Which Theory Would You Be Most Satistfied To Learn To Be False?

No a major theory, but still I've heard it:

that Euron is merely a pawn of the Warlocks who want revenge on Daenerys. I really want Euron to be a major player and a manipulator more than a mere pawn.

Tyrion is a Targ/Blackfyre/anything but Tywin's son. It would be worse for Tywin's character than for Tyrion. Tywin not being willing to accept Tyrion as his son and heir is weakened if he's not really his son and heir.

Tyrion is a Targ/Blackfyre/anything but Tywin's son. It would be worse for Tywin's character than for Tyrion. Tywin not being willing to accept Tyrion as his son and heir is weakened if he's not really his son and heir.

Because he's a dwarf, how deep.

Any theory where any of the Lannisters are Targs. I see where people get the evidence they use to back it up, just don't find it that convincing, or see why it would be an addition to the story (I think the dragonriders are Dany, Bran,and Jon). Where as I can see where it would be an addition to the story were R+L=J to be true, which seems likely. Whether he's legit or not, I do think Targ blood may give him an in with dragons, and if he plays a part in saving the kingdom (I'm of the belief it won't be just one person), the true legitimacy may not matter too much to the characters (I do think the readers will get a definite answer). I get why people who like Jon wouldn't want him to make a claim for the throne or would want him to stay with the NW, but 1) I think Jon will be in play for the Iron Throne precisely because it would not make him happy and not be something he seeks out by himself, 2) the whole FTW scene makes a good case for his not being in the NW anymore (either by choice cause who wants to stay in a place where people literally stabbed you in the back for essentially being farsighted enough to see the big picture or cause they don't want him anymore given that he should be dead) and 3) I'm not convinced the Wall or NW will exist in a way that it is place for Jon to be at the end of the story.

Jojen paste.

The Others are something other than evil.

Dany will go mad at the end. I don't see it, mind you I don't see her living through the series either, but I don't think she'll be crazy when she dies.

Haven't seen it in this thread yet but have seen it on the boards several times...the idea that at the end there will somehow be a representative government ruling Westeros when all is said and done.

ETA: That Jon dies and is resurrected. I'd much rather he just come really really really close to death like Bran but not cross over so as to avoid the whole undead not really alive thing that happened with Beric and Lady Stoneheart.

RLJ-Because its false and probably one of the biggest red herrings in the series that needs to be put out of its misery.

Rheagar and Lyanna getting hitched by some drunk septon under some where wood...I can't even finish this one.

Dany going bonkers

Daario=Benjen. What the frack man!!!

Jon somehow taking Drogon from Dany....Sigh

I think Jon being anything other than Ned's bastard could seriously damage the integrity of the series.

On the other hand if Jon is Ned's bastard AND he stays dead it would totally renew my faith in GRRM. Jon staying dead is literally the only thing he could there that would actually blow my mind at this point.

If Sansa turns evil I'm burning the books no question.

Bolt-On

+

this: "Any theory with opening posts that are longer than some of the chapters in the books."

At this point the R+L=J threads must be several times the length of the entire series including all the material GRRM threw out during editing.

It is of course a red herring because it doesn't change anything. Jon joined the NW because he was a bastard and there was no place for him in Westeros society. Being Rheagar's son makes no difference because he would still be a bastard. Targareans could only practice polygamy or incest while they had dragons. Rheagar had no dragons. There is no place in Westeros society for the children of polygamous marriages of folk whose parent's don't have dragons.

At this point the R+L=J threads must be several times the length of the entire series including all the material GRRM threw out during editing.

It is of course a red herring because it doesn't change anything. Jon joined the NW because he was a bastard and there was no place for him in Westeros society. Being Rheagar's son makes no difference because he would still be a bastard. Targareans could only practice polygamy or incest while they had dragons. Rheagar had no dragons. There is no place in Westeros society for the children of polygamous marriages of folk whose parent's don't have dragons.

Agreed ! And to quote Renly:

"Tell me, what right did my brother Robert ever have to the Iron Throne? Oh, there was talk of the blood ties between Baratheon and Targaryen, of weddings a hundred years past, of second sons and elder daughters. No one but the maesters care about any of it. Robert won the throne with his warhammer."

Anyone who wants to be king,or Queen will have to take the throne by might and might alone.

Agreed ! And to quote Renly:

"Tell me, what right did my brother Robert ever have to the Iron Throne? Oh, there was talk of the blood ties between Baratheon and Targaryen, of weddings a hundred years past, of second sons and elder daughters. No one but the maesters care about any of it. Robert won the throne with his warhammer."

Anyone who wants to be king,or Queen will have to take the throne by might and might alone.

Egg didnot take the throne by might.

Egg didnot take the throne by might.

Circumstance was different including the fact that there was a sitting dynasty and the prospects were within that line................This here is a potential dog fight.Scratch that it is going to be a dog fight.Why?

1.The Baratheon on the throne is being contested .Going to need might to keep it because...

2.The supposed last survivor of the previous dynasty is a threat and she has armies and a dragon and her force is going to grow.

3.Then we now have another Targ coming out of the woodwork and is tearing up the place

4.Then we have Stan the man

So i'll say again anyone wanting the throne is going to have to take it with might.

Archived