Possible hint at Jons fate in season 6

Were they laughing because Kit "spoiled" it? Not sure why else everyone would be laughing.

No, they were laughing because the way Kit phrased his response, it sounded like he was having sex with the wolf, and then he realized what he actually said and was embarrassed by it.

No, they were laughing because the way Kit phrased his response, it sounded like he was having sex with the wolf, and then he realized what he actually said and was embarrassed by it.

oooo, haha. Wow, completely missed that.

1) Makes no sense him warging on the show, would seem arbitrary since not introduced previously unlike in the books.

2) CGI-time for showing the wolf is expensive, they are having a huge but not unlimited budget. They rather use if for Dragons / WW which is already expensive enough

3) If he comes back (and seven hells I hope he does) it will be by Mel revival or some other stuff one cannot possibly foresee.

I'm glad you posted this. The first time I watched that video I saw what was clearly an embarrassing unintended sexual suggestion with an animal. Kit blushed (massively), they all laughed and teased him going so far as to say the would feature that in season 6. Total dude humor. :cool4:

For those who are wishing it to be an admission watch it without the warg-colored glasses. It's pretty funny when you realize what is going on. :laugh:

1) Makes no sense him warging on the show, would seem arbitrary since not introduced previously unlike in the books.

2) CGI-time for showing the wolf is expensive, they are having a huge but not unlimited budget. They rather use if for Dragons / WW which is already expensive enough

3) If he comes back (and seven hells I hope he does) it will be by Mel revival or some other stuff one cannot possibly foresee.

NO! Darn I hate this excuse!

D&D need to hire a director who can direct "dogs" - multiple trained white dogs - preferably white Alaskan malamutes - all of whom will play Ghost AS A PROTAGONIST in his scenes!

But they need to hire someone who knows what he/she is doing! A rogue wolf with no sidekick human in scenes when Ghost moves beyond the Wall or to WF should not be too hard to do.

You know, maybe D&D need to check out the work of budding filmmakers on YOUtube who have mastered CGI / Green Screen and digitable manipulation on shoestring budgets that are more believable than the direwolves have been thus far in the show. My goodness, Twilight featured better CGI wolves than the disappointing scenes from the series!

I am so sorry for my passion! I am so sick and tired of the budget excuse!

By the way, the director of Max is being celebrated as the best in the business! They need to hire him!

NO! Darn I hate this excuse!

D&D need to hire a director who can direct "dogs" - multiple trained white dogs - preferably white Alaskan malamutes - all of whom will play Ghost AS A PROTAGONIST in his scenes!

But they need to hire someone who knows what he/she is doing! A rogue wolf with no sidekick human in scenes when Ghost moves beyond the Wall or to WF should not be too hard to do.

You know, maybe D&D need to check out the work of budding filmmakers on YOUtube who have mastered CGI / Green Screen and digitable manipulation on shoestring budgets that are more believable than the direwolves have been thus far in the show. My goodness, Twilight featured better CGI wolves than the disappointing scenes from the series!

I am so sorry for my passion! I am so sick and tired of the budget excuse!

By the way, the director of Max is being celebrated as the best in the business! They need to hire him!

It's not an excuse it's a reality. They tried to keep the Direwolves out of scene even if it would have been rather cheap to implement it (w/RW and Greywind e.g.) but that's just D&D's style.

The problem is not this Max person and training, the problem is the CGI to pump the Wolf up to the size it needs on screen.

Also, Twilight had a bigger budget then GoT.

It's not a budget excuse, it's a budget constraint. Unless you are a worldclass accountant to show D&D how to circumvent this constraint I see little hope fore Snow warging.

Which leads to the good ol' point of Jon warging w/o any such skill mentioned in the show or whatsoever. I can't see this happening, no way.

If it is filmed as a first person POV (like Bran's wolf dreams) then budget is not a problem

But then you still have the problem of warging being not at all introduced for JS. Also: for how long can non-bookreaders / ASOIF fanboys (in other words the cast majority of the viewers) "tolerate" seeing Jon that way? I don't think you can tell much of a story like this.

1) Having watched the full video, it's pretty clear they were having some fun at Harrington's expense over the phrasing and not dropping hints.

2) The books still heavily implied that Jon would end up in Ghost for at least some time (seriously, the name alone is a massive hint). Obviously, show =/= books, and HBO will do what they want but that seems like a big thing to change.

