Which Theory Would You Be Most Satistfied To Learn To Be False?

A+J = T

If this theory were true, I think it wouold undermine Tyrion as a charecter and as a person. His major defining relationship is with his father, and to find out that Tywin wasn't his father would seem like a cheap trick to get tyrion out of the stigma of being a kinslayer. Tyrion as a charecter would be worse off if he found out that he was a Targ bastard, and it would undermine his relationships with Jamie and Cersi as well.

A+J = T

If this theory were true, I think it wouold undermine Tyrion as a charecter and as a person. His major defining relationship is with his father, and to find out that Tywin wasn't his father would seem like a cheap trick to get tyrion out of the stigma of being a kinslayer. Tyrion as a charecter would be worse off if he found out that he was a Targ bastard, and it would undermine his relationships with Jamie and Cersi as well.

Not that I'm a strong believer of that theory, although it is possible, but Tyrion's relationship with Cersei and Jamie is already undermined. Especially with Cersei is completely damaged.

Not that I'm a strong believer of that theory, although it is impossible for GRRM to do something so dumb, but Tyrion's relationship with Cersei and Jamie is already undermined. Especially with Cersei is completely damaged.

1) Fixed that for you.

2) How is it damaged or undermined?

Aerys II, some think he slept with Joanna Lannister, and he's not actually Tywin's son. It's a weird theory made by people who want Tyrion to ride a dragon, which is why I don't like it.

It's not a weird theory and it's based on evidence in the text that I believe was deliberately put in by the author to make the CHARACTERS think he might be half-Targaryen. Doesn't mean he will be, but it's been very purposely set up to look possible.

He doesn't need to be Aerys' son to ride a dragon. Targaryens do not have a monopoly on dragonriding.

2) How is it damaged or undermined?

Well, she hates him, wants to get rid of him. There was always a power struggle between the two. She accused him of killing Joffrey and wants him dead. Cersei is a lost case.

Not that I'm a strong believer of that theory, although it is possible, but Tyrion's relationship with Cersei and Jamie is already undermined. Especially with Cersei is completely damaged.

And so is his relationship with Tywin... Very much undermined already IMHO.

A+J = T

This is true if the story ended after Tyrion killed Tywin, but the story is only @ 1/2 way done.

You cant say it will ruin his arc when you dont know what the end of his story is.

Seriously? Do you really believe that or is that just something your saying to counter the argument for "Tywin and Tyrion's relationship will be destroyed should Tyrion be Aerys's son"

Wake up Balerion: the relationship between Tyrion and his father died out 3 books ago, with a crossbow bolt...

I get the whole Tyrion thing, though I think the evidence points more strongly to potentially Cersei and Jaime being Aryes' since the only contact we're sure of happened during the bedding and they are older than Tyrion. True something could have happened later but a large part of the reason I don't like it is it would validate Tywin's dislike of Tyrion and his determination to never have him inherit. While I'm no fan whatsoever of the idea that any of of Tywin's kids are fathered by Aryes, it would at least be more satisfying if it was the children he adored vs the one he hated for his whole life.

When people say "it undermines the relationship" they don't mean it makes a previously good relationship bad. They mean it gums up a painful, layered and well-written relationship in some ways and oversimplifies it in others.

As far as my picks:

- Jaime as valonqar. So many people take this for granted despite it making exactly zero sense.

- AJT, or any other AJ combo, but this especially. Tyrion's lineage is not intended to be in question.

- For similar reasons, anyone other than Ramsay as the author of the pink letter. The mystery there is just how much of it is true.

- I'll probably regret this, but any reenactment of AA being necessary to end the coming Long Night.

Archived