Season 5..Azor Ahai right on schedule?

calo760

In the show we've already seen Shireen being sacrificed, but Mel didn't use the power of this offering yet.

Yes she did. The sacrifice was to bring a thaw and make it possible for Stannis to march on Winterfell. And that's exactly what happened.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I don't see Dany as Azor Ahai.

During the first Long Night the Targaryens and dragons were not involved. They have no history or connection with the Others and possibly the original Azor Ahai like the Starks (Bran the builder, also Night's King on the show?) and possibly House Dayne through Dawn (original Lightbringer?). Also, the casting for Arthur Dayne in season 6 specifically notes his special sword, not just his skills. Could it show up again at some point?

Dany is a pure Targaryen and her lightbringer would be the dragons. However, the requirement for AA is-

Then look at Jon's dream-

It fits the description perfectly.

Personally, I think Dany is linked to the Targaryen prophecy that originates before the Doom. She is the Prince that was Promised because she has brought dragons back into the world (and she will restore the Targayen name after their downfall) and I think she (and the dragons) will play her part in the Long Night. However, I think House Stark (blood of the first men) through Jon and Bran will play just as important roles as the dragons. Jon is AA reborn, Dany is tptwp and Tyrion or Bran are the third head and  together they make up the three headed dragon.

I think the show will love the idea of a warrior up against the White Walkers, rather than just dragons. The show has already been setting Jon up as a warrior, giving him numerous fight scenes.  Also, the 'stare off' between the Night's King and Jon was very telling for me. I think it foreshadows them having a rivalry (two leaders on different sides) and an eventual duel between them.

Its easier to dream about something when you know the details and tale of the prophecy

Dany is and always had been a red herring. The red priestess plot in Essos is essential to impart the AA mythology to the viewer, and the twist will be that AA is Jon in Westeros.

Yeah right five books full of evidence and foreshadowings and the one that has more evidence than R+L=J is a red herring and the main character will be sidelined just like that

is there any better arguement why dany is not AAR other than wishful denial and bias and hatred towards dany or its too obvious or she must be red herring ..

can people disprove any one point that shows dany as AAR other than say its too obvious

other than that a champion of fire will be a guy that got burned his hand and not been related to fire in any way but not the girl who survived the pyre and brought back dragons Right

Yeah right five books full of evidence and foreshadowings and the one that has more evidence than R+L=J is a red herring and the main character will be sidelined just like that

is there any better arguement why dany is not AAR other than wishful denial and bias and hatred towards dany or its too obvious or she must be red herring ..

can people disprove any one point that shows dany as AAR other than say its too obvious

other than that a champion of fire will be a guy that got burned his hand and not been related to fire in any way but not the girl who survived the pyre and brought back dragons Right

I am no expert, but isn't Azor Ahai, the prince that was promised?  How can a female be a prince?  I guess GRRM could pull a Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner on us?

I am no expert, but isn't Azor Ahai, the prince that was promised? 02How can a female be a prince? 02I guess GRRM could pull a Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner on us?

yes tptwp and aar is same ..two heads of the dragon

Maester aemon explained that well enough dragons are gender neutral

i can quote that but am on my phone

yes tptwp and aar is same ..two heads of the dragon

Maester aemon explained that well enough dragons are gender neutral

i can quote that but am on my phone

I don't think that means that Dany is gender neutral though.  She's the Mother of Dragons and though a Targaryan, I don't think she is a literal dragon.  I guess we'll see...

Aemon does say something about how Azor Ahai could possibly be a princess, not a prince. Still, I doubt it's Dany. All the signs fit Dany though. I think it's Jon Snow.

AltShiftX has a great video with book and show reference as to who AA is: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3o2LqFZcGU

I definitely recommend watching it.

Aemon does say something about how Azor Ahai could possibly be a princess, not a prince. Still, I doubt it's Dany. All the signs fit Dany though. I think it's Jon Snow.

AltShiftX has a great video with book and show reference as to who AA is: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3o2LqFZcGU

I definitely recommend watching it.

Thanks, that was an excellent video.

The leaked casting addition suggests other red priestesses now believe it's Dany which makes me further concerned that Jon will not be back.

It's all completely pointless if Jon is really dead. Really, the whole show and books would suck at that point.

Its easier to dream about something when you know the details and tale of the prophecy

Exactly. That has always neen my issue with Jon's dream is that he dreamt after learning about the prophecy and about lightbringer. Whereas Dany who has never heard of the prophecy has similar dreams much earlier in the story (oh and actualy woke dragons from stone).

• 7 months later...

I think it's pretty much made clear that Azor Ahai and the Prince that Was Promised are the same person , Jon . Jon dreams defeating the undead with a burning red sword just as Azor Ahai and he was a born a prince of the Targaryen dynasty that was promised by Ned to Lyanna to be protected and cared for . I believe the three heads are not three people but refer to three crowns or identities all referring to one person because when the Targaryens conquered Westeros , the King then had thereafter three titles : Lord of the Seven Kingdoms , Protector of the Realm and King of the Andals , Rhoynar and First Men . It's a common motif in the books : Lyanna Stark (the she-wolf , the Knight of the Laughing Tree , the Targaryen Princess/Jon's mother ) , Dany (Mother of Dragons , Breaker of Chains and Queen of Meereen ) , Rhaegar (the Last Dragon , the Crown Prince , the Silver Prince ) but for Jon it's : (Snow (Ned Stark's bastard)  , Stark (legitimized by Robb's will) , Targaryen (when he is resurrected )  / King in the North , King in the South , King Beyond the Wall .

I believe Dany is on a warpath/POWER-CRAZY and will go in an increasingly darker path next season like a combination between the Queen of Hearts and Veruca Salt . She cannot be the Prince that Was Promised/Azor Ahai  . She is not a prince . Not a male . Not a warrior . She has no Ice just Fire . She doesn't know about the Others or knows they exist  , has never been to Westeros , doesn't know about the Wall and is still more than half away cross the world at the end of the fifth book in the Dothraki sea . I don't even think she's hero material .

Archived