Rant and Rave Without Repercussion 3 (Book Spoilers)

Veltigar

His take on Meli-sans-bra... :lol:

Maybe he is a book snob too.

:lol: He seems like a really great guy :)

I am yes. I was always a reader and a bit of a geek though, so maybe I'm not very representative of 19 year olds ;)

And I have only been around these boards since last Februaryish

That's how I've always been too :) So I agree, that could make you seem older than you are.

Hey guys. Julia Martell and I just wrote our Unabashed Book Snobbery #3: GoT S5′s 10 Most Butchered Plotlines (actually 11 because we wanted to talk about Carol).

It's a bit of a read, mayhaps best in pieces, but I think you'll enjoy it.

I don't think number one surprises anyone. great work, Cheb and Julia. Let's hope Sansa Stark can rest at peace.

Way more upset about Theon than Sansa Stark. Very much love Sansa, but I consider he destruction of the former's to be even worse. And you most certainly are not forgiven for your treason against King Stannis.

Two quick points in reaction to Chebs and Julia's book snobbery post.

1: One thing I don't like about Show!Stannis is that he doesn't seem to evolve. Book!Stannis actually shows some, albeit halting, growth by taking advice from Jon. He takes Jon's advice in how to win favor in the North and takes Deepwood Motte. It's growth that is sorely lacking from the show.

2: Regarding Sansa, one thing also missing from her arc is that one, minuscule internal thought where she sympathizes with Jon when she learns he's named LC. Sure, she learns this information in the show. But we don't have that moment of realization, where she maybe just realizes she treated him poorly and acknowledges that he's some of the only family she has left.

The second point speaks to a larger issue on the show that we've discussed a bit here: the show does nothing to give any hope to the Starks. All the remaining Starks think of their family in various ways and that influences their actions. That family bond is totally absent in the show.

1: One thing I don't like about Show!Stannis is that he doesn't seem to evolve. Book!Stannis actually shows some, albeit halting, growth by taking advice from Jon. He takes Jon's advice in how to win favor in the North and takes Deepwood Motte. It's growth that is sorely lacking from the show.

Well that was present with his interactions with Davos in ASoS too.

OMG I had the episode open and jumped to a random place and ended up rewatching the "bad pussy" line. It's even worse than I remembered. I think I have PTSD.

Careful or you'll end up having nightmares where you hear it over and over and over again, in Ellaria's accent! :eek:

:laugh:

Careful or you'll end up having nightmares where you hear it over and over and over again, in Ellaria's accent! :eek:

:laugh:

LOL you're actually right, I keep hearing it over and over again. And I can even see the stupid way she bites his ear... It's haunting me. :eek:

You know, the show has even made Varys boring. VARYS! for Christ's sake, actor is phenomenal, the eunuch is the epitome of sleaze and intrigue and the show has made him boring. ARRGHHHH! how on earth could they accomplish that?

You know, the show has even made Varys boring. VARYS! for Christ's sake, actor is phenomenal, the eunuch is the epitome of sleaze and intrigue and the show has made him boring. ARRGHHHH! how on earth could they accomplish that?

One of the very few actors who is in my headcanon. And it's the fucking awful dialogue he and Tyrion share. All smug, sarcastic cock stroking.

LOL you're actually right, I keep hearing it over and over again. And I can even see the stupid way she bites his ear... It's haunting me. :eek:

You must stop! Now! Else this may become a case of possession or poltergeist or something, just picture yourself walking down the road screaming,

'bad pussy! bad pussy!'

We'll have to arrange an exorcism for you! :p

OMG I had the episode open and jumped to a random place and ended up rewatching the "bad pussy" line. It's even worse than I remembered. I think I have PTSD.

:ack:

You know, the High Septon should just repeat that and the Beetles scene back to back until Cersei confessed - much more effective than Septa Spoonella probably :dunno:

2: Regarding Sansa, one thing also missing from her arc is that one, minuscule internal thought where she sympathizes with Jon when she learns he's named LC. Sure, she learns this information in the show. But we don't have that moment of realization, where she maybe just realizes she treated him poorly and acknowledges that he's some of the only family she has left.

The second point speaks to a larger issue on the show that we've discussed a bit here: the show does nothing to give any hope to the Starks. All the remaining Starks think of their family in various ways and that influences their actions. That family bond is totally absent in the show.

Yup, that's what I miss the most :( Someone on Tumblr posted the gif of Arya jumping up and hugging Jon after he gave her Needle, and it's just so so perfect. I don't think he's mentioned her name since...when? And has she mentioned his name?? Has ANYONE mentioned anyone's name that they are separate from on their own accord on any regular basis? (besides Jaime and Cersei because, of course, we love Cersei. And Tyrion too will always be mentioned by every character, even Sansa before she's raped - but god forbid she mentions any of her actual family members).

I know!!! Varys is one of my favorite characters and I love Conleth, he's perfect (I see him as Varys when I read now), but yeah, him stroking St. Tyrion's ego is umm...not all that interesting D&D, despite what you guys think.

:ack:I know!!! Varys is one of my favorite characters and I love Conleth, he's perfect (I see him as Varys when I read now), but yeah, him stroking St. Tyrion's ego is umm...not all that interesting D&D, despite what you guys think.

Silly creature, Saint Tyrion has no ego. Egos are for the arrogant, the vain, the fools plagued by avarice, the coils of their mortal folly choking themselves, into oblivion. Saint Tyrion is beyond such flaws.

Archived