unlicensed GoT theme items for sale. The only way to sell morally and legally would be to either form a new licensing agreement with GRRM directly, or to partner with one of the ten existing license holders. (see list on left). For instance... my license is specifically for making the fantasy coins from GRRM's world, but includes packaging. Our latest packaging for The Iron Coin of the Faceless Man is in the form of a thick coaster with a hole punched in it where the coin is pressed in. It's conceivable that we could combine your coaster with a coin or group of coins from the same house as a single product, and it could then fall under our license. So for instance... the DireWolf coaster in a set with the Eddard, Torrhen, Rickard, and Robb Stark coins. There might be similar opportunities in working with other current license holders. But it looks like the coasters were all hand-done one at a time... probably not interested in making many more.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived