Jon Snow return (book spoilers)

I like the idea of him being reborn with Targ eyes, especially if he is the dragon that is awakened from the stone. However, Daenerys or Viserys did not get contact lenses on the show so why should Jon? There are no Targ eyes, only Targ hair on the show. :frown5:

I'm not seeing the supposed colour change.

Me neither, but you do see a light shine in his eyes as the camera gets closer to his face and the whole scene gets brighter. And seriously, that guy stood 5 inches from his TV with a bowl of soggy Cheerios? Someone needs to let go a little, lol.

Has anyone seen this article? Just saw it, when I get home I will have to watch the finale again.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2188831/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-dies-eyes/

I don't see anything about his eyes. But I do know this. At the Oxford Q and A they did back in March, an audience member asks everyone who they would like to be on the show. And Kit says that he'd like to be a Worg. He'd like to "Put himself into a wolf" and everyone erupted in laughter. Then Dave says "Two words, season 6...Season 6.".

I think Kit won't be in Season 6 because he'll be in Ghost. He'll return for the final Season after Mel resurrects him.

I don't see anything about his eyes. But I do know this. At the Oxford Q and A they did back in March, an audience member asks everyone who they would like to be on the show. And Kit says that he'd like to be a Worg. He'd like to "Put himself into a wolf" and everyone erupted in laughter. Then Dave says "Two words, season 6...Season 6.".

I think Kit won't be in Season 6 because he'll be in Ghost. He'll return for the final Season after Mel resurrects him.

Who's Ghost? I thought he was only a book character? ;)

Assuming there will be seven (eight) seasons and consequenty 20 (30) episodes left - do you really think the main character is going to be absent for half (a third) of what's left of the show?

Kit H's eyes are a super dark brown in real life, when looking at the very last shot of him in ep 10 they are deffinitley a diferent color than normal. I am not sure why though, I know there is the whole warging theory but Brans eyes turn completely white when he wargs, what is happening with Jon doesn't really look the same. Unless it was just a little clue and in season 6 we see the same scene and we see his eyes keep lightening and then go completely white and witness him warg. Alternatively he could be becomin a WW or something, they have those really blue eyes, so maybe his eyes are in the process of getting lighter to turn that blue color.

Worst cliffhanger ever.

1, Jon dies permanently. If so, handling it like a cliffhanger robs us of the emotional impact it deserves and replaces it with vague hope.

2, Jon survives/revives. If so, it's lazy and cheap writing to have it at the end like that. Faux tension.

On 2: I remember reading a GRRM interview shortly after Dance's publication where he said he originally wanted a chapter that showed the Wall aftermath in Dance, but his editor convinced him to move it to the next book. If they had been more willing to cut the fat from Tyrion and Dany's chapters and simply removed Quentyn, they probably could have fit that chapter and the Battles of Winterfell and Meereen into Dance, which would have made for a much better and more complete book. Also, yeah, the whole death cliffhanger plot device has really become overused in the last two books.

I hope Jon isn't stuck in Ghost for an entire season/book. Jon's Dance arc was his best out of any of the books, because he was finally getting involved in the politics of the world. Having him become a wolfboy would make his chapters as boring as Bran's, who is pretty damn boring.

On 2: I remember reading a GRRM interview shortly after Dance's publication where he said he originally wanted a chapter that showed the Wall aftermath in Dance, but his editor convinced him to move it to the next book. If they had been more willing to cut the fat from Tyrion and Dany's chapters and simply removed Quentyn, they probably could have fit that chapter and the Battles of Winterfell and Meereen into Dance, which would have made for a much better and more complete book. Also, yeah, the whole death cliffhanger plot device has really become overused in the last two books.

I hope Jon isn't stuck in Ghost for an entire season/book. Jon's Dance arc was his best out of any of the books, because he was finally getting involved in the politics of the world. Having him become a wolfboy would make his chapters as boring as Bran's, who is pretty damn boring.

Don't get me started on GRRM's editor!

I'm sorry but putting Jon/Kit inside Ghost for a whole book/season seriously sucks, what's the point?

:agree:

I think it could work for 1-2 episodes, especially if we have other stuff going on at the Wall and see Jon!Ghost get revenge. However, it would suck for a whole season, especially when the show only has 2 seasons left. This is why I can't see Kit skipping a whole season. There isn't enough time left for Jon to skip a whole season.

I think season 6 will be Jon preparing for the Long Night (getting involved in Northern politics....Stannis was killed off to make room for this) and Season 7 will be the Long Night.

Also, I can't see them going with the Warg plot. The show have made a point to show every warging experience have the person's eyes roll back and go white. In the final scene Jon was dead and his eyes did not go into warg mode.

:agree:

I think it could work for 1-2 episodes, especially if we have other stuff going on at the Wall and see Jon!Ghost get revenge. However, it would suck for a whole season, especially when the show only has 2 seasons left. This is why I can't see Kit skipping a whole season. There isn't enough time left for Jon to skip a whole season.

I think season 6 will be Jon preparing for the Long Night (getting involved in Northern politics....Stannis was killed off to make room for this) and Season 7 will be the Long Night.

Also, I can't see them going with the Warg plot. The show have made a point to show every warging experience have the person's eyes roll back and go white. In the final scene Jon was dead and his eyes did not go into warg mode.

Thus another reason not to care for the show much. Jon is a war yet the show writers decide to write that part out for reasons that are beyond me.

So this means that GRRM knows Jons fate since 2011 ... interesting ...

I think they saved the warging in the stark blood only for bran and maeby arya(and this remain to be proved in s6, unless they go with the 'daredevil' treatment) the same they probably saved the big resurrection for jon and axed LSH, i did noticed a change in the eyes, but they are not turning warg white nor targ purple, or at least i cant see it..perhaps a way to show that he trully dies?

Archived