Rant and Rave Without Repercussion 3 (Book Spoilers)

Veltigar

Who wins?

20 good men vs The Faith Militant (armed with sticks)

Ramsay is shirted for balance purposes.

Classic! I felt strongly, but if Ramsay is shirted I just don't know...

Bookwise, I do feel like a combo of Arya and Sansa, which I am SURE....is something that D&D could NEVER understand, tomboys that are boy crazy, LOL

Ha, I almost included the fact that I'm an only child in my post as well, I do think it figures prominently in a certain maturity. I've never been interested in LotR and Tolkien, I know.....seems strange around here. I've loved reading all kinds of things, actually....some of my first reads were....Encyclopedias, actually. Back in the day, when they were in book form, lining peoples' libraries, LOL I guess that should count as adult reading, right?

~NO, I am NOT as old dirt~ :blushing:

I'm more like Sam. Awkward, shy, lack of confidence and an excessive love of books.

Another only child here. Who needs siblings when youvhave books?

I have always been into fantasy, even as a child. Tolkein, Lewis and Rowling were my earlier reads and now I read WAAAAY too much fantasy stuff, like Hobb, Donaldson, Gaiman, Pratchett, Abercrombie, Rothfuss etc. I do read loads of other stuff too though, especially classical works and historical fiction.

I'm still stuck on the part where they hired someone to play Lollys and CGId Stokeworth for absolutely no reason. Jaime could have met Bronn absolutely anywhere and while I appreciated how great NCW looked in his red jacket, I don't think they needed an actress and a castle to introduce it. It wasn't an offensive scene or anything, just another one of those "really? This is what you spend your budget on?" deals like the 600 faces that no one could see because the lighting was so terrible or the painstaking and beautiful embroidery work on the gowns that people wear for two seconds and which you also can't see.

Another only child here. Who needs siblings when youvhave books?

I have always been into fantasy, even as a child. Tolkein, Lewis and Rowling were my earlier reads and now I read WAAAAY too much fantasy stuff, like Hobb, Donaldson, Abercrombie, Rothfuss etc. I do read loads of other stuff too though, especially classical works

Hehe there's clearly a pattern :)

Yup, that's what I miss the most :( Someone on Tumblr posted the gif of Arya jumping up and hugging Jon after he gave her Needle, and it's just so so perfect. I don't think he's mentioned her name since...when? And has she mentioned his name?? Has ANYONE mentioned anyone's name that they are separate from on their own accord on any regular basis? (besides Jaime and Cersei because, of course, we love Cersei. And Tyrion too will always be mentioned by every character, even Sansa before she's raped - but god forbid she mentions any of her actual family members).

I love that scene so much, when Jon gives Arya Needle, damn them. I wanted to see the real story, not this bullshit!

I love the title you chose above your very ladylike icon, can't stop laughing! :lol:

You don't have to be 18 to oogle guys.....or to read. I was reading adult books by the time I was 13, I think. I've been oogling guys......since before I can remember. Flirting, too. :P ;)

Oh yeah, same here!

I actually never recalled watching the "cock merchant" part and I got the impression from the threads they tried to play it off as something funny, and that the slaver referred to himself as the "cock merchant"... no... oh no... far, far worse and fucking hilarious.

GoT truly is The Room of television. D&D are making a science out of this.

:agree:

Yup, how much you wanna bet we never get a follow up on either one. I would have loved to hear Jon talk about Bran to Sam in their last scene :crying:

This sounds similar to me. I'm an only child, and so I grew up around a lot of adults, and was always reading, started "adult" books really early on too - The Hobbit when I was 8 and LotR when I was 10, Silmarillion at 13. My mom's old copies from the 70's. That's what started my love of fantasy. But I've always felt older and more mature as well :) But I'm not old now, in my mid-to-late 20's (to keep it vagueish ;) ), though everyone in my grad program loves to knock my age since most are younger than me :P

Guys have always been my weakness too :P

I read the Hobbit books early, too...

I'm still stuck on the part where they hired someone to play Lollys and CGId Stokeworth for absolutely no reason. Jaime could have met Bronn absolutely anywhere and while I appreciated how great NCW looked in his red jacket, I don't think they needed an actress and a castle to introduce it. It wasn't an offensive scene or anything, just another one of those "really? This is what you spend your budget on?" deals like the 600 faces that no one could see because the lighting was so terrible or the painstaking and beautiful embroidery work on the gowns that people wear for two seconds and which you also can't see.

Exactly, that scene hasn't received enough flak. It's just...it's such a common issue with D&D that each episode has at least two scenes that I feel are unnecessary or could be overhauled significantly. People complain they can't do this important thing from the books or have that important character from the books for time and budget reasons, but then these scenes are littered all over the season :dunno:

Also, remember those people who were like, "Lollys will probably appear at the WoS! You don't know!" :rolleyes: (Also they did this with the Cersei flashback scene that was extremely pointless).

Right? And I think people said what they always say, 'oh wait, the reasons will become clear' or not. It was a lovely scene, lovely casting, everything nice. Total filler. No need for it all. Jamie could have gotten Bronn in a tavern, or, since we're so pressed for time, they could have started on the ship.

Yeah, the lighting on the show is terrible everywhere except KL and Meereen. All the other sets it's dark and murky.

Archived