What will be the outcome of the sacrifice from episode 9

Rickon will return

First post! After knowing about this forum for a while, I've finally decided to join.

Anyway, I've been wondering something since episode 9, and even more so since episode ten. What will be the outcome of Shireen's sacrifice? Well, appart from a mass desertion, Selyse's suicide, and a tiny rise in temperatures.

A popular theory I've known about for years is that book-Melisandre will sacrifice Shireen and resurect Jon, deliberately or not. The problem with that is, Shireen was barbecued days before Jon's assasination, and nothing magical has happened yet.

Has the show decided to forget about Thoros and shadow babies, and act as if fire magic was a fake? Did something no one noticed happen? Will something happen in the future?

Shireen was sacrificed to melt the snow and that's exactly what happened in episode 10.

Melisandre visited Thoros in the Riverlands in season 3. She must have talked to Thoros about the Kiss of Life. So she'll probably resurrect Jon in the same way Thoros resurrects Beric.

And why wouldn't she just resurrect Stannis? What better way to prove the power of your God to someone with waning faith than bringing him back from the dead? I don't think Stannis would ever question her again after that one. But wait a moment, I get it, Stannis shoulder bumped her on his way out of the tent so she is "done" with Stannis. All Jerry Springer about it.

I guess this plot hole about Stannis's sidekick being one of the few people who can resurrect people from the dead would have been another reason to NOT have Brienne kill Stannis. I mean, wait a moment, what if Brienne did chop off Stannis's head? Can you not bring someone back from the dead after their heads been chopped off? Face palm, it's Highlander 2. Didn't Mel ever have that conversation with Stannis at any point during the years the were living/traveling together? "Hey, btw, if you die, don't worry and be chill cuz I'll bring you right back." Then D&D can explain to me how Myranda fell from a lower height than Sansa/Theon and exploded like Gallagher smashing a watermelon but when Sansa/Theon jumped from even higher they somehow managed to survive? Oh, wait! the 1 foot of snow on the ground, right? Oh, wait, I thought the snow melted? Face palm, it's Highlander 2. And of course, the writing, "you wanted a good girl but you need a bad pussy." Face palm, I give up, the entire episode was Highlander 2.

And why wouldn't she just resurrect Stannis? What better way to prove the power of your God to someone with waning faith than bringing him back from the dead? I don't think Stannis would ever question her again after that one. But wait a moment, I get it, Stannis shoulder bumped her on his way out of the tent so she is "done" with Stannis. All Jerry Springer about it.

Why would she resurrect a man she no longer believes in? It was pretty clear she gave up on Stannis when she left.

Shireen was sacrificed to melt the snow and that's exactly what happened in episode 10.

Melisandre visited Thoros in the Riverlands in season 3. She must have talked to Thoros about the Kiss of Life. So she'll probably resurrect Jon in the same way Thoros resurrects Beric.

This. It melted the snow. Yay!

I'm not sure what more you want. The sacrifice directly led to Stannis' downfall (whether or not he's still alive), the desertion of Melisandre who I assume has some sort of role left to play in the story, and the destruction of his army.

Well I would have liked the sacrifice of Shireen to mean something other/more than Satannis' eventual downfall. The stakes were too small for it to have any real point or meaning to the story as a whole.

I'm not sure what more you want. The sacrifice directly led to Stannis' downfall (whether or not he's still alive), the desertion of Melisandre who I assume has some sort of role left to play in the story, and the destruction of his army.

After all the hype on kingsblood, this is the most antyclimatic outcome imaginable. I get the fact that it leads to Stannis's downfall, but the absence of any other effects bug me.

Why would she resurrect a man she no longer believes in? It was pretty clear she gave up on Stannis when she left.

Yes, I understand the series of events that occurred in the horrible episode. But they only occurred that way because D&D wrote it that way (poorly.) My question is not about the series of events that took place. My question is regarding the character motivation behind those events. If she believed in Stannis for so long then why did she decide to give up on him right then and there? Why didn't she at least bring him back from the dead and once and for all prove to Stannis that her power works and that his sacrifices were not for nothing? Answer: Because wait a moment, the show has become Highlander 2. It's almost as convenient a sudden motivation as Brienne running into Stannis was a convenient substitute for good storytelling.

