Just finished, Need Answers

BossMan

Okay so i just finished A Feast for Crows and i have so many questions, mainly for the last few chapters. SPOILERS SO BEWARE........

Okay so there are a few things i need cleared up.

1) In Jaime's last chapter he had a dream about a a woman he thought was his sister, Cersei. It did not say who she was, so if some one could tell me who this woman that Jaime was dreaming about that would be great.

2) Another one in the last chapter of Jaime. So pretty sure i read this right but i just need some confirmation. Was Robb Stark's wife, Jeyne i think her name was, Mom working with Tywin Lannister? Like it seemed she was being a sneaky mother in law and conspiring against Robb, If so damn her to the seven hell's! Lol

3) Oh ya and it looks like Doran Martell has a plan with his daughter, Arrianne. I don't know what but Doran is a sneaky little critter, I really like his character, a man with a plan that one. I read Arianne's last chapter twice, and her and Doran's conversation like three times. So she has a brother and Doran will make him the heir to Dorne. While he make Arianne something bigger, i am not sure but i would say he wants her become Queen. Is there any confirmation on that or threads where i could see some theories?

4) Samwell's last chapter now. So Pate is back, from the prologue?! He's a faceless man right? I am almost certain and he has some Key that only the Arcmaesters can get. Which makes me ask the question, WTF do the Faceless men want inside that vault! I don't know but it can't be good.

5) Speaking of the Faceless man is Arya freaking blind now, Cause that sucks lol. Oh and speaking of Arya She freaking met Sam! I was all like Sam that is Jon's freaking Sister! Do Something!

6) Not really a question just a statement i guess, Sansa is a freaking BAD ACE MOFO! Every chapter i read from her i am liking her more and more. I am really rooting for this one to end up being Queen, She is learning from one of the best, and has encountered some of the best rulers. GO SANSA! Or Alayne whatever.

7) Brienne, Brienne, Brienne. Dude i dont know what to think of this one. Stoneheart would not kill her would she? I mean Catlyn is still inside that walking corpse isn't she? No i refuse to believe she is dead, her Podrick even that knight she was with, i liked that whole Trio. Also Shout out to my main man Gendry, Who is awesome!

That's pretty much all of my questions now. Any answer's will be welcome. I have to say this book i heard was the worst one by many people. At times it was, but in the end it makes it all worth it!

AFFC was like my favorite one dude. Seriously. I don't care what anyone else thought of it. The pacing is incredible, the Brienne/Biter fight was poppin', Jaime and the scroll what can I say but priceless... they took out all the good stuff when making the show and yet people say this is the weakest book. WTF?

Read ADWD for answers to a couple of these questions. For the others... TWOW dude...

It really was one of my favorites tom honestly i did not expect it either. During the beginning i hated it. I could not get over having no Jon or Tyrion. Then as i got further into the story it grew on me. I am going to start ADWD soon, maybe later on tonight.

on The second question , Yes, Jayne westerling's Mom Sybell Spicer was working with Tywin !

On the third....re-read the last dornish chapter in AFOC and pay very good attention to what Doran says in his last few lines....and Keep reading ! :cool4:

on the fourth....Yes , and Yes ....and to get an idea on what a faceless man is doing there , read about the history of bravos and the history of the faceless men...and if you pay some attention and do some detective work...you'll get it ;)

1) it's his mom I believe.

2) Yup, Jeyne's mom was working for Tywin

4) Read the Arya chapters again where the kindly man tells about the first FM, and Arya's first chapter when she arrives in Braavos and is rowed past all the temples - mentions the origins of Braavos. Tie the two together and to whom they would regard as a danger to society overall. Now what could they be searching for in the Citadel? Why is Sam going there?

7) takes a while, but you'll find a little petite answer to it in aDwD. We're all waiting for the rest of it in tWoW

• 3 weeks later...

1) Think that was his mother

2) She was but I think it was only her in the family. I'm not sure to what level she was involved either, as it looked like she may have lost family members at the twins. It's an interesting situation, was the whole meeting between Rob and his young wife planned, or did Tywin and the Westerling mother wing it as the opportunity popped up. Hope we find out in Dance with Dragons.

3) I gathered that Arianne was promised to Viserys Targaryen, which would've made her queen when he came into power. I hope there is more to Doran's plan than this!

Im a bit confused in what the FM would be after at The Citadel also. I hope I didn't miss it in AffC.

• 5 weeks later...

Im a bit confused in what the FM would be after at The Citadel also. I hope I didn't miss it in AffC. 

Dragonglass candle? It's mentioned in the prologue and the last chapter.  Just a guess.  The Oldtown scenes confused me to no end. Even after my second re-read.  By the way, this book gets better with re-reading.  I think many people disliked it because there are so many unfamiliar characters, and with all the similar names it's easy to get everyone confused.  I didn't get the FM implication at all. I get that Pate bit into the poisoned coin, but I didn't get that the last chapter happened after the first. So Sam is not meeting up with the original Pate?  Then it has to be a Faceless Man. Wow.

