Penny Dreadful III: Be my Little Scorpion [spoilers]

Ramsay B.

Actually, I wonder how they plan to bring Caliban back into this. He's fled to the Arctic, how can he possibly be brought back into the fold from there?

Actually, I think we might know the answer to that. In the original novel by Shelly, Victor Frankenstein goes to the North Pole in search of his Monster (to kill it...but ultimately fails). I think PD could twist it that Victor goes in search of John Clare to bring him back to London to take down Lily and Dorian.

It won't be a rampage, it will be an elegant, stately waltz, and they will look glorious throughout :D (I have a bit of a weakness for the "upper class" villains).

Yeah, I still have problems with him and his possessiveness over "Lily". Yes, turns out she was already hell bent on revenge against a world that had treated her as property and dehumanised her, but Victor didn't know that. In the finale he showed his possessive, jealous streak was still there, going to Dorian's mansion to take Liky back (afaik he was unaware of her true nature at this point).

However, I did feel very sorry for him at the end, when he realised that he had unleashed this horror upon the world, and that he was alone again. Also felt a bit of a pang that his "first born" didn't even say goodbye.

Actually, I wonder how they plan to bring Caliban back into this. He's fled to the Arctic, how can he possibly be brought back into the fold from there?

I would LOVE for Victor to come seek him out and for them to really, genuinely attempt to repair their horrible relationship.

Actually, I think we might know the answer to that. In the original novel by Shelly, Victor Frankenstein goes to the North Pole in search of his Monster (to kill it...but ultimately fails). I think PD could twist it that Victor goes in search of John Clare to bring him back to London to take down Lily and Dorian.

Yes, yes, yes, didn't see your comment but THIS.

Interesting,I'm don't know why I didn't think of that. Though Victor was in bad shape at the end of S2, he'll at the very least need some recovery time before doing something so strenuous. Seems likely though, thanks!

Also, BQ, sorry to say this but I think his chances of survival next season are slim...

ETA: that is to say, if the Immortals don't kill him, the health problems from his addiction will

i know this is off topic, but i haven't been on the forums here in a long while and wanted to throw my two cents in, lol. am I alone in hating frankenstein's monster? i feel like his is one of the most boring of the story threads, and i find him to be way too preachy/lofty in his rhetoric. When he was talking to vanessa and she was telling him about dr. frankenstein being in love and how she saw that in his and lily's touch, the monster goes off on this poetic tangent about it, "it's lethal, that touch…" i was like, my god, i hate this cry baby poet monster, lol. anyone feel the same?

i know this is off topic, but i haven't been on the forums here in a long while and wanted to throw my two cents in, lol. am I alone in hating frankenstein's monster? i feel like his is one of the most boring of the story threads, and i find him to be way too preachy/lofty in his rhetoric. When he was talking to vanessa and she was telling him about dr. frankenstein being in love and how she saw that in his and lily's touch, the monster goes off on this poetic tangent about it, "it's lethal, that touch…" i was like, my god, i hate this cry baby poet monster, lol. anyone feel the same?

Sorry, buddy, buy you may just be alone.

I count him as one of my favorite characters, because he often shows his humanity. He could be a serial killer in the making like Lily, but instead he tries to be a good guy. And I have no problem with his philosophical views.

And I know the regular posters here all like him.

if i'm alone in not really caring for the monster, then thats ok, lol. there's just something about his acting and his dialogue that i just find over-the-top. he rubs me the wrong way for some reason. though i did enjoy when he broke out of that cell and killed the putney's, it makes me laugh that they had no idea they were trying to lock up the frankenstein monster...

if i'm alone in not really caring for the monster, then thats ok, lol. there's just something about his acting and his dialogue that i just find over-the-top. he rubs me the wrong way for some reason. though i did enjoy when he broke out of that cell and killed the putney's, it makes me laugh that they had no idea they were trying to lock up the frankenstein monster...