Yes, I understand the series of events that occurred in the horrible episode. But they only occurred that way because D&D wrote it that way (poorly.) My question is not about the series of events that took place. My question is regarding the character motivation behind those events. If she believed in Stannis for so long then why did she decide to give up on him right then and there? Why didn't she at least bring him back from the dead and once and for all prove to Stannis that her power works and that his sacrifices were not for nothing? Answer: Because wait a moment, the show has become Highlander 2. It's almost as convenient a sudden motivation as Brienne running into Stannis was a convenient substitute for good storytelling.

I hope Melisandre has found out something we don't know, otherwise her departure makes no sense. Maybe something clicked inside her, and she realised Jon is AAR, and not Stannis.

To be fair, a resurected Stannis would pretty useless without his army.

I hope Melisandre has found out something we don't know, otherwise her departure makes no sense. Maybe something clicked inside her, and she realised Jon is AAR, and not Stannis.

To be fair, a resurected Stannis would pretty useless without his army.

I think she simply lost faith in the Mannis or herself,look at her face as the news of deserting come in.She has to know that Stannis cant win without his army,things don't go as planned.And then look at her when she arrives at the wall.

She looks really depressed IMHO.She has the facial expression of someone who has had her belief disproven.

Could all be an act though,maybe shes the most patient Faceless Man.

(sorry about the english,Valyrio muño ēngos ñuhys issa.)

• 4 weeks later...

It could 've been a good storyline to see develope,but with Stannis dead,who knows. What does Davos do now? At least

if Stannis lived,it would've been good to see what Davos would've done when he heard Stannis had Shireen burned.

With the season finale,this series can go anywhere now. Jon Snow is dead. Stannis is dead. Roose Bolton runs the north

with no major army in sight. Theon and Sansa running to nowhere in particular. The nights watch has ser Alliser now

in command with wildlings living with them. Melisandre is in a daze. Who knows what state of mind Davos is in.Bran is in

a tree somewhere.Rickon is out there somewhere. Arya is now blind. Cersai is a mess. Margaery is in prison.Daenerys

is now a prisoner of the dothraki.Tommen is Crying for Margaery.Myrcella is dying in Jaime's arms. Did I miss anything.

Oh yea,Brienne is still running around the countryside.

It could 've been a good storyline to see develope,but with Stannis dead,who knows. What does Davos do now? At least

if Stannis lived,it would've been good to see what Davos would've done when he heard Stannis had Shireen burned.

With the season finale,this series can go anywhere now. Jon Snow is dead. Stannis is dead. Roose Bolton runs the north

with no major army in sight. Theon and Sansa running to nowhere in particular. The nights watch has ser Alliser now

in command with wildlings living with them. Melisandre is in a daze. Who knows what state of mind Davos is in.Bran is in

a tree somewhere.Rickon is out there somewhere. Arya is now blind. Cersai is a mess. Margaery is in prison.Daenerys

is now a prisoner of the dothraki.Tommen is Crying for Margaery.Myrcella is dying in Jaime's arms. Did I miss anything.

Oh yea,Brienne is still running around the countryside.

I know right. There is a lot of stuff in the air I honestly don't see how anyone can really predict whats coming next season. Its kind of exciting.

My personal guess: I think after meeting up with Brienne and Pod the four of them while running from Ramsay and his 20 good men stumble into Yara and her men then Ramsay and his 20 good men learn what the Ironborn are good at.

Pure crackpot.

If Stannis is alive, I believe a befitting end to his arc would be he makes it back to the NW to see that Jon Snow is dead, Mel tells him her visions were wrong, he was not the savior, Jon was, realizing he has nothing to live for and his sacrifice was for nothing, he will sacrifice his Kings blood to bring Jon back....

Pure crackpottery, but I think it would be a fitting end for the Mannis, to do one last duty for the realm.

Archived