3) All the comments (from both the showrunners and fans) about the great expense associated with the direwolves strikes me as strange. I mean, D&D have also complained about the great expense associated with horses, going so far as to cut a planned scene in S1 showing The Mountain harrying the Riverlands because of the cost of filming with horses, but that didn't stop them from having Dany spend the whole season amongst horselords, nor did it stop them from writing and filming countless other scenes involving horses. Saying that something is expensive isn't the same as saying they can't do it. If they can find the budget to film a horse-centric action sequence with Brienne, Pod, and the knights of the Vale in S5, not to mention the approach of the Dothraki horde in the finale, they can put some of the budget toward CGI for Ghost.

4) Even if it truly is cost prohibitive, as King Tyrion Targaryan said above, they've utilized clever filming choices in the past to show that someone is warging a wolf without using crazy amounts of CGI, like Bran's POV wolf dream shots. I don't see what's to stop them from doing that or other creative approaches again.

3) All the comments (from both the showrunners and fans) about the great expense associated with the direwolves strikes me as strange. I mean, D&D have also complained about the great expense associated with horses, going so far as to cut a planned scene in S1 showing The Mountain harrying the Riverlands because of the cost of filming with horses, but that didn't stop them from having Dany spend the whole season amongst horselords, nor did it stop them from writing and filming countless other scenes involving horses. Saying that something is expensive isn't the same as saying they can't do it. If they can find the budget to film a horse-centric action sequence with Brienne, Pod, and the knights of the Vale in S5, not to mention the approach of the Dothraki horde in the finale, they can put some of the budget toward CGI for Ghost.

4) Even if it truly is cost prohibitive, as King Tyrion Targaryan said above, they've utilized clever filming choices in the past to show that someone is warging a wolf without using crazy amounts of CGI, like Bran's POV wolf dream shots. I don't see what's to stop them from doing that or other creative approaches again.

Concerning 3) Capital Cost Budgeting: it's not the wolves themselves that are expensive, it's the CGI to pump them to size. Wolf filming time is rather a time constraint since the wolf-trainer (or whatever to call this person) they are working with is occupied/other projects. The referred to horses being

Concerning 4) Warging would still seem arbitrary in the show since all the foreshadowing ("Man-Wolf-Man") etc was not mentioned. Admittedly being not very creative, I just cannot see how these "clever filming choices" could be implemented in an fashion that is interesting to watch for longer than just some moments. Just imagine Bran had traveled north having this "wolf-view" all the time: wouldn't that been awkward? I srsly just cannot fathom how Jon's story can be told (in the show) while he is in a Direwolf (referring to the before mentioned lack of creativity again).

I just thin that there is no plausible reason to assume warging for Jon. On the other hand, as said before, we are talking about D&D. Whatever makes "creative sense" to them will happen, no matter whether it fits the context (created by them) in the show or not.

I put zero stock into that Oxford clip - that was just fun & hilarity, and I don't think there was anything serious to take from it. Either the warging comment or the season 6 comment.

It was bloody hilarious though - you could see Kit almost wanting to drag the words back into his mouth as soon as he said them.

Honestly, I think having Jon suddenly warg on the show would be a huge surprise and reveal to the Unsullied. Come on, you know everyone would go berserk and break the Internet if that happened. Plus, it would be a surprise to Jon himself as well, just like it is in the books somewhat.

Honestly, I think having Jon suddenly warg on the show would be a huge surprise and reveal to the Unsullied. Come on, you know everyone would go berserk and break the Internet if that happened. Plus, it would be a surprise to Jon himself as well, just like it is in the books somewhat.

Ya lol that's right. But I cannot see how the warging could be implemented w/o appearing arbitrary and Deus Ex Machina. And don't you think that the Unsullied would be equally surprised by him being revived?

Ya lol that's right. But I cannot see how the warging could be implemented w/o appearing arbitrary and Deus Ex Machina. And don't you think that the Unsullied would be equally surprised by him being revived?

Yes and no...I think there is enough chatter on the internet about his being resurrected, so they may be half expecting it. You never know though.

Yes and no...I think there is enough chatter on the internet about his being resurrected, so they may be half expecting it. You never know though.

call me an ignorant nasty b*tch but sometimes I think D&D could do whatever they want and the Unsullied would still watch.

Archived