I swing between hating his melodramatic, long, pretentious speeches, to loving the little emo windbag.

I want to make him hot chocolate and tell him to buck up.

I'm with She-Ra on this (hahha i loved saying that )

Sometimes I just can't stand him and other times I find myself genuinely invested in his storyline. I hated him in season 1 though and found him so intolerable but I loved his interactions with Vanessa.

Interesting,I'm don't know why I didn't think of that. Though Victor was in bad shape at the end of S2, he'll at the very least need some recovery time before doing something so strenuous. Seems likely though, thanks!

Also, BQ, sorry to say this but I think his chances of survival next season are slim...

ETA: that is to say, if the Immortals don't kill him, the health problems from his addiction will

Take it baaaaaack! (But yeah, you're probably right and it'll happen right around the time Jorah Mormont's greyscale kicks in to high gear so that I get the wham bam punch)

I feel a great deal of sympathy for John Clare, but I also think that he "inherited" some of Victor's less than savory traits, like his possessive nature, especially with regards to Lily. I enjoyed John quite a bit with Vanessa and look forward to more conversations between them; they tend to be quite meaty.

this year I didn't want to slap John Clare as much. I think they dealt with him better as a shadow lurker, and Vanessa's line really brought it home about how he's more human than anyone else by virtue of being the only one who's really really trying at it. Like how cross-dressing guys are the ones who try the hardest at looking stunning in their makeup because.... they might as well nail it considering they've come a long distance for the opportunity.

Take it baaaaaack! (But yeah, you're probably right and it'll happen right around the time Jorah Mormont's greyscale kicks in to high gear so that I get the wham bam punch)

I feel a great deal of sympathy for John Clare, but I also think that he "inherited" some of Victor's less than savory traits, like his possessive nature, especially with regards to Lily. I enjoyed John quite a bit with Vanessa and look forward to more conversations between them; they tend to be quite meaty.

There there, I'm sure you'll get through it....unless it occurs the same time they kill off Ragnar :p

I love the Creature because he is so contradictory. One minute he is compassionate and poetic, discussing the beauty of human nature etc. etc. then the next he's tearing people apart, or ordering his Creator to create him an unDead sex doll that he can mold to his hearts content. Agree that he's at his best with Vanessa though.

I really don't like their attitudes over women, both of them. Lily in particular, the way they treated her and coveted her was gross.

Agreed. It's particularly distressing with Liky because we know who she was and what line of work she had been forced into when she was Brona. She spent her life being coveted and abused by men, only to be brought back from death...to be coveted and groomed by men.

I love the soundtrack SOOOO much for this show and Abel Korzeniowski has consistently done a gorgeous, stellar job. Can't wait for season 2's OST to be released.

Yes yes yes. The soundtrack has been beautiful. Season 1's was good but Season 2's has really stood out. Also, absolutely love the opening credits and theme.

I just know that when this eventually gets cancelled or is resolved and a few years after its finished I'm still going to be fondly thinking of it and owning the boxset and having rewatches every now and again with friends.

Same. I hoard box sets, lol.

Btw, on the subject of characters no one else seems to like, I seem to be in the minority that loves Hecate :p can't wait to see her again next season. I'm hoping she continues her pursuit of Ethan. We also need Lyle back next season because, well, it doesn't really need explanation.

1. There there, I'm sure you'll get through it....unless it occurs the same time they kill off Ragnar :P

2. Agreed. It's particularly distressing with Liky because we know who she was and what line of work she had been forced into when she was Brona. She spent her life being coveted and abused by men, only to be brought back from death...to be coveted and groomed by men.

1....I just won't watch TV next year...

2. The moment when Lily became Brona during the Creature's magnificent speech was wonderful because you could tell that Brona was never really okay with what she had to do to survive--in spite of the "whatever" air she gave off in S1. She went from an abusive fiancee to being a prostitute to being an undead Creature who was treated like an object by several men.

Archived