The others are about to attack the wall....

RedRahloo76

No Stark in WInterfell, no Lord Commander of the Nights Watch, no King Beyond the Wall. And Mel is going to preform some powerful fire magic at possibly the greatest structure of Ice magic in the world....

Nothing could possibly go wrong with this combination.

:rolleyes:

The Others are going to attack eventually. For a host of reasons including the ones you outline, the start of Winds of Winter would be a great time to start.

That said, I would put even less faith in Mel's vision than you do.

Actually, theyre going to attack the wall because the wall has whats rightfully theirs: Craster's last baby boy.

The wights were already brought into CB by the Night's Watch after the bodies of those rangers were found. So, they went through as dead bodies, and in CB they woke up in the night. Not sure wights would manage to tear through the wall by themselves, because of the magic, but they might be a "lifeform" by the Others to circumvent the Wall in a way they can't pass themselves.

I don't know if the dead can rise south of the Wall. The two that attacked Mormont, already had blue eyes when they were found north of the wall. They rose when they were brought past the wall. The two that Jon puts in the ice cells were just dead, I think. South of the wall, they're showing no signs of rising, so whatever magic the Wall has, is holding.

My theory is that the Other's were all once human but altered by ice magic. The leader/Night's King has ancient Stark Blood (maybe an ancient second son or something). With no Stark in Winterfell, he now has claim to Winterfell invalidating whatever wards are present in the wall to stop them.

My theory is that the Other's were all once human but altered by ice magic. The leader/Night's King has ancient Stark Blood (maybe an ancient second son or something). With no Stark in Winterfell, he now has claim to Winterfell invalidating whatever wards are present in the wall to stop them.

My idea in my signature would say the reason that particular Stark was sent to the wall in the FIRST place, was because Brandon The Breaker (his older brother) caught him with the Barrow King's Daughter that was awarded to him (Lady Dustin of old).

The idea is that all present day Starks are descended from that union, and also why the Lady Dustin of now, was so interested in winterfell's crypts.

I don't know if the dead can rise south of the Wall. The two that attacked Mormont, already had blue eyes when they were found north of the wall. They rose when they were brought past the wall. The two that Jon puts in the ice cells were just dead, I think. South of the wall, they're showing no signs of rising, so whatever magic the Wall has, is holding.

So perhaps the others or the wights need a member of the NW to bring them through. Would makes sense if the nights king brought his other bride to the night fort.

While I agree Old Nan is always right wouldn't the Wall have come down during the reign of the Nights King?

My belief is that the traditional mantra that "there must always be a Stark in Winterfell" has far greater meaning than obvious prudence.

To design something with a single point of failure in a world of treachery seems risky. Perhaps a second, related factor would serve as a counter to perturbations in the NW that could be set to right by a Stark in command of the North from WF.

Bran and Rickon were in WF when Lord Mormont was assassinated by NW. When Jon is assassinated, there's no Stark in WF.

But the warding of the Wall would not be the only failure. Ice flows! Even in sub zero conditions! Without magic, a 700 foot high ice wall would structurally fail. But, how and where is unpredictable. It's not a safe place to be when the magic vanishes.

Fed

The magic of the wall only holds so long as the men of the nights watch stay true to their vows- that's from Old Nan so its obviously true. They just killed their 2nd lord commander in a row. Wall magic=dead.

:agree:

I think the wall might be warded by Stark blood magic. "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell," suggests this about Winterfell which was also built by Bran the Builder. "For the Watch," did not just see a Lord Commander murdered by his own men, but it saw Stark blood being spilled at the heart of the Wall (Castle Black). That is potentially a recipe for disaster. At least Mormont was mutinied on away from the Wall but Jon was attacked in his own turf and he shares the same blood as the guy who built the Wall.

I also believe that Jon feeling only the cold could signify that the Others have arrived.

If Martin sticks to the 7 book plan, I have to believe that they will enter the story soon. Either attacking or someone's pov. I can't imagine Martin leaving them in the shadows for too much longer.

And seriously, how the hell do threads not get posted, yet the f'ing wall of threads is currently spammed by 20 or so threads about divorce, finding love, finding nemo, marriage, etc? WTF. Someone sifting through acceptable threads dropped the ball today...ok rant over. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

......i just received a message that my post had too many emoticons....yet the spam....holy hell

Based on some theories, I think the Others may have built The Wall themselves, as a border, and won't have problems crossing. Either that or Mel screws it up and burns it down. R'hllor doesn't have to be good or even bad. Either way you don't want a fire god around a wall of ice.

I don't think Coldhands could cross because "The magic of the wall only holds so long as the men of the nights watch stay true to their vows " and he is a crow who happens to be a wight too, so doesn't break his vow to the watch.

I think Jon is going to be the moderator between the Other's, R'hollor, and humanity, but maybe not until everything already goes to hell and The Wall falls. It would be pretty uninteresting if Jon stopped the Others before they made it into Stark territory at least.

Btw I thought the towers Mel saw was a reference to Euron attacking Oldtown.

Every other reference of seas and oceans washing over places has referenced the Ironborn.Like Brans dream about Winterfell being swallowed up by the sea

But didn't Mel arrive at Eastwatch together with Stannis' army? She should recognize Eastwatch since she was there before.

On the other hand, it could be about Oldtown as well (or any other place with a tower getting attacked by the Ironborn).

But didn't Mel arrive at Eastwatch together with Stannis' army? She should recognize Eastwatch since she was there before.

On the other hand, it could be about Oldtown as well (or any other place with a tower getting attacked by the Ironborn).

And thought "Nope, my vision doesn't look like Eastwatch at all. No matter, it's symbolic. Eastwatch it is."

If the Others are really after Craster's last baby boy, then Westeros is in a whole heap of trouble.

That said, I don't believe this theory. The prologue of book 1 sets the Others near the Wall, so they were already moving at that point, when the Last Son wasn't even born.

Are they not at or near the spot where Craster leaves his offerings? That would explain a lot

Archived