Don't know if the questions have been answered, but I'm bored so I'll do it anyway.

1, His mother, Joanna Lannister.

2, Yes, Sybell Spicer was working at the behest of Tywin Lannister. In ASOS Robb sends Jeyne's uncle and Sybell's brother Ser Rolph Spicer to deliver Ser Kevan's son Martyn Lannister in return for Robett Glover. Tywin takes this opportunity to give the traitorous Rolph some directions. Rolph is made a Lord and given Castamere in return for delivering these directions, and Sybell's children are all promised worthy marriages if Sybell makes sure sure Jeyne does not become pregnant.

3, Dorean initially planned to make Quentyn the heir to Dorne and Arianne queen by marrying her to Viserys, but since Viserys got himself killed by Khal Drogo he instead makes Arianne his heir and plans to make Quentyn king.

4, "Pate" is in all likelyhood a Faceless Man, yes. The Alchemist (formerly known to us all as Arya's ally Jaqen H'ghar) killed the real Pate and is now masquerading as him. It's unknown what exactly he is after, but since he's at the Citadel it likely involves ancient knowledge oif the useful sort.

5, Arya is blind now, yes. Sam has no idea how Arya looks however, barring some vague resemblance to Jon (long face, grey eyes, brown hair). And even if he did he would not excpect her to be masquerading as the poor girl Cat in Braavos.

6, Sansa still has a long way to go, but I otherwise agree with you. Her chapters just get better and better, and her tutelage by Littlefinger does make her more adept at understanding the Game. Definitly a highlight in this book.

7, Lady Stoneheart and Catelyn Tully are not the same. Lady Stoneheart is essentially a revenant, a dead corpse obsessed with the last desires and goals she had in life, which happens to be revenge on the Lannisters, Freys and Boltons and everyone associated with them. SHe would certainly kill Brienne if given a reason. One should not confuse her to Catelyn Tully. It was the same with the Lightning Lord and Beric Dondarrion. The Beric Dondarrion we meet in AGOT was the typical gallant but boastful southern knight. The Lightning Lord we met is quite different, and obsessed with the last goals and desire he had in life: protect King Robert's realm from Gregor CLegane and similar filth. Lady Stonehart and the Lightning Lord are vastly different characters, but they function the same way. Gendry is awesome though, yes, and Podrick and Hyle Hunt are at least interesting.

Overall the books is very good, though so far I consider it the worst of the five books. It simply doesn't measure up to the first three, no matter how much I enjoyed it.

It really was one of my favorites tom honestly i did not expect it either. During the beginning i hated it. I could not get over having no Jon or Tyrion. Then as i got further into the story it grew on me. I am going to start ADWD soon, maybe later on tonight.

Same with me. When i began i was kind of forcing myself to read it, but honestly i think it's my favorite out of the first four. Starting ADWD tomorrow.

• 11 months later...

"I could not get over having no Jon or Tyrion". 

Don't forget Dany! People were upset that all three were not in this. But yes, I agree that this book was truly awesome and the epilogue reveal was great. 

On 6/20/2015 at 3:12 AM, BossMan said:

Okay so i just finished A Feast for Crows and i have so many questions, mainly for the last few chapters. SPOILERS SO BEWARE........

Okay so there are a few things i need cleared up.

1) In Jaime's last chapter he had a dream about a a woman he thought was his sister, Cersei. It did not say who she was, so if some one could tell me who this woman that Jaime was dreaming about that would be great.

2) Another one in the last chapter of Jaime. So pretty sure i read this right but i just need some confirmation. Was Robb Stark's wife, Jeyne i think her name was, Mom working with Tywin Lannister? Like it seemed she was being a sneaky mother in law and conspiring against Robb, If so damn her to the seven hell's! Lol

3) Oh ya and it looks like Doran Martell has a plan with his daughter, Arrianne. I don't know what but Doran is a sneaky little critter, I really like his character, a man with a plan that one. I read Arianne's last chapter twice, and her and Doran's conversation like three times. So she has a brother and Doran will make him the heir to Dorne. While he make Arianne something bigger, i am not sure but i would say he wants her become Queen. Is there any confirmation on that or threads where i could see some theories?

4) Samwell's last chapter now. So Pate is back, from the prologue?! He's a faceless man right? I am almost certain and he has some Key that only the Arcmaesters can get. Which makes me ask the question, WTF do the Faceless men want inside that vault! I don't know but it can't be good.

5) Speaking of the Faceless man is Arya freaking blind now, Cause that sucks lol. Oh and speaking of Arya She freaking met Sam! I was all like Sam that is Jon's freaking Sister! Do Something!

6) Not really a question just a statement i guess, Sansa is a freaking BAD ACE MOFO! Every chapter i read from her i am liking her more and more. I am really rooting for this one to end up being Queen, She is learning from one of the best, and has encountered some of the best rulers. GO SANSA! Or Alayne whatever.

7) Brienne, Brienne, Brienne. Dude i dont know what to think of this one. Stoneheart would not kill her would she? I mean Catlyn is still inside that walking corpse isn't she? No i refuse to believe she is dead, her Podrick even that knight she was with, i liked that whole Trio. Also Shout out to my main man Gendry, Who is awesome!

That's pretty much all of my questions now. Any answer's will be welcome. I have to say this book i heard was the worst one by many people. At times it was, but in the end it makes it all worth it!

1. She's his mother, Joanna Lannister, who died in childbirth (giving birth to Tyrion, which is one of the reasons Tywin hated Tyrion) when he and Cersei were very young. There's a moment in the dream when Jaime tells his mother that he and Cersei have become knight and queen, respectively, making it sound like she should be proud, and Joanna just cries, which may suggest Jaime realizes deep inside how wrong his relationship with Cersei and everything they've done is. We have also learned in a Jaime chapter that Joanna noticed it when Jaime and Cersei, still pre-pubescent children, were showing sexual interest in each other, and made sure to keep them apart. But she didn't tell Tywin anything, so when she died, no one took care to stop them from developing an incestuous relationship.

2. Sybelle Spicer, Jeyne's mother, was indeed working for Tywin, but it's not clear at which point it started. I would say that the most logical conclusions are: once Robb had married Jeyne, Sybelle was terrified that her family would suffer the same fate as Reynes and Tarbecks, knowing how cruel Tywin is to his bannermen who betray him. So, she made a deal with him to keep Jeyne from getting pregnant, by giving her moon tea. Her brother probably also knew about that, but it's clear that her children didn't know. Her son Reynald was loyal to Robb and even got killed at the Red Wedding, which is why Sybelle complained to Jaime, because she thought their deal meant that Tywin should have protected him. And Jeyne is clearly still loyal to Robb and resents her mother for what she's done.

3. Read A Dance with Dragons to find out more about Doran's plans.

4. That's the question! Unfortunately, we have to wait for The Winds of Winter to find out more. In the meantime, it's fun to speculate. And, not only was the Alchemist the Faceless Man - he was the FM known to Arya as Jaqen H'ghar. Read his physical description, and then go back and re-read the description of Jaqen's new face in A Clash of Kings. It's clearly the same man.

5. Sam doesn't know Arya and had no idea she was Jon's sister. She had another face and didn't look like herself, so he wouldn't notice her resemblance to Jon. Read ADWD to find out what happens with Arya now she's blind! The first two thirds of ADWD run at the same time as AFFC, but then the last third continues the story, and a lot of characters from AFFC pop up again.

6. Yes, Sansa is awesome. :) It's a continuation of her development since the end of book 1. And she's just 13, which many people forget.

7. Others have said that Stoneheart is not Catelyn, but it's more complicated than that, IMO... she both is and is not Catelyn. It's Catelyn who came back wrong, in a way. She's much worse off than Beric was. Yes, Beric was losing some of his memories every time, and he was obsessed with the last tasks he had in life, but he was still himself a lot more than Cat is now. Catelyn went insane out of trauma during the last moments of her life, then she was dead for three days before being resurrected, and instead of being resurrected by a priest of the Lord of Light, she got the "kiss of life" from the undead Beric.  All this contributed to her becoming this warped, terrible version of Catelyn, who is deteriorating both physically and psychologically, and who's single-mindedly obsessed with revenge against the people who have hurt her family - the Freys, the Lannisters and the Boltons.

Also, keep in mind that she and the Brotherhood don't have all information on Brienne and Jaime. They don't know all that we know. Catelyn heard Roose Bolton say "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" when he killed Robb, and she probably assumes Jaime was involved in the Red Wedding. Furthermore, she doesn't know all that Jaime and Brienne had gone through, and that Jaime has changed, and she certainly wouldn't believe that Jaime sent Brienne to help Sansa and protect her. In her eyes, Brienne betrayed her and allied herself with Jaime. She sees Brienne with a sword made out of the Stark family sword, Ice, on an errand from the Lannisters, with a paper signed by king Tommen, and Brienne keeps calling out Jaime's name. It doesn't look good. But if she were still Catelyn, she would have been able to give Brienne the benefit of the doubt, wouldn't be so quick to condemn her, and certainly wouldn't hang people whose only fault is that they seem to be working for the Lannisters, especially a 12 year old boy (Podrick is from Westerlands and the Lannisters are his liege lords, that's not his fault). But Stoneheart is far less compassionate and far more ruthless.

If you want to know what happens... again, read on!

• 1 month later...
On 31-7-2016 at 3:58 PM, Annara Snow said:

She had another face and didn't look like herself, so he wouldn't notice her resemblance to Jon.

In that point of her learning (when she meets Sam as Cat), Arya still has her own face. But she has learned to use make-up in a manner to maker herself look different.

